Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Billionaire's drive FXs

http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/to..._alwaleed.html

Rank on Forbes.com 2005 World’s Billionaires List: 5
Net Worth: $23.7 billion
Vehicles Owned: Infiniti FX45; Hummer H1; Volvo XC90; Rolls-Royce Phantom (pictured above); Daewoo Matiz
Source: French news magazine program, “Zone Interdite” on broadcasting network M6

View billionaire vehicles slideshow >
As the nephew of Saudi King Abdullah, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud is no stranger to the finer things in life. His free-spending attitude is easily seen in his garage, where he always buys a duplicate of every one of his vehicles. Two Infiniti FX45s, two Hummer H1s and two Volvo XC90s all take up residency inside the Prince’s lavish garage. The reason for such excess? The Prince buys one vehicle for himself and an exact duplicate for his body guards. A glimpse inside the Prince’s garage also reveals a vehicular absurdity: parked next to two Daewoo Matiz’ are two Rolls-Royce Phantoms. The reason for such an odd placement? The Prince holds a significant stake in Daewoo, the Korean car company now controlled by GM.

Old 12-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
If I had that kind of money I would have a TT FX with at least 800whp along with my other 30 cars.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously...I'm Korean here but Billionaire driving Daewoo Matiz?? What's up with that? He doesn't know how to spend money L0L
If I had that kind of money, I will get VRT G35, VRT 350Z, and VRT FX35 and yes 30 other cars.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 AM
^^no u wouldnt when u have that kind of money a nissan is a piece of **** compared to what you could buy. funny comment though i could tell you put thought into what you wrote its okay kid..

i also find it hard to believe that they all drive crappy cars but are worth 30 billion dollars. if they do own those cars its cuz they have a driver and usually take a helicopter or a limo everywhere else

Old 12-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Ah...helicpoter...never even thought about that....damn rich people...
but still...I'd rather hear Brooom~~~~~ Pshhhhh!~~ and drive myself around. haha

Old 12-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Ok why would you buy a flipping Daewoo if you're a billionaire?

Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Maybe he uses the daewoo as a golf cart to drive around his estate. At least I hope so but then again when you are that rich it is not always good to draw a lot of attention to yourself. Honestly would you pay someone to go to the store for you and grocery shop or go buy you clothes and shoes. I wouldn't that is how the rich stay rich they don't waste money.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Damn those billionaires with their BILLIONS and who ****ing have Lincoln town cars. Who are they trying to impress? What the hell are they trying to prove? If you've got all those billions don't pretend you're like the rest of us, who would like to be at least millionaires, and get yourselves a 1000hp $500,000 vehicle!! Prince Alwaleed and Lawrence Ellison have done it right. Damn that Ingvar Kamprad guy--is he serious?

Old 12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by bambam26
Maybe he uses the daewoo as a golf cart to drive around his estate. At least I hope so but then again when you are that rich it is not always good to draw a lot of attention to yourself. Honestly would you pay someone to go to the store for you and grocery shop or go buy you clothes and shoes. I wouldn't that is how the rich stay rich they don't waste money.
Yeah the rich stay rich by not wasting, but when you're knee deep (or way above that) in billions...why would you care about wasting? It's going to take them many years to use up half the money.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by o0MrJujuBee0o
Yeah the rich stay rich by not wasting, but when you're knee deep (or way above that) in billions...why would you care about wasting? It's going to take them many years to use up half the money.

Yeah I understand that but, I guess it is cause I started at the bottom and working my way not saying you aren't I am just practical I waste money of course cause I mod my car but that is the only wasting I do. I figure that it was his golf cart since it was so small. Also who knows how much of that money is liquid and how much is tied up they take the net worth on those things. Hell he could have invested in a enron type company and have to sell his **** tomorrow to pay his bills.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM
It says he has a Daewoo because he owns a large part of the company.
Probably sells alot of the cars, seeing a billionaire driving one.... let alone the ****ing Matiz.
That car is worthless.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:33 AM
one of my friends in houston whose dad is a multi-millionaire uses his FX35 as a daily driver. But he also has a Bentley Continental Flying Spur

Old 12-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by creaminz
Seriously...I'm Korean here but Billionaire driving Daewoo Matiz?? What's up with that? He doesn't know how to spend money L0L
If I had that kind of money, I will get VRT G35, VRT 350Z, and VRT FX35 and yes 30 other cars.
He may not know how to "spend" money.. but I'm pretty sure he knows how to save it.. in some way shape or form.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by creaminz
Perhaps you didn't carefully read the story. He owns part of Daewoo so it would make perfect sense he owns and drives one.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RRF985
Ok why would you buy a flipping Daewoo if you're a billionaire?
See above.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Billionaire's drive FXs