Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

yes, my turbonetics story now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, my turbonetics story now

first of all, i'd like to apologze first hand about the grammar involved. me dumb. hehe. okay:

when i got the car, it was sorta running rough. shop told me that the ecu is learning so it might take a week before everything smoothes out. i was like...ok. oh, i have a g35c w/ TN st kit...the non cat version....dunno why. i didn't ask for a non catalytic version..oh well. noticed i was getting 21 AFR's at idle. I also noticed the service engine soon light on..but thought since i have the non cat version, its suppose to ccome on? when i took the car out and boosted it, i went up to about 8.5 lbs w/ like AFR's around 14ish. it boosted okay...and then on my way back the other direction, i guess my car hit limp mode. not sure what lbs i hit or the afr's...there was trafffic so i had to concentrate on driving. car surges slightly and i can't rev past 2K. it bogs out of gear sometimes also. it died out a couple of times. when slowing down and clutchin it in at about 2K. damn...had the car for less than a day. well, its going back to shop for sure. sounds like a possible exhaust leak also. question...i searched the forums and from what i found, to get out of limp mode, you just turn off the car...wait a few seconds and then restart it? and the car should run fine until you max out the maf again? 'cause after i restart it...it runs okay... i drive it carefully...not going past 2K...and then about 15 min or so...back into limp mode. does the SES have something to do w/ it. haven't pulled the codes from it yet...dunno how actuallly. but yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated. i have two jobs and this is my one and only daily driver. i might have to invest in a moped to get me around now just in case this ever happens again...which i'm sure it will. hawww.. ****.

oh yeah, plus i was missing a 3" coupling, 2.5" coupling, and a couple of t bolt clamps from the kit...which i had to purchase from the shop that was installing it....another 60 sumpin' bucks. gotta contact TN about that.

SDL

Old 01-25-2006, 12:28 PM
ohyeah, i removed the resonator but my exhaust and piping is still stock.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:35 PM
You should PM " miaplaya ", he should be able to help. Did the shop have any experience in FI install for G35?

Old 01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
You should PM " miaplaya ", he should be able to help. Did the shop have any experience in FI install for G35?

yeah, they did the 600 HP G35. vakamon motorsports out here in HI. dunno if its the same mechanics though?

Old 01-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
there was a guy named alberto on my 350z.com had the same exact problem,his turned out that his throttle body failed hope this helps.he also had the tn st kit on his 350z.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
there was a guy named alberto on my 350z.com had the same exact problem,his turned out that his throttle body failed hope this helps.he also had the tn st kit on his 350z.
haha...i'm on there right now. very useful site...especially w/ all these turbonetics issues going on.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Hitting AFRs in the 14s while boosting eh? I'd be worried about a lot more than an exhaust leak... unless by exhaust leak, you mean exhaust leaking by the busted rings.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:08 PM
-1 for Vakamon, they'd be better off without Farid. Shouldve taken it to Sonics where they've done work on a TTG35 and use my name as a referral. It could be a number of things, leak in the intake manifold or a faulty MAF, could even be a crappy throttle body not reading the right TPS voltage. If there's a leak in the exhaust system before any of the primary O2 sensors, it will cause a lean condition.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah, i havent heard to great of stuff about TN, what colors your car, im there all the time... i prob saw it, also.... just my 2 cents, but i think the VQ engine is cursed, ive heard of more problems with that engine especually when boosted than any other engine i can think of.... i know the black z that was just was in vakamon has gone through 2 turbos and 2 motors now....... but thats what you get for boosting a stock VQ block... i doesnt matter what turbo kit you have in it.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by james731
yeah, i havent heard to great of stuff about TN, what colors your car, im there all the time... i prob saw it, also.... just my 2 cents, but i think the VQ engine is cursed, ive heard of more problems with that engine especually when boosted than any other engine i can think of.... i know the black z that was just was in vakamon has gone through 2 turbos and 2 motors now....... but thats what you get for boosting a stock VQ block... i dont care what turbo kit you have in it.
i think it was the only G there at the time. its Desert platinum. yeah, i talked to the guy with the black z. (not the gutted one). doesn't he have a complete replica of Farid's motor...or same specs. the "feeling of regret" bug is creepin' on me now. why wasn't i satisfied w/ the stock 280hp (230-240whp)?

Old 01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
And then there's guys that arent having problems at all with the VQ with stock internals, even under pressure.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by 636Racer
-1 for Vakamon, they'd be better off without Farid. Shouldve taken it to Sonics where they've done work on a TTG35 and use my name as a referral. It could be a number of things, leak in the intake manifold or a faulty MAF, could even be a crappy throttle body not reading the right TPS voltage. If there's a leak in the exhaust system before any of the primary O2 sensors, it will cause a lean condition.
yeah, now it won't hold idle anymore. damn this sucks. its back at vakamon right now. i didn't know sonics worked on a ttg35. who's one? i know mike over at sonics. jus figured since farid has a g35 that put down some serious horses....they'd know a thing or two about boosting a G.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:13 PM
The car belongs to Mike Ward, he doesnt frequent the forums.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Like I posted on the other forum you most likely have an install related vacuum leak somewhere. And as for the Tn kit there are 50+ forum members with that kit installed with MAYBE 10 that have had issues...some install related, some a result of things they did to their car after.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:12 PM
You guys should look up Meatshackle or Redlinezzz both in Hi with Turbonetics kits and loving them..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: yes, my turbonetics story now