Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Questoins for FI for 03.5 6mt sedan.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:49 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Questions for FI for 03.5 6mt sedan.

I have finally decided to go FI. But I am needing my fellow G sedan drivers to give me their opinions as to which FI to go with. I am not biased towards turbo or supercharged options but if it is a turbo application, I would prefer the twin turbo over the single turbo, unless of course you can give me the reasons why a single turbo would be more beneficial.

My needs for the FI are the following:

1. For it to be a easy install. I will be doing the install.
2. Warranty
3. Comes with a ECU program of some sort
4. Great HP and TQ numbers
5. Be used in the midwest winters and summers
6. Something that is basically plug and play
7. To be used as a daily driver and occasional trip to the 1/4

Please include your year and make of vehicle. The type of FI kit that you used. Any other purchases needed to make it work. Price for kit. Contact's at the FI company that you used.

Anything else that I am forgetting, please add.

Thanks.

Last edited by Skyline_G35; 03-20-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Team Transport Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey dude I dont have a sedan but let me tell you know there is no such thing as plug and play FI system. The systems require some tuning once installed. If you're going to do the install I would say go with a supercharger. Not sure how much experience you have with cars but turbo's are a nightmare to install.

I just did a ATI Procharger install myself took me 3 days and it wasn't so easy we are pretty limited on the space to work with. Turbo's you will have to drop the motor out of the car. If you go turbo go twin you will like the outcome much better.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
I have finally decided to go FI. But I am needing my fellow G sedan drivers to give me their opinions as to which FI to go with. I am not biased towards turbo or supercharged options but if it is a turbo application, I would prefer the twin turbo over the single turbo, unless of course you can give me the reasons why a single turbo would be more beneficial.

My needs for the FI are the following:

1. For it to be a easy install. I will be doing the install.
2. Warranty
3. Comes with a ECU program of some sort
4. Great HP and TQ numbers
5. Be used in the midwest winters and summers
6. Something that is basically plug and play
7. To be used as a daily driver and occasional trip to the 1/4

Please include your year and make of vehicle. The type of FI kit that you used. Any other purchases needed to make it work. Price for kit. Contact's at the FI company that you used.

Anything else that I am forgetting, please add.

Thanks.
Skyline...

Zaza pretty much nailed it...but let me say the following.

There is NO WAY whatsoever that all of your requirements can be satisfied.... Start with this... WArranty... only one is Stillen, which is VERY incompatible with your 4th requirement, regardless what anyone else says. If you MUST have warranty, lets stop here and go for Stillen.

OTherwise, if you get a more realistic view of thigns, you should go further. Here is what I would say to that. Your 1st requirement is compatible ONLY with the Vortech, and ATI, and MAYBE TN and APS ST kits, and by NO means with any TT kit.

Now, if you willing to sacrifice that requirement, NOW we are talking... What you did not mention is cost. If it's no object, then by all means go TT, and in this category it's all about APS TT, followed by JWT, PE, Greddy. If it's ST, then it's APS, followed maybe by JWT.

Let me say that NONE of the solutions in my opinion are PnP, and will require further tuning...

HTH

- Gurgen

Old 03-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
sorry but the stillen is truly plug and play,very reliable good power when you need it,no tuning because its a sealed non screw with fmu.btw i have over 17,000 miles and luckily not a single problem(well except that the power st belt needs to be occasionally adjusted).its by far not the most powerful,but it does not make that awful racket at idle(ati,vortech) turbos can make much more power with a proper tune but,and i know personaly of one person who was getting sick and tired of his a/f and detonating,not being able to drive his z hard until finnaly,and i beleive his 3rd tune to get it right,he hopes so.and if you need it yes for $260.00 you can get the 3yr 36,000 mile warranty,but its not thru stillen and i would think if anything would happen they will find a way to get out of it.good luck.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:07 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anymore suggestions?