Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Officially NA (Vortech Drama Continues)...need help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldVFRGuy
Oh come on.....they all sound like that!!!!

So my bearings are bad also.....??

Oh well....did you also disconnect the wiring harness and SS box so you are just running the stock ecu?
my bearings have been bad for 17,000 miles!

Old 11-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Randys_G
my bearings have been bad for 17,000 miles!

Mine are kinda naughty also........

Old 11-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Jason, I didn't know what you were talking about until AFTER you adjusted the belt with Dan. I heard your car at CP Racing, and again at my house in the garage when I tightened your tensioner pulley and it sounded identical to my set up. You even tried to get me to tell you it was too loud at my house and I thought they sounded identical up until the time that you and Dan started messing around with the tension in the cog belt.

If you're asking if I think it's messed up now, then yes I think it is. I also think that once you get it back on it is still going to rattle just like it did when you got it installed.

Could the bearings have been bad since day one? Sure.
Could they have gotten progressively worse over time? Sure.
Could you loosening the cog belt have caused the problem? IMO, yes it COULD have.
Do I think you should not tough the cog after the blower is rebuilt? ABSO-freakin-LOUTELY!

Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by neffster
Jason, I didn't know what you were talking about until AFTER you adjusted the belt with Dan. I heard your car at CP Racing, and again at my house in the garage when I tightened your tensioner pulley and it sounded identical to my set up. You even tried to get me to tell you it was too loud at my house and I thought they sounded identical up until the time that you and Dan started messing around with the tension in the cog belt.

If you're asking if I think it's messed up now, then yes I think it is. I also think that once you get it back on it is still going to rattle just like it did when you got it installed.

Could the bearings have been bad since day one? Sure.
Could they have gotten progressively worse over time? Sure.
Could you loosening the cog belt have caused the problem? IMO, yes it COULD have.
Do I think you should not tough the cog after the blower is rebuilt? ABSO-freakin-LOUTELY!
Haha. Thanks for the input Todd. The cog, or any part of the unit, was not touched untilk I was at Dan's house working on his brakes. AT THAT TIME, something was already wrong. The noise was really bad. There were many posts about finding this 'sweet spot' on the cog belt (about 1" of play underneath), so Dan and I tried that and it made a different sound..but at least it was less noisy. You know I'm not a mechanical wonder so it's not like I tinkered with it throughout. So...I don't think touching the cog had anything to do with it as it was making a worse noise before ever touching it.

The guys at Next Level even said that you really don't want the cog as tight as you can get it anyways (which is how CP Race installed it). Not saying that contribiuted to the bearings going bad, but, loosening the cog certainly didn't cause this. Thats one thing I'm sure about. All your other comments are right on.

And I hope it rattles like the day it was installed b/c i didn't hear or nor was I bothered by anything at or immediatly subsequent to the install. Even look at that post about the idle. I posted that mine doesnt rattle..just whine. Murphy's law kicked in and...bam....rattle developed. Went from not hearing anything, to a rattle and then to a horrible rattle.

I just want things fixed and will send the blower back to Vortech. At this point, I don't care anymore. Just get me boosting again please!!

Old 11-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Dude......I have to visit MY350Z more often....as you posted all the good info and videos over there!!

Ok.....now I'm with you.....that does not sound right!

Mine rattles....but nothing like that.

Sorry......

Old 11-23-2005, 11:36 AM
damn... i was this () close to finally buying one in two months when i get home. doubt is settling in... again.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:04 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by jasperg35
damn... i was this () close to finally buying one in two months when i get home. doubt is settling in... again.
don't doubt...get it...I've said it before and I'll say it again...17,000 miles and STRONG with my Vortech.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:36 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Even with the problems...Vortech is the way I would still go if I did it all over again. Its a good system with great power. Mine just rattles more than most.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:14 AM
...doubt susbiding... that's what i was thinking when i was trying to establish contact with cpracing... now if only sharif would return my last email!!!!