Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech Sucks, Part 20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 04:36 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vortech Sucks, Part 20

I posted this on My350z and I figured that I may as well post it here. If you rpelied over there...dont worry bout replying here....I think all prospective purchasers shoudl read this....

Ok. I'm pretty pissed off at the moment and this is why.

Most of you know my Vortech began making an awful sound. I have repeatedly posted it and had to be fixed. I sent videos and audio to vortech who insisted that it was normal, though I know what normal is as the blower worked fine for a few months before developing this rattle.

They told me to send the blower in for inspection. I took it to 2 different shops and they diagnosed the problem as the blower, so I figured...what the hell. I spent $400 bucks taking it off, shipping it and putting it back on when it came. Nothing was fixed. Vortech said everything looked fine. Fustration mounting....

Well...I was fiddling around with the blower when the cog belt was off and found that the back gearing seemed to wiggle and made a rattle sound. I figured...this could be it....so I send the video and all back to Vortech.

The new tech listens to the rattle nad says that somethng is wrong and for me to send the blower back in. He had no idea that I had just sent it in a few weeks prior when everything "was fine".

After I asked why this wasn't found on the first go-round.....they replied that "the backlash sounds normal but we'll be happy to reinspect it if you send it in again"

WTF WTF WTF WTF

Now its back to being normal and I can, at my own expense again, send it in for inspection. I have pleaded with them to send a new blower, or a refurbished one just to stop this downtime and added costs on this pos blower i have.

I understand that its hard for them to diagnose problems 3000 miles away...but...I have given them video after video and they say its normal. Then they say something is wrong...then its back to normal again. I know its not normal b/c I keep posting this stuff on my350z and Driver and it certainly seems to NOT be the norm. I sent the damn thing back and i get no help. Money well spent. (side note: I was even assured that they would put the carb sticker on there but they failed to do that while they had it too)

What can I do? Buck up and resend it out there again for the chance of fixing it? I have no other choice I guess. I may attempt to take the blower off myself and save the labor charges. I'm not one who likes to mess with mechanical stuff...but....I can't keep paying $400 for Vortech to say nothing is wrong. This f'in blows.

If I have to troll every damn forum out there and let everyone know of the "normal" sounds of the vortech (and give them a link to my video) and make them lose sales...I will. They have given me the run around too many damn timnes. I've been more than patient till now.

From here on out...I will make my opinion of Vortech known to any prospective purchaser.......

Old 02-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Damn... that sucks. I didn't know it was that bad.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:06 PM
or whatever
Poor Jason...

Old 02-20-2006, 09:11 PM
the noise problem was one of the major reason to why i choose stillen,,.... vortech has more power sure..... but reliabilty is key.......

Old 02-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a link to the video(s)?

Old 02-20-2006, 09:25 PM
I dont know the whole history, but what is their warrantee? I would say at this point you have to start playing hardball and tell them that either a NEW (from a sealed box) blower gets sent ASAP or a court claim will be filed. What you describe is idiotic and shows they are incompetent in diagnosing the problem. Document everything, it sounds like you're going to need it.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Jeez,

I too would recommend fighting this - no more doing anything at your expense.

Try putting all of your documentation together and send it off to the better business bureau with a copy to Vortech.

I know you got this less than 1 year ago - did you buy it on AMEX? If so, tell AMEX the product is defective and the manufacturer is giving you a hard time about it. They double the warranty and will go to court for you while the money goes back into your account. You can just go buy another blower.

Good luck to you - 2 best bets I think are BBB and credit card company.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Obviously this is your first time supercharging.

"I'm not one who likes to mess with mechanical stuff...but....I can't keep paying $400 for Vortech to say nothing is wrong. This f'in blows."

Old 02-21-2006, 08:07 AM
THE BATMOBILE
damn sorry to hear..........i would have thought they would have better customer service

Old 02-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Can we title this thread "My (your) Vortech Sucks".........?

cause mine is fine and sounds like I expect a centrifugal, gear driven SC to sound...

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Mod Junky!
Hmm...for me now its more the CS issue...

Old 02-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Originally Posted by Q45tech
Obviously this is your first time supercharging.
Not trying to be an a**, but what the hell does that have to do with the (seemingly) lack of customer service and inadequacies of their techs???

Originally Posted by e420x
+1. I have wanted to use Vortec for almost as long as I have had my car, and recently starting looking into it more seriously (as in two month timeframe). Customer service is almost, if not as important as the product itself. Even if the product "almost never breaks", if a company is not behind it 100% and willing to correct something immediately I wont do business with them. This will be very interesting to watch, at least for me. Please keep us posted.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys. This was posted on my350z by the publisher of Sports Z Magazine and is something everyone who wants a Vortech should consider...

"I was thinking about this for the last couple of hours and wished there was really something I could do.

BUT THERE'S THIS:

After the SEMA show in 2004, SEMA invited Vortech, and many others, to meet with the media. It may have been open to others as well, I wasn't there. The meetings were some months after the show itself. Art Singer, SZM associate publisher represented our magazine. The event was two days long and all participants allowed each of us one hour.

Art was amazingly impressed with the process and signed two new advertisers. One company said to Art as he entered their room, let's get right to it and get this going NOW. He meant the next issue and we had to do some quick redesign.

Vortech was an advertiser at the time and Art entered their room with great expectations. His exuberance ended immediately when he heard this: (I may be paraphrasing a bit here, but this was their point). We won't be continuing our advertising with Sport Z for one reason/one word. MUSTANG. They stated tersely that they are going to concentrate their efforts on Mustang's and that's it. "350Z's have little interest to us at this time." They were rude and dismissive and Art was insulted (Jamie, I think) and promptly exited the room.

It's very hard to get under Art's skin, but this really pissed him off. He was going to write the company president and ask him if this is the way they normally treat people. He decided not to waste his valuable time on people like them.

TREAT PEOPLE. Now you know what we know.

BTW, this is the first time I've talked of this. Kinda cathartic!

Vortech's president may be hearing of this for the first time and if he wants to debate the issue, he has my phone number. Mr President, this kind of BS within Vortech should be a big issue to you. From what I've experienced in my dealings with Z lovers; they have a long memory and they're not afraid to talk it up. Govern yourself accordingly. Do the right thing, sir.

Bob"

Old 02-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by e420x
Exactly. I know every product has the potential to go bad or whatnot...but stand behind your product and help your customers out.

Old 02-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Brando
Can we title this thread "My (your) Vortech Sucks".........?

cause mine is fine and sounds like I expect a centrifugal, gear driven SC to sound...

Sorry to hear of your troubles.
No...in my opinion....Vortech sucks. So thats how I will entitle this thread. I know there are many out there who enjoy their vortech...hell...I did too for a while. But this company has shown no interest in helping Z/G owners out. There are many that have had complaints to them and nothing ever gets resolved.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vortech Sucks, Part 20