The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I joined the Window Tint Fix-It Ticket Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Alumni****
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, well, i'm not over-extravagant on my mods. i'll take it as it is, i had illegal tint and he was meeting his quota. those two equated to getting a fix-it.

Old 06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
That sucks... i guess the cop had nothing else better to do... i don't see soccer mom's getting pulled over in their escalades with windows tinted so dark you can't see anything....

Old 06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If you really want to get into detail, California Vehicle code 26708.5 according to the California DMV:

26708.5. (a) No person shall place, install, affix, or apply any transparent material upon the windshield, or side or rear windows, of any motor vehicle if the material alters the color or reduces the light transmittance of the windshield or side or rear windows, except as provided in subdivision (b), (c), or (d) of Section 26708.

Old 06-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned
You don't have to be over-extravagant. If you and I were coming out of the parking lot at the same time and mine was bone stock with tinted windows, you can bet that he'd target you in hopes of getting more than just tinted windows. He's going to be looking for illegal exhaust, exhaust too loud, car too low, etc. My point being that the more attention your car draws, the more cops will take a second look. Even in stock form, a bright yellow or red vehicle is going to stand out more than a white or black one. You take that chance.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:35 PM
there are no "quotas" in police work, only daily independant activity sheets, i learned about them in my introduction to law enforcement class i took as an elective in college.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Duy
Holy Crap! PA tint law sucks!

"Windshield No tint is allowed on the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 70% of light in. "

Gratz bare glass window tints =(

Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Narcolepsy12345
there are no "quotas" in police work, only daily independant activity sheets, i learned about them in my introduction to law enforcement class i took as an elective in college.
Elective in college = real world?

I'm sure these sheets are reviewed... and if the activity is not up to expectations, action is taken. So - quotas.

Heath

Old 06-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
S60R is nice =)

Originally Posted by liu621
So yesterday, I'm leaving work and no more than 2 minutes pass by and I hear sirens behind me. I look at my speedometer and I wasn't speeding at all. Bike coke pulls up next to me and asks me to pull into the neighboring parking lot. I thought okay, what did I do.

I pull into a parking spot, turn off the ignition and take out the keys. He comes over and tells me he's pulling me over for front side window tint and no front plate. I'm think alright. He asks to see my license and I'm like okay. He then asks me what I've done to the car and I'm like nothing much. Pretty much stock, which is true, since I've taken a lot of parts off to sell. Either way, he asks me to pop my hood. Hmm okay. I knew he was thinking I got some illegal non-carb stuff, but everything is pretty much stock. I popped the hood and he says, "Everything look's stock in your engine bay. Your car's pretty fast stock yeah?" I said the car's alright. Then he adds "Well you put a lot of $hit on the outside" (most likely commenting on my rims, brakes, and exhaust).

either way, he tells me to wait for a sec and comes back with my window tint fix-it. kinda weird how he didn't even ask me for my registration though. I think he just forget about my front plate violation. funny thing was he had no idea what year/make/model my coupe was. goes to show how much cops really know about cars. guess this was due to my debadging.

I have had window tint for over two years now. 35% all around and I've driven by tons of cops and never got hassled. in broad daylight, and yesterday was freaking bright, my car doesn't even look tinted. i'm thinking it's because of how our cars look. my girl always tells me that people make assumptions when they see a young guy in a sports car.

anyways, i know it's illegal, so i take responsibility for getting the fix-it at all, but come on. either way, i ask my co-worker and he lets me know that this cop, every 1-2 months goes nuts for a few days to meet quota. when i called my friend at 5, he was just leaving work, and that same cop had someone pulled over at the same location was at.

no i truly believe there are quotas. how convenient was it that yesterday was the last day of may.

ahh well. more reason to trade-in this car. i stripped the front window tints after i got home yesterday.

i'm tired of getting revved at by everybody and their mom. yesterday i got revved at by an old 5-series.

S60R, here i come maybe.. heh

Old 06-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Q451990
Elective in college = real world?

I'm sure these sheets are reviewed... and if the activity is not up to expectations, action is taken. So - quotas.

Heath
that's exactly what I am thinking; unless if you speak from an actual cop...I dun think it is convincing enough to say from a college elective...

Well, at least there are alot more cops at the end of each month and long weekends ..trying to catch ppl with stuff like no front plate or 10 mph over...

Old 06-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by liu621
i'm tired of getting revved at by everybody and their mom.
Haha, this is so true !
I had the car damn for 2 weeks now and it happens all the time, mostly car who stand no chance at all
I admit I had to teach them a lesson once or twice but most of the time I don't even bother playing that game

Old 06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
yeah i had to take an elective in college and i took intro to law enforcement, it was taught at my college by a retired TX cop and he's the one that told us about the daily independant activity sheets. he justified it by saying it was how they knew cops were out there working instead of chilling in their cars talking on the internet instead of just meeting a ticketing goal.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 PM
i've just got a ticket for front windshield tint, and driver/passenger windows too dark. they measured them at 2.9% lol, i was told they were 5% limo, but ya and i got a fix-it for my front plate.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 PM
70% are the factory base allready so any thing that you put on it except clear would be illegal and the back side limo dark is ok

Old 06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
I got a fix it ticket for my fornt tickets. My neighbor is a cop and he's gonna sign it off. Also I asked a cop a few years ago and he said there was no quotas but Im sure there are unofficial quotas because otherwise cops could do nothing all day.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Speaking Of Which

i was walking back to my car from work to head out to lunch and i see a ticket on my window... i was like "wtf" and read the ticket... "tint on front windows"... from a parking officer. so pissed.. but its only 27.50 fine. so its not bad...

whats funny is they somehow knew my name and house address, but yet, they wrote down 2004 Infiniti Skyline 350GT on the ticket