Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics G35???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on when and where the first kits are going?

Old 07-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Where can we see pics, parts list, specs, power numbers, etc for this kit???

Old 07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Not sure on what the acutal ship date of the kit will be. They are doing road testing for a while this week and once complete if everything is copa setic then the pieces will come off the car and go to production. Brad said he was going to send me some more pics and info today. I should also have the install instructs this week if they get them done. As for Specs I can tell you what my Z kit does. 386 RWHP 365 ft/lb tq at 8 PSI. 11:1 AFR across the board. Kit comes with the following:

Turbonetics 60-1 Stage V Cermaic Ball Bearing turbo
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor Blow Off Valve
380 cc drop in plug in injectors
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Spearco Front Mount Intercooler
two slimline 6 1/2" fans (for flowing air across intercooler with stock bumper) The fans will run on slow at 6 volts off boost and cannot be heard. On boost they are kicked up to 12 volts to provide adequate air flow across the intercooler. The fan system is removable and the brackets are hidden if you have an aftermarket bumper with a center opening.
All madrel bent polished SS exhaust piping
All mandrel bent powder coated black chrome aluminum intake piping
ECU reflash (part of the kit price)
1 case of Turbonetics TS-1 syn oil
12,000 mile/12 month warranty on all kit items regardless of whose fault it is that it broke Turbonetics will replace it. Don't know cost yet. You can check out Turbonetics webpage for info on the items of the kit but I don't think the G kit is on there yet... www.turboneticsinc.com

Old 07-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im hearing for about 4 months that it will be out in "2 months" . When it is going to be really release and how do i put my self in the waiting list? I really want this system on my G'35. Please HURRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by zpeedray
im hearing for about 4 months that it will be out in "2 months" . When it is going to be really release and how do i put my self in the waiting list? I really want this system on my G'35. Please HURRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
I know there were some delays in getting the G35 in the shop for work. They had to finish the Z 5AT kit and 05 Z kit. Also they had to finish a project for Scion. The kit is on the road now though. As for getting it well you can place a pre-order through one of the vendors now for one. Avalon Racing is doing a special for like $4300~ pre-order for the G kit. Sharif is also going to be selling them. I'll try to get some more info and pics today.

Old 07-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Man......I want one!!!!!

Old 07-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 questions..

first of all i really want this kit.. and i think this is the one i will get..ok now for the questions

1.) did i hear right? can i keep my headers with this kit?

2.) how will this work with the 05 g35 6mt if you have to get it reflashed i heard they dont have the reflashes for the 05's yet? please explain.. if someone can clarify this with me

ok 3 questions

someone was saying something about modifying the exhaust.. i have alphaworks headers/test pipes and a really really nice hks td exuast that i really dont feel like cutting up. can somone please tell me it will be ok with this kit

Old 07-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I'm keeping my stock headers. From what I've been told Turbonetics hasn't found headers that won't work with this kit. The catch is that if you have a true duel exhaust it won't work with the kit. You'll need to mod your duel or find a kit that will work. You stock exhaust will work with the kit if you're willing to go that route.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Question

Anyone know whats the deal with the Cats....either stock or aftermarket High Flow???

I read somewhere where they told someone they could not use their Kinetix cats.....that the kit required the Turbonetics downpipe w/ the cat built in....????

Old 07-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by OldVFRGuy
Anyone know whats the deal with the Cats....either stock or aftermarket High Flow???

I read somewhere where they told someone they could not use their Kinetix cats.....that the kit required the Turbonetics downpipe w/ the cat built in....????

Neither of the single turbo kits will allow you to keep the stock cats. This is becuase there is a pipe that bolts to the stock header location to merge the flow of the two exhaust ports. Turbonetics does offer a cat version of the kit which places a high flow cat on the downpipe after the turbo. I have it at my house right now and as soon as I can get in to my buddies shop I will be rolling for emissions both with and without cat to see what kind of numbers I get.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks!

I wish they would hurry up with the G35 Kit......I want one!

I volunteer my car to be the first test in the SE.....