Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Customer Service Story...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even if they did do it to get some sales, the consumers are still getting something in return. I see it as a win win situation and that was awesome that TN pulled through.

So Reggie, when is my kit going to arrive? Paul @ Avalon said you have shipment to him this week?!?! =(

Old 12-31-2005, 02:24 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blk180sx
Now that you have given your $0.02 let me add mine. The fact of the matter is that we have had this warranty for the last 2 years. So no we are not just trying to generate sales. We are just offering quality kits and a service that no other company match. So stop hating buy a kit and become a believer like many have already

Reggie Wynn
Turbonetics Inc.

Reggie, this is Steve from No Limit, I understand what your saying but if the car was crashed, why is it your responsiblity to warranty the parts??? the parts had nothing to do with the fact they were damaged. I jsut dont get it dude, you've been great with me and my customer though. have a great new years man!

Old 12-31-2005, 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by blk180sx
Now that you have given your $0.02 let me add mine. The fact of the matter is that we have had this warranty for the last 2 years. So no we are not just trying to generate sales. We are just offering quality kits and a service that no other company match. So stop hating buy a kit and become a believer like many have already

Reggie Wynn
Turbonetics Inc.
Strong words from a strong man. Just replace my stuff if they break, that's all I ask for. Great customer service. =)

Old 12-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Consider it a "Good Will"

Many dealers may cover certains part not warrantied under Good Will etc.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:54 PM
I think the question of why has been answered. Turbonetics is and always does try to go above and beyond when the opportunity arises. I tell you what, I'm already a Turbonetics customer for life but if I wasn't that situation would make me one.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:40 AM
I had a good Turbonetics customer service story myself. Unfortunately it was centered around a faulty turbo. There was an internal casting flaw in a T04e I purchased that connected the oil and water passages. I'm talking a MAJOR flaw where I was basically pouring coolant in to the oil and the oil was white within 10 seconds of running the car. It was a major headache to track down (thought it was a leaking headgasket at first since I put that in at the same time). Anyhow, I showed up at Turbonetics with turbo in hand (they were about 45 minutes from me at the time) and told them it had a flaw. They checked it out, and for my trouble they upgraded it to a ball bearing model. I was pleased! I'll almost certainly be going with their kit for the G35 as soon as it is released for the '05/'06. I just hope it comes with a decent management solution.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by MechEE
I had a good Turbonetics customer service story myself. Unfortunately it was centered around a faulty turbo. There was an internal casting flaw in a T04e I purchased that connected the oil and water passages. I'm talking a MAJOR flaw where I was basically pouring coolant in to the oil and the oil was white within 10 seconds of running the car. It was a major headache to track down (thought it was a leaking headgasket at first since I put that in at the same time). Anyhow, I showed up at Turbonetics with turbo in hand (they were about 45 minutes from me at the time) and told them it had a flaw. They checked it out, and for my trouble they upgraded it to a ball bearing model. I was pleased! I'll almost certainly be going with their kit for the G35 as soon as it is released for the '05/'06. I just hope it comes with a decent management solution.
Most likely wont be a reflash if that what you mean

Old 02-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Most likely wont be a reflash if that what you mean
That's pretty much exactly what I mean, unless they can do the reflash right. The issue with their setup from what I understand is that the stock MAF is maxing out, after which point the system can no longer reliablity meter in additional fuel for increasing airflows. Assuming they know at least something about the maps inside the Nissan ECU, the common solution to this is increasing the diameter of the MAF sensor housing (remove the sensor and mount it in a custom large diameter housing). Now all of the engine loads are shifted down so you have a higher maximum that the system can understand. But since all the loads are shifted, all of the maps that are a function of load need to be shifted as well. Sometimes this can be accomplished with special load transformation maps in certain ECUs (like what was in my last car, I ran an enlarged MAF there). But either way they need to know what they're doing and test the crap out of it.

Basically there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to release a reflash based system as long as they can modify the system to handle a wider range of engine loads (in case you up the boost, or increase your volumetric efficiency with big exhausts, etc).

Even a piggy back is going to be at the mercy of the stock MAF maxing out.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I have been a dealer for Turbonetics for quite a few years now. They have always stood buy their products with a great warranty & the service to back it up. They have surprised me quite a few times by accepting warranty claims I otherwise thought were a lost cause.

Also, they build quality products. It's not as if they are throwning a pile of crap in a box and using a great warranty to sell it. I think their total rate of return is under 2% of what is sold. Definitely on the better end of the industry average.

jesse@turbo-kits.com
http://www.turbo-kits.com
860-676-2929

Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
ummm i'm sorry but i think this is just crazy, why would they replace parts if the car was crashed??? The kit had nothing to do with the car being crashed unless the user couldnt handle the power. I cant see them doing this again

Old 02-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by MechEE
That's pretty much exactly what I mean, unless they can do the reflash right. The issue with their setup from what I understand is that the stock MAF is maxing out, after which point the system can no longer reliablity meter in additional fuel for increasing airflows. Assuming they know at least something about the maps inside the Nissan ECU, the common solution to this is increasing the diameter of the MAF sensor housing (remove the sensor and mount it in a custom large diameter housing). Now all of the engine loads are shifted down so you have a higher maximum that the system can understand. But since all the loads are shifted, all of the maps that are a function of load need to be shifted as well. Sometimes this can be accomplished with special load transformation maps in certain ECUs (like what was in my last car, I ran an enlarged MAF there). But either way they need to know what they're doing and test the crap out of it.

Basically there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to release a reflash based system as long as they can modify the system to handle a wider range of engine loads (in case you up the boost, or increase your volumetric efficiency with big exhausts, etc).

Even a piggy back is going to be at the mercy of the stock MAF maxing out.

Turbonetics has already looked at all this. The Revup is not going to use a reflash but the reason is not for them not knowing how to do this but rather that the Revup ECU code has not been cracked. The variable timing on the exhaust cam side is also going to throw a wrench into tuning via the ECU.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by turbokitscom
I have been a dealer for Turbonetics for quite a few years now. They have always stood buy their products with a great warranty & the service to back it up. They have surprised me quite a few times by accepting warranty claims I otherwise thought were a lost cause.

Also, they build quality products. It's not as if they are throwning a pile of crap in a box and using a great warranty to sell it. I think their total rate of return is under 2% of what is sold. Definitely on the better end of the industry average.

jesse@turbo-kits.com
http://www.turbo-kits.com
860-676-2929
+100

Old 02-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
this was a great thread on customer service,kinda wish i had gone that route with tn but thet were not out when i got the stillen.it was mid 03 when i got it.