Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Finally got my car. 4th (or 6th) time is a charm!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
(I think) identified and corrected a flaw in the system, the stupid fine mesh taht sits in front of the MAF sensor on 03 Type I Sedans (first 315000 cars). Since it's removal, the top end is noticeably, i mean REALLY noticeably, more powerful.

Very glad to hear the promising report!! Long overdue to be sure.

You really should take that car on tour across the US so the rest of us could see it!

To what do you attribute the increased smoothness? Did you have it balanced, blueprinted and polished? If so, what balance tolerances were used?

Now, about that screen, I thought it was to keep the mice from building a nest in the intake manifold. But since it isn't - how did you remove it? Did you ruin it taking it out or could it be replaced if you felt it made no improvement or made matters worse?

Old 09-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Gurgen,

So, you had problems w/ AES's sleeve work? I was considering sleeving, but have decided not to since I am shooting for around 500. Is Darton better?

Also, what is your opinion of SPG's long block builds (I am going w/ head work)?

Old 09-05-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by iLLG35
GURGENNN my brotha, man oh man i was out of the loop building my M3 and didnt see any of this except the first few times. Hope all is well out there on your turf, havent seen you on AIM in a while, hope the car is running well also! Take care.

Martin
Martin, you really brought htis back from the dead didn't you? Hope oyu are doing well. PM me your AIM sn, don't knwo what hapened, i am all all the time.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by exagorazo
Very glad to hear the promising report!! Long overdue to be sure.

You really should take that car on tour across the US so the rest of us could see it!

To what do you attribute the increased smoothness? Did you have it balanced, blueprinted and polished? If so, what balance tolerances were used?

Now, about that screen, I thought it was to keep the mice from building a nest in the intake manifold. But since it isn't - how did you remove it? Did you ruin it taking it out or could it be replaced if you felt it made no improvement or made matters worse?
Not sure if oyu have to ruin it. I got one from a friend that was already kinda ruined, so i didn't have to experiment with mine. The smoothness came from very good balancing of the crank, etc. Takeing the mess off on an NA car is pointless, since it's not a bopttleneck, and I am not 100% sure whether it helped, i think it did. If I had unlimited access to a dyno, i'd have answeres to all these questions.

I am working on an AWESOME mod now...stay tuned on this... I will be posting this..not sure in which forum, but check both FI and NA forums. Give me by the end of the week. Once this is done I intend to mae a video of the car with some friend who can REALLY use a camera/camcorder.