Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech SC Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put on the most free flowing exhaust, headers, test pipes, intake manifold, etc...

Your boost will be low but your power and torque will be insane! This comes straight from Booger 3:13

Old 11-04-2005, 01:09 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by neffster
This comes straight from Booger 3:13
LOL. Now that was funny. If Booger only had a dime for every time he posted that.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Banned
I've NEVER said INSANE...lol . I was confused about it for awhile . Until I put cats back on the car and gained Boost [ 1 1/2 psi ] and lost power

Old 11-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2 cents-- if you want a reliable daily driver, you'll get all the power you need from a stock Vortech setup. The only mod I would recommend you do is swap out the spark plugs for a set of one step cooler coppers or Iridiums. Going with a larger exhaust will reduce back pressure to the point that your car will actually feel slower around town in the midrange of RPMs. The only improvement you'll notice will be close to redline--not something you're likely to do very much with a daily driver.

Tuning will optimize the setup but it's actually safest right out of the box because it's fairly rich during boost. I had 380 HP before any tuning and gained little from leaning things out--just better torque but not much. Any mod you do to increase HP and torque is only going to make the engine more failure prone.

Old 11-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Gerstinp
Thx for the info, so its the safest out of the box; recommand i just install it the way it is with one step lower sparks right? ill be more than happy if i can get 380hp out of the box without adding/tuning anything else.

Also what does it mean when u said its fairly rich in boost? that mean theres more fuel being burned ? sorry, just new to the SC sector. thx again.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by gersteinp
...Going with a larger exhaust will reduce back pressure to the point that your car will actually feel slower around town in the midrange of RPMs. The only improvement you'll notice will be close to redline--not something you're likely to do very much with a daily driver. ...
hahaha... I thought the same thing BEFORE I got my blower too. If that was true G8tor20 would not be getting such crappy gas mileage. Boy how my driving habits have changed. I never let the rpms go below 2500 now, EVER!

More air, more fuel, more power... as long as you're not in vacuum.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
God-speed: Pick up the book on supercharging by Corky Bell. It explains everything. If you need to ask about the meaning of "rich" then you need to do some studying to get up to speed.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Here's one I've wondered about... What is the impact of the adjustment screw on the BOV? I know 6 threads seems to be the magic number but why, any numbers on the this?

Old 11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by God-speed
Gerstinp
Thx for the info, so its the safest out of the box; recommand i just install it the way it is with one step lower sparks right? ill be more than happy if i can get 380hp out of the box without adding/tuning anything else.

Also what does it mean when u said its fairly rich in boost? that mean theres more fuel being burned ? sorry, just new to the SC sector. thx again.
YOU ARE NOT going to get 380whp out of the box , NO WAY . Unless you find a dyno that reads really high or get the operator to fudge the numbers . Expect 320 to 340whp

Old 11-06-2005, 10:04 PM
How does adjusting the SS box and doing a TS flash of the the ECU work since they both are modifying timing and the fuel map? Do you need to customize the TS flash? Do you need the SS mod at all if you go with the TS flash?

Old 12-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Thx guys, its been awhile since i posted anything in this thread. as of date, my mods are the 350Z H.Tech, INJEN SES exhaust, and New Rims.

G35 Coupe 04 AT with 16k now

I'm hoping to get a Vortech S/C next year once my income tax comes in...need to save save save

I read through the forum regarding Vortech S/C and in one of the thread mentioned about a tuner kit. Is that something Vortech includes when u purchase the S/C? If not, is it necessary?

My goal now is to hit around 380whp and around 350-360wtq. I want to reach the 400club but i don't want to change the internals or build a new motor, so i guess thats out of the question . My friend just got a V8 Firebird Trans AM. I need to be able to keep up with him. Knowing my friend though, he'll probably supercharge it or something and blow me away even more

Out of the box Vortech S/C will give me about 330whp est. running rich. but with a fine tune im hoping to hit 380whp and around 350-360wtq est...what do you guys think, with just an INJEN SES exhaust, you guys think i can hit my goal with a fine tune?

Old 12-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Banned
Well first off . To hit 380whp you'll need to get the 3.12 pulley . Then you will need to tune it and then dyno on a DynoJet dyno or another dyno that spits out high HP numbers . You will NOT get 350 to 360trq. out of the kit

Old 12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

nevermind.....

Old 12-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Has anyone heard news about installing this SSV Extreme Flow Kinetix Manifold http://www.kinetixracing.com/index.a...ProdID=12&HS=1 with a Vortech S/C?

Sure looks pretty...

Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by jsal
Has anyone heard news about installing this SSV Extreme Flow Kinetix Manifold http://www.kinetixracing.com/index.a...ProdID=12&HS=1 with a Vortech S/C?

Sure looks pretty...
My boy Andy (mcduck) from my350z has that setup on his brickyard Z.

Couldn't find any pics of just his engine!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech SC Question