Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

HKS Supercharger?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HKS Supercharger?!

I've been searching different forums but I can't find anything on the HKS supercharger and YES I used the search button.

I'm trying to keep all my options open and knowing all the facts but very few people talk about the HKS Supercharger. Anyone owns the HKS supercharger? How does it perform? How's the maintainence? How's the sound at idle/WOT? Any images, slips, information, sound/video clips would be very much appreciated!!!

Old 03-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey happy birhtday lol this thread is funny.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:35 AM
As you will find not many people have or care too much for the HKS set up. One being its price there are comparable kits out there that are much less and make as much or more power. I have only had my kit on for about 6 weeks, but so far PERFECT. The big reason I decided on HKS was the quality and the fact that it had a self contained oiling system so the only maint. is to change the traction oil (SC oil) every 60K miles and sevice the air filter. The power delivery is IMHO awesome it hits around 3-3200 rpm and pulls thru redline. Doesn't just show a peak HP # at almost redline as do some of the other kits out there. It is a very quiet kit and mostly you just hear the intake with a slight whine at WOT.
My kit was tuned by AAM in Maryland to get a few extra HP & TQ than the out of the box set up but remains at a very safe 11.5 AF. I love the kit but I am bias about them. IMHO it is one of the best kits as far as quality, useable power and the overall completeness of the kit on the market.
Now the down side like I said they are $$$, some custom fab work has to be done to fit the G as the kit is designed for the 350, and the worst part (for you) is I bought the last kit in the country. From what I have heard there probably won't be any more available for quite a while. Haven't been to the track yet, no video but for pics go to AAM's link below.
Keep in mind as far as SC go there are quite a few really good ones on the market, I considered Stillen and Vortech, but the real key to any FI set up is the proper tuning and the best engine mgt. system money can buy.
Good luck, hope this helps!
Heres the link to my car:
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/customers/c-scott-g35/

Last edited by ScottR; 03-04-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:00 PM
LEK
That Guy

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey can you pm me how much it cost for installation...and how long it took the install? Also do you know what fabrications needed to be done? I am thinking of having a friend install this kit...but not too sure about any fabrications. Thanks.

Originally Posted by ScottR
As you will find not many people have or care too much for the HKS set up. One being its price there are comparable kits out there that are much less and make as much or more power. I have only had my kit on for about 6 weeks, but so far PERFECT. The big reason I decided on HKS was the quality and the fact that it had a self contained oiling system so the only maint. is to change the traction oil (SC oil) every 60K miles and sevice the air filter. The power delivery is IMHO awesome it hits around 3-3200 rpm and pulls thru redline. Doesn't just show a peak HP # at almost redline as do some of the other kits out there. It is a very quiet kit and mostly you just hear the intake with a slight whine at WOT.
My kit was tuned by AAM in Maryland to get a few extra HP & TQ than the out of the box set up but remains at a very safe 11.5 AF. I love the kit but I am bias about them. IMHO it is one of the best kits as far as quality, useable power and the overall completeness of the kit on the market.
Now the down side like I said they are $$$, some custom fab work has to be done to fit the G as the kit is designed for the 350, and the worst part (for you) is I bought the last kit in the country. From what I have heard there probably won't be any more available for quite a while. Haven't been to the track yet, no video but for pics go to AAM's link below.
Keep in mind as far as SC go there are quite a few really good ones on the market, I considered Stillen and Vortech, but the real key to any FI set up is the proper tuning and the best engine mgt. system money can buy.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm considering going FI as well and spent about an hour at CP Racing here in Charlotte. The was this setup was described to me was that you only got boost at WOT. The setup was similiar to that of a clutch on an air condition compressor. Is this true?

Old 05-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Sorry guys I was out of town (zdayz) and am just now catching up at work.
Lek-to answer a couple of your questions, I might be wrong but the HKS kit is not available right now. I have heard a lot of rumors but I supposedly got the last one in the states for a while, but you can check into it to be sure.
My advice would be to let someone that knows the set-up and knows how to fabricate because there was quite a bit on the G. I wouldn't trust it to anyone but an HKS "Pro Dealer" like AAM. They were able to actually tune the car not just use the "out of the box" set-up good for about 20-30 WHP. But the biggest thing is regardless of what FI you go with GET IT TUNED by someone that knows what they are doing, or the outcome from what I have seen could be catastrophic failure!

036MT- Just installed a boost gauge and that sounds pretty close from what I see, just knocking around it isn't in the boost at all but just blip the throttle and it pops right up there. Again I would rec. calling Mike at Altered Atmosphere. He probably knows as much about the way it works as HKS.
I have now around 4800 miles on the kit after the tune and it has been flawless! If I had to do it over again I would without hesitation. Hope this helps.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:46 AM
g35 2006
Originally Posted by ScottR
Hey do you think you can send pictures or your engine was not able to see it on the link thanks

Old 09-23-2019, 09:00 AM
Received 393 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by shawn_ko
Hey do you think you can send pictures or your engine was not able to see it on the link thanks
Its a post from 2006 dude.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
G35 Sedan: bought 100% standard, now heavily modified
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Its a post from 2006 dude.

@shawn_ko here's a photo of a HKS kit installed. Don't know what you're looking for but if you're looking to buy one try and get to a car show and take a good look in person. Not many photos show all of the components.