G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I joined the Window Tint Fix-It Ticket Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Alumni****
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I joined the Window Tint Fix-It Ticket Club

So yesterday, I'm leaving work and no more than 2 minutes pass by and I hear sirens behind me. I look at my speedometer and I wasn't speeding at all. Bike coke pulls up next to me and asks me to pull into the neighboring parking lot. I thought okay, what did I do.

I pull into a parking spot, turn off the ignition and take out the keys. He comes over and tells me he's pulling me over for front side window tint and no front plate. I'm think alright. He asks to see my license and I'm like okay. He then asks me what I've done to the car and I'm like nothing much. Pretty much stock, which is true, since I've taken a lot of parts off to sell. Either way, he asks me to pop my hood. Hmm okay. I knew he was thinking I got some illegal non-carb stuff, but everything is pretty much stock. I popped the hood and he says, "Everything look's stock in your engine bay. Your car's pretty fast stock yeah?" I said the car's alright. Then he adds "Well you put a lot of $hit on the outside" (most likely commenting on my rims, brakes, and exhaust).

either way, he tells me to wait for a sec and comes back with my window tint fix-it. kinda weird how he didn't even ask me for my registration though. I think he just forget about my front plate violation. funny thing was he had no idea what year/make/model my coupe was. goes to show how much cops really know about cars. guess this was due to my debadging.

I have had window tint for over two years now. 35% all around and I've driven by tons of cops and never got hassled. in broad daylight, and yesterday was freaking bright, my car doesn't even look tinted. i'm thinking it's because of how our cars look. my girl always tells me that people make assumptions when they see a young guy in a sports car.

anyways, i know it's illegal, so i take responsibility for getting the fix-it at all, but come on. either way, i ask my co-worker and he lets me know that this cop, every 1-2 months goes nuts for a few days to meet quota. when i called my friend at 5, he was just leaving work, and that same cop had someone pulled over at the same location was at.

no i truly believe there are quotas. how convenient was it that yesterday was the last day of may.

ahh well. more reason to trade-in this car. i stripped the front window tints after i got home yesterday.

i'm tired of getting revved at by everybody and their mom. yesterday i got revved at by an old 5-series.

S60R, here i come maybe.. heh

Last edited by OOOOA3; 06-01-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM
sorry, D...tickets suck. haha welcome to my world
and yes, i've seen a sh!tload of cops the past few days. gotta be extra careful out there.
you're going to get the volvo over the 2007 sedan? boooo

Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
35% is illegal in CA?
I thought 35 is legal. I know the 30 or 25 is illegal.
I never knew 35 is illegal..I think it legal in WA.
>.<
am I right?

Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sucks but I'm glad to hear that you accepted it rather than rant n' rave about how stupid cops are like most people.

Originally Posted by Wanchu83
35% is illegal in CA?
I thought 35 is legal. I know the 30 or 25 is illegal.
I never knew 35 is illegal..I think it legal in WA.
>.<
am I right?
Any tinting on the front two are illegal in CA.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Sucks but I'm glad to hear that you accepted it rather than rant n' rave about how stupid cops are like most people.

Any tinting on the front two are illegal in CA.
i read on some tint site that 70 is legal in CA...which is pretty much clear...

Old 06-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Never enough
Fug I got pulled in my civic two days ago! He got me for no front plate. Now I know Ill really get nailed if I drive the G! I fuggin hate this gay **** state!

Old 06-01-2006, 02:45 PM
California Window Tint Law

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

Old 06-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Never enough
But the funny part is my escalade is blacked out. Ive never gotten a ticket. If you have a import car these days your pretty much fugged.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:51 PM
where did this happen... i see in your profile, it says sac... i want avoid this cop if i can and roll with my windows down if i'm near that place.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Something must of flew up that cops a$ss when he woke up that morning!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned
Cops hate the young people in the nice sports cars. They are jealous and you have a much greater chance of getting pulled over then say someone with a $hitty car.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Alumni****
Originally Posted by dudeimjohn
where did this happen... i see in your profile, it says sac... i want avoid this cop if i can and roll with my windows down if i'm near that place.
Happened at Expo and Heritage around my work. Pretty much across the street from Arden Fair. My co-worker told me that it happens every once in a while where the motorbike cops go absolutely nuts for about 2-3 days handing tickets left and right for every little thing.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey David

thats why I have my front plate on and my windows aren't tinted. I've gone through so many front plate fix it ticket that I've kept mine on so that the cop don't have a reason to pull me over and then get me for other stupid things.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Alumni****
Originally Posted by kev301
Hey David

thats why I have my front plate on and my windows aren't tinted. I've gone through so many front plate fix it ticket that I've kept mine on so that the cop don't have a reason to pull me over and then get me for other stupid things.
Yeah, I hear ya Kev. I'm thinking my next car, just go all legal, cause getting pulled over for stupid **** like this is dumb and a waste of time.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Banned
The more your car draws attention - wheels, exhaust, body kit, etc... the more cops are going to notice and intentionally want to write you up for something. If you have a bone stock vehicle, compared with a modded vehicle, you have a better chance of not being pestered.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I joined the Window Tint Fix-It Ticket Club