Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS TT On A Dynojet!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APS TT On A Dynojet!

Here's an APS TT Z with only 9.5lbs of boost, running on 91 octane, producing 462whp on a dynojet!! Based on this, Dynapack numbers don't looked inflated to me. Just thought I'd post it for the doubters.

barthelb
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Trader Rating: (0)

462whp 445wtrq 9.5psi Stock Motor Dynojet dyno inside
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Rob & Vince @ ZcarGarage

Lately I've noticed my car was making more power and I told Rob. Rob checked it out and said yeah its making more...so he decided to take my car to the dyno while he was tuning other APS cars.

First off the A/F guage on the Dyno chart is lil off. Just wanted to clarify, its similar but a lil off. They increased boost pressure approx. 1- .5 to an even 9.5 all the way out. When they brought the car to the dyno they did a base line of 488 which they felt was odd. So they let it cool down and made their changes and did another pull. I was at work so I don't know how many pulls they did. But man this thing is silky smooth now and pulls even harder. My torque is now up 40ft lbs. I cant wait for the drag strip now to confirm how much this helps.

APS TT 9.5psi 91Oct Dyno 462rwhp 445rwtrq JWT Cams, JWT Clutch, JWT Flywheel, Koyo Radiator, 300zx Oil Cooler, Defi BF Guages & controller, 19"5zigen SMB's w/ Michelin PS2's, Stoptech 14"BBk

Last edited by BrianlG35C; 09-24-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Never enough
Yes I know the car. Last week he ran a 12.10 before the new tune.

Old 09-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Ohio G Club Member
I've seen some members on here post that the dynapack numbers are not accurate and/or exaggerated as compared to the dynojet. So I thought post this would shed some light since he's running 462whp with cams on 91 octane, dyno'd on a dynojet and I'm running 442whp with plenum and test pipes on 93 octane, dyno'd on a dynapack. I believe these comparisons would make the two dynos very similar.

I'm sure somehow this will be disputed.

Old 09-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Never enough
Yeah Im sure it will but his 1/4 speaks for itself and he also has video of it. Rob at Z car will be tunning my car as well, thats who did that one. I cant wait to get my motor back in the car and take it to him to do his magic!

Old 09-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Ohio G Club Member
That's great, I hope everything turns out well with your G.

Old 09-24-2005, 10:56 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
I've seen some members on here post that the dynapack numbers are not accurate and/or exaggerated as compared to the dynojet. So I thought post this would shed some light since he's running 462whp with cams on 91 octane, dyno'd on a dynojet and I'm running 442whp with plenum and test pipes on 93 octane, dyno'd on a dynapack. I believe these comparisons would make the two dynos very similar.

I'm sure somehow this will be disputed.
Brian, I was one of those people and it's a fact...I dyno'ed on a DynaPack and showed 388whp/328lbft....without changing anything I put it on an SAE corrected DynoJet and made 324whp/278ftlb...there is a dif. I've been retuned since and it's now 348whp/303ftlb on a DynoJet.

Your post doesn't prove anything regarding DynaPack because you don't post any numbers he put down on a DynaPack. I'm not being hostile Brian, we're cool, I'm just saying, I have personal experience with both and my rep here on the site speaks for itself.

BTW, to prove I didn't have some MAJOR power loss between the two dif dynos, I took it to the track and ran the same times after.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Why do G's pull in such slow 1/4 times for such high power. I hate american cars, and you may flame me all you want, but Camaros are pushing maybe 350 to the wheels and theyre running low 12's. Z's and G's are pushing 420+ and THEY rack up low 12's. Im also sure that the Z is lighter than a LS1 Camaro. Y exactly do they rack up lower times with much lower horsepower?

Old 09-25-2005, 12:25 AM
you just asked why the g35's are slower but you said the 350z is lighter than a camaro. a g35 is a heavier, upscale 350z. a camaro is a sports car. i would hope hope if you went apples for apples the 350z wil beat out the camaro. but i am import biased to an extent. get some 1/4 mile times between the two and let me know what comes up.

Old 09-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by Randys_G
Brian, I was one of those people and it's a fact...I dyno'ed on a DynaPack and showed 388whp/328lbft....without changing anything I put it on an SAE corrected DynoJet and made 324whp/278ftlb...there is a dif. I've been retuned since and it's now 348whp/303ftlb on a DynoJet.

Your post doesn't prove anything regarding DynaPack because you don't post any numbers he put down on a DynaPack. I'm not being hostile Brian, we're cool, I'm just saying, I have personal experience with both and my rep here on the site speaks for itself.

BTW, to prove I didn't have some MAJOR power loss between the two dif dynos, I took it to the track and ran the same times after.
I understand and respect what you're saying Randy and don't think you're being hostile but if you look at the boost, mods and octane that he and I are running it doesn't make sense. Based on your numbers the dynopack is 16.5% less than the dynojet. So my numbers should actually be around 369whp on the dynojet. That's crazy!

He's running lower octane, no plenum and no test pipes test pipes and you're tellling me he has 93 more whp than me?? How is that possible?

Now let's look at my dyno graph, you can see the baseline was around 240whp and after install and tuning I ended up with 442whp. That's 200whp gain.

Last edited by BrianlG35C; 09-25-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
I understand and respect what you're saying Randy and don't think you're being hostile but if you look at the boost, mods and octane that he and I are running it doesn't make sense. Based on your numbers the dynopack is 16.5% less than the dynojet. So my numbers should actually be around 369whp on the dynojet. That's crazy!

He's running lower octane, no plenum and no test pipes test pipes and you're tellling me he has 93 more whp than me?? How is that possible?

Now let's look at my dyno graph, you can see the baseline was around 240whp and after install and tuning I ended up with 442whp. That's 200whp gain.

WRT "He's running lower octane, no plenum and no test pipes"
Correction: He "is" most def running Test pipes.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Ohio G Club Member
You're right he's running Helix test pipes and the same Nismo exhaust as me. Ok so he's running a 1/2lb. more boost and cams on 91 octane and I'm running a plenum on 93 octane, This would make a 93whp difference between his and my car? Again, it just doesn't make sense!

My dyno sheet shows a baseline and final tune, again a 200whp gain. Pretty much all dynos have shown stock Gs to run between approx. 230whp to 240whp and this shows no exception. The 200whp gain puts me at an easy to equate 440whp+.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Dynapack is WAY HIGHER than a dynojet. Go back and search the Central Florida Dyno Day, Results are in thread. We used a dynojet. Then search for the California dyno day thread that Clint put together. They used a dynapack. Compare the G35's stock for stock from each dyno day and see the DRASTIC difference. Both cars put our 280bhp according to Nissan/Infiniti yet the dynapack cars were way higher than the dynojet cars.

Here, I'll even provide the links for you in the order of the dyno days...

CFL dyno day - dynojet

Golden Gate dyno day - dynojet

SoCal dyno day - dynapack

Again, moderators... why aren't these 3 threads stickys?

Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Ohio G Club Member
I see what you're saying Neff but it looks like guys have had a discepancy all over the board. The following from Zimbo who feels it really matters how it's calculated and the Dynopack numbers are lower...

zimbo

Re: SoCal Dyno Day Results

My $0.02: I mean no offense to anyone but that particular Dynapack is poorly calibrated. It's OBVIOUS from looking at the numbers.

Don't blame this on the Dynapack system, blame it on that particular shop for having poor calibration!! I have done *extensive* dyno comparisons between two Dynojets and a Dynapack in my area and they are extremely close as far as number go. If anything, the Dynapack numbers are lower.

Steve

To Clint (THX723) who says Dynapack reads 10-15 higher than a Dynojet...

09-13-2004, 08:37 AM
THX723
Trader Rating: (2) Join Date: Jun 2003

SoCal Dyno Day Results

Finally ... the results for the SoCal Dyno Day (9-04-2004) are in. Analysis and comments to come later ... when I find more free time.

I'd like to remind everyone these are Dyna Pack figures, which read approximately 10-15 hp higher than a DynoJet dynamometer.

Enjoy!
Clint (THX723)

So then how do you explain my baseline numbers? I don't know how you get away from my baseline being 240whp which is consistent with other stock G dynos and my gain of 200whp on the same Dynopack? None of the three links seem concrete to me.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't know how many times it has to be said but a dyno is a tuning tool and not a masculinity measurement. Great numbers by the way. Get that thing to the track and see what it runs in the 1/4. Two cars on the same day same dyno has some validity but otherwise who cares.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by chilibowl
Why do G's pull in such slow 1/4 times for such high power. I hate american cars, and you may flame me all you want, but Camaros are pushing maybe 350 to the wheels and theyre running low 12's. Z's and G's are pushing 420+ and THEY rack up low 12's. Im also sure that the Z is lighter than a LS1 Camaro. Y exactly do they rack up lower times with much lower horsepower?

Well, #1, Camaros, MUstangs and Grand Nationals all have very stout solid axles where you can bolt on drag radials, or better and launch the hell out of them. Most domestics like that knock out 60' times way below 2.0. Thats most of where the difference lies, in the launch. Check the trap speed, thats the indicator of HP/weight and I'll wager they are far closer in that measurement. All of us IRS cars have to be very carefull launching because of wheel hop and axle breakage.
All bets are off when the road turns twisty then the IRS shines.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS TT On A Dynojet!