Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Gauge Pods (triple)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please help me... I'm looking for the part numbers for these gauges...

I'm looking for the same boost gauge, a fuel pressure gauge instead of an oil pressure gauge (BOTH OF THESE GAUGES WOULD BE DEFI) and then the AEM wideband a/f. The DEFI gauges are supposed to match the amber lights of the G perfectly!

Also, do I want 52 or 60mm set up? TIA

Old 07-26-2005, 06:43 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by neffster
Also, do I want 52 or 60mm set up? TIA

Look whos unsure now!! Somebody help him decide as he has until Friday to figure it out!!!

Old 07-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Jason,

I may be buying my gauges and pod before the install to save money...

Here's what I've found so far:

52 mm DEFI boost gauge (CP Racing price $150.00)

52 mm DEFI fuel pressure gague (CP Racing price $175)

52 mm AEM wide band A/Fwith $50 rebate (CP Racing Price $350)

Grubbs has the gauge pod I want for $69.99 but their site isn't working right now...

These are just the first sites I clicked on. Odds are that we can find better pricing with a little research.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:26 PM
neffster,

The gauges you are looking for are the defi d series gauges. I have the 52mm and the picture you posted look the same as mine.

Intensepower.com has the boost for less than $100.

http://www.intensepower.com/dgaugeblack.html

Old 07-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Neffster, Gman2004 I believe is correct on the series of gauges that you had posted.

However if you are talking about matching the amber color of the G's gauges are you sure you aren't looking for an electronic gauge like the Defi Link Meter BF series (click on their demo in this link)?
http://www.defi-shop.com/product/bf/bf_top.html

These are a bit more costly than the standard manual gauge, but it's got the cool factor (you'll need to get a control unit II if you decide to go with the BF series). These are 60 mm only at this point and metric units for the amber.

I bit the shiny hook and went with this series.

-----EDIT-----
Wouldn't you know it, two weeks after I buy mine they now say they are going to release imperial units and an updated control unit II.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Is the triple pod 52.4mm gauge sizes? Do they sell double gauge pods for our cars?

I am going to be doing the install myself, and I highly doubt I can weld up a bung for the wideband a/f gauge. Fuel pressure and Boost will be good enough for me.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
neffster,

The gauges you are looking for are the defi d series gauges. I have the 52mm and the picture you posted look the same as mine.

How are these installed? Only the Boost gauge is listed as a mechanical gauge (IE - vacumm line goes into the cabin and plugs into the gauge). How would the A/F and Fuel Pressure Gauges get hooked up, I didn't see anything on intensepower's site?

Old 07-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Gman2004
neffster,

Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by GZire
Neffster, Gman2004 I believe is correct on the series of gauges that you had posted.

However if you are talking about matching the amber color of the G's gauges are you sure you aren't looking for an electronic gauge like the Defi Link Meter BF series (click on their demo in this link)?
http://www.defi-shop.com/product/bf/bf_top.html

These are a bit more costly than the standard manual gauge, but it's got the cool factor (you'll need to get a control unit II if you decide to go with the BF series). These are 60 mm only at this point and metric units for the amber.

I bit the shiny hook and went with this series.

-----EDIT-----
Wouldn't you know it, two weeks after I buy mine they now say they are going to release imperial units and an updated control unit II.
GZire, Here's what I was going by...
Attractive design

a. LED Lamps: The light is produced from high intense LED lamps. A bright transparent amber gauge dial and a red instrument pointer are used in the gauges to increase visibility at night and low-light applications.
This is the part that I thought would match the amber interior lights. Actually I think I prefer a mechanical gauge. They're easier to read and the display holds up over time better from what I understand.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
The D Series gauges match pretty darn close to the factory gauge.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
How are these installed? Only the Boost gauge is listed as a mechanical gauge (IE - vacumm line goes into the cabin and plugs into the gauge). How would the A/F and Fuel Pressure Gauges get hooked up, I didn't see anything on intensepower's site?
Sorry can't help you there. I don't know chit about mechanics.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:56 AM
T-max, the wideband A/F is usually installed pre-cat. Crawford will weld a bung into the passenger cat, above the catalytic converter itself. The ID of the bung has a thread which is identical to the O2 sensors your car uses. I have a bung welded into my cat and an old, broken O2 sensor acting as a plug for my NA setup. I'll have CP Racing remove this O2 sensor (plug) and then retap this threaded hole and then screw in my wideband there.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
T-max, the wideband A/F is usually installed pre-cat. Crawford will weld a bung into the passenger cat, above the catalytic converter itself. The ID of the bung has a thread which is identical to the O2 sensors your car uses. I have a bung welded into my cat and an old, broken O2 sensor acting as a plug for my NA setup. I'll have CP Racing remove this O2 sensor (plug) and then retap this threaded hole and then screw in my wideband there.

Hope this helps.
I am trying to figure out if I should get a bung welded up somewhere for a wideband O2, or to just stick with Fuel Pressure and Boost. Yeah, it's nice to see the A/F, but if you can see the Fuel Pressure, it is basically all the same (unless using it for tuning purposes). I really don't know the earliest I could get my car to Coastal Dyno down south or somewhere else that tunes the R4 software.

Ordered JWT Oil Pan Spacer and AutoSport Patch Harness this morning. Sending cashiers check out at lunch for the BIG goodies. I really hope they are telling the truth when they say the kits have already started production and I don't have to wait 3 weeks or so for the kit.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:54 AM
I am guessing that no one makes a 2 3/8" Gauge pod for us yet right? I think I want to use the Defi BF Amber series gauges...

Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 PM
I am guessing that no one makes a 2 3/8" Gauge pod for us yet right? I think I want to use the Defi BF Amber series gauges...
I believe intensepower has both size. 2 3/8 is the same as 60mm I believe. Give them a call.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Intense does have a 60 mm (2-3/8") triple gauge pod. The problem is the AEM UEGO and Innovate wideband are both 52 mm. You can have Intense bore out the 52 mm pod to 60 mm to fit the Defi BF gauges for a nominal fee. Talk to Andrew over there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gauge Pods (triple)