The FX-Spot For General discussion of the FX35/FX45

Exclusive 2009 FX Pics and Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CajunMike
bruddahmanmatt, I live in Louisiana and chose the wheat interior with the black on the FX50S because of the heat..... After seeing your pics, my wife has me second guessing my choice as she thinks the grey interior looks better. I'm just worried about that dark grey interior and a black car here in south Louisiana. What is your opinion on how the wheat looks with the black compared to the black/grey........ certainly you're in Hawaii and the heat is pretty intense there.... your thoughts? everyone's thoughts?
The pics are of a black interior, not gray. Infiniti's Gray interior (Stone) is not available on the FX. Personally I think they should have used Stone instead of Wheat as it suits the FX's more aggressive look a lot better. In short, there are only three available interior options on the new '09 FX.

Wheat (Tan)
Graphite (Black)
Java (Dark Brown)

The "gray" you may be referring to might be the plastic that's still on the seats or the sunlight affecting the quality of the pictures coming from my puny 2.0 megapixel phone. Sorry about that.

Still, I think black/black (Black Obsidian/Graphite) works waaaay better than black/tan (Black Obsidian/Wheat). I don't like light interiors on dark exteriors. Just my own personal preference. Plus, darker interiors hide wear much MUCH better. Infiniti Wheat interiors get dirty pretty fast.

My '07 6M/T Sedan is black on black. I can tell you that if anything, a black exterior is harder to live with than a black interior. Wear and tear, rock chips and swirl marks (but the car sure does look sexy when it's clean ) are a bigger pain than interior heat issues. If you're ONLY getting Wheat because of heat issues, take my advice and get what you want by going with a black or dark brown interior. The heat problem can be mostly solved by simply tinting your windows. Not to mention the 50 and 35s w/ Premium come with air conditioned seats in addition to standard dual zone climate control that'll help even more. The car is only "hot" for the first minute or so anyway. Once you crank up the A/C or roll down the windows and get on your way, it's a non-issue. And it gets pretty damn hot here in the 808.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man it looks sporty as hell. Nice pix!

Old 06-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do the rest of the tail lights do? The ones that are not lit up on the pics, on the inner side of the whole assembly.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by vince83
What do the rest of the tail lights do? The ones that are not lit up on the pics, on the inner side of the whole assembly.
That's what I was wondering at first, until I realized that they didn't house any LEDs at all. The holes are just there for aesthetic purposes to make the whole light assembly look more cohesive and to add some continuity to the entire housing.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Can you take more pictures of the navigation?
Is everything touch screen?
How does the iPod intergration look?
What about the built in HDD?
Pics pics pics
Thanks.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
once again, another thread with pics too small to see..

Old 06-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Can you take more pictures of the navigation?
Is everything touch screen?
How does the iPod intergration look?
What about the built in HDD?
Pics pics pics
Thanks.
There's really no need to. Everything is the same as it is on the V36 Sedan/Coupe, updated M and EX.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:28 PM
So what is the cut-off date for selling them? June 25th?

Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
So what is the cut-off date for selling them? June 25th?
Yes, that's my question. Let's say my FX50 arrives at my dealer tomorrow, are they allowed to let me drive off with it or do I have to wait until June 24 or 25?

Old 06-09-2008, 03:51 PM
N50
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
The headlights are good looking...depending on where you're standing relative to the car. The FX is a car that looks good from some angles, and like complete and utter azz from others and the headlights are no exception. From dead on straight ahead they look like crap. But looking up at them from a lower 3/4 perspective really highlights them.
I kind of feel like this has become the norm in the updated design language from Infiniti. The G37, for example, has some good looking headlights...but, imo, only from that 3/4 perspective you're talking about. Dead on front view of the G37, especially the headlights, make me think twice about whether of not I like the overall design of the car. I can live with it though. The EX is pretty much the same way although the headlight on the EX are very similar to the R class MB and I'm used to it. Just a thought.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by N50
The G37, for example, has some good looking headlights...but, imo, only from that 3/4 perspective you're talking about. Dead on front view of the G37, especially the headlights, make me think twice about whether of not I like the overall design of the car.
This is true, but the G37 looks much better in person than the pic's. The FX is a whole different case. Everything looks good except the front. There is nothing about the front that is a result of bad angles in pic's. It looks just as weird in person except when it's fully turned to the side.

They could have been a little more conservative with the front. What did they have to gain? 3,000 monthly sales instead of 2,500. Why in the world would they want to gain sales? This seems to be the mindset at Nissan sometimes.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by joaquin03
once again, another thread with pics too small to see..
+1 can you make them a little BIGGER

Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by CajunMike
Yes, that's my question. Let's say my FX50 arrives at my dealer tomorrow, are they allowed to let me drive off with it or do I have to wait until June 24 or 25?
You still need to wait. Technically the dealership doesn't own the vehicle yet, Infiniti does. There's no way they'd be able to sell it to you even if they wanted to. Lucky for me our service department rocks and my service manager let me take the 50 out for a spin.

As for all you basement dwellers on your Mommy's 9" monitor whining about the size of the pictures I've posted, EVERY pic I take from my phone will continue to be 1600 x 1200. If you want them to be resized, YOU download them, shrink them, reupload them and host them. Then YOU can quote my post, edit the links, and PM me the revised post with resized thumbnails and links to the pics in their original resolution. After that sure, I'll be happy to edit my post for you.

I do enough by taking the pics and writing the review in the first place. Enjoy of GTFO.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
^ you can auto resize on upload to to photobucket;
no fuss no muss.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks for saying something Ian.
I love the pics and info on this thread, but I have unsubsribeed from this thread because of the picture size.
The picture size in this thread is absolutely ridiculous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exclusive 2009 FX Pics and Impressions