Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech Sucks, Part 20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g8tor20
He has agreed to send me a refurbished bracket and blower to me and i return my current ones. Fair enough. I'll pay for the labor and they replace the parts...

Fair agreement, sorry you guys had to get to choking each other before a solution was found but at least they seem to have made a good one on your behalf in the end. Now you guys shake hands.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm glad you're gonna get your G taken care of.

But in terms of customer service...

How is a refurbished blower a fair exchange for a unit that fails during the warranty period?

Vortech could've done better - I would anticipate that with your sig on so many posts, they cost themselves way more than the cost of the blower by playing hard ball with you... (I would've expected new parts and an offer for the multiple labor costs - they screwed up diagnosing it). Anyway, thanks for posting - helps the rest of us steer clear!

Old 02-21-2006, 06:40 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Dude...i am just happy to get a different blower than what i got. They tried to fix mine and it didnt work out. A refurbished unit can only be better form what I already got.

I thought it was fair...I'll pay for the labor and you get me different parts (something they were dead against)...even if it isnt brand new.

Old 02-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah...playing hardball wasn't the best option. There are always people asking about Vortechs and now my thread will come up in every search. I just wish it hadnt come to this. I had been pleading, despite what Jaime thinks, for months to get this resolved. When they asked me to re-send the unit back...I drew the line.

Whats good in all of this is that Z Sports Magazine stepped up and told us something we all kinda wondered about. Maybe this will be brought to their attention and make Vortech pay closer attention to the import market they decided to enter into.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
I'm glad you're gonna get your G taken care of.

But in terms of customer service...

How is a refurbished blower a fair exchange for a unit that fails during the warranty period?

Vortech could've done better - I would anticipate that with your sig on so many posts, they cost themselves way more than the cost of the blower by playing hard ball with you... (I would've expected new parts and an offer for the multiple labor costs - they screwed up diagnosing it). Anyway, thanks for posting - helps the rest of us steer clear!
I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to stir the pot. Vortech should be replaceing with a new unit. I'm glad to see that you will at least be up and running but that customer service still gets a failing grade in my book. It still surprises me that these smaller companies still don't get it, take care of your customers if you want to grow.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead
Dude, why didn't you just ask for a new blower from day one...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHHHAAAHHHHHHHAAAAA!
hahahah. Very funny. Look who still checks out the FI section...good ol Doc.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glad everything worked out in the end, now you can enjoy it again

Old 02-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm glad you are getting some kind of resolution!!

I was just bustin your chops.....I told you when you first posted that video that it did NOT sound right!!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Brando
I'm glad you are getting some kind of resolution!!

I was just bustin your chops.....I told you when you first posted that video that it did NOT sound right!!!!
Ohhh...I was kinda mistified by your response. Thanks for busting my chops...i needed more of that you know.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't/won't comment on the quality of Vortech's customer service, but having the blower replaced by a refurbished unit shouldn't be a surprise. Many many consumer products, under warranty, are replaced by refurbished rather than new units.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by g8tor20
We won't be continuing our advertising with Sport Z for one reason/one word. MUSTANG. They stated tersely that they are going to concentrate their efforts on Mustang's and that's it. .
As you stated, this is a paraphrase, but I completely understand where Vortech is coming from.

The mustang market is the foundation that Vortech grew from. Without a doubt, the Mustang aftermarket is the largest and strongest individual vehicle aftermarket. NOTHING else compares to it. Do not kid yourself; compaines like Vortech and others need to cater to the Mustang market and enthusiast. They have bills to pay, employees, R&D, and of course, they need to make profits. This is big business.

I think it's great that many "domestic" companies have branched out into the import market. There is a huge market in the import scene, but it is a very diversified market. What also makes the imprt market difficult for aftermarket companies is that the japanese car makers tend to make significant vehicle changes at least every 4 years. For the G35, we had an engine change (reveup motors) after only 2 model years. That sux for companies like vortech. It means that they have to redesign their kit to work on these new motors. That cuts into profits heavily.

If I were vortech or anyone else, I wouldn't be too keen on constantly trying to reengineer their products to keep up with the fickle japanese market!!!