Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
If you must remove your tint (drivers/passanger
windows) don't pay someone to do something so
simple my sister could do it. Just get a corner
started with a razor blade and peel the sh*t off.
Most difficult part will be cleaning the windows
with alchol and wipe clean......10min tops! See
I just save you $50..........
Yeah, razor blade and peel. Instead of alcohol, you could use glass cleaner. The ammonia in glass cleaner just takes all the sticky residue away.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I'd sooner pay the ticket, than remove my tint, get the ticket thrown out, pay the court fee and then re-tint my car.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Here is what you do...If you have a friends dad or know anyone that is a Dr. go to them and have them write you a note. In the note have the Dr. state that your eyes are sensative to sun rays (some bull**** like this) and that you can risk going blind if you dont protect them even when you drive. Then bring this with you to the court case...you never know what you can get around

Old 06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
In NJ, after a cop notices your third tinted window offense its a manditory court appearance and you can be slapped with a bunch of charges including court fees, the regular ticket price, failure to make repairs ($130.00 ticket alone which they can charge you for TWICE), and whatever other fees they get you with. Atleast thats what happened with my friend.

Not even worth it to have tints in this state. I see so many people pulled over just for tints on the side of the road all the time.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Alumni****
Originally Posted by G352NV
Sorry to hear it. Has anyone taken tint off? Ive put it on but never taken it off. Im going to remove mine but Im a little freaked out about the rear defroster. Anyone have any tips?
Steve, I just recently got a tint ticket and removed it the same day I got the ticket. It wasn't as easy as it was the last time I removed my tint. The first time, I used a cheap tinter and although the tint was good, there was absolutely no residual glue at all. This time, there was so much residual glue it was a pain in the *** to remove. On one point, I know the tint would have lasted a long time for me, but removing it took almost 2 hours. I used alcohol and Windex and it still took that long.

If you want, I can help you out with it. Just takes a lot of patience and time.

Sorry to hear about your tint ticket. I pretty much just kissed $150 good bye that day, but then again, it is illegal and around here (Sac), cops are finding every which reason to pull over suspected street racers, so might as well avoid the assumptions they make. That's why I'm pretty much back to stock: no more clear corners, no more tint. Soon, the exhaust is coming on, the stock wheels will be back on, and the BBK removed.

Good luck!

Old 06-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Ah! The joys of not living in a communist state. lol I'd try and get a doctors note or something then. At least try that before you go and rip your tint off.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:11 PM
yea i know for a fact i can get away with my tints cause i have for the past half a year and this time the cop was being a dick and gave me a tint ticket to go along with my speeding ticket

Old 06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
That sucks man... How dark was your tint?? What %

Old 06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
I have found that if you drive normally and obey the law, you will not be pulled over for having tinted windows.
I have had 15% on my cars for the past 7 years and have never been pulled
over for it.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gary c
If you must remove your tint (drivers/passanger
windows) don't pay someone to do something so
simple my sister could do it. Just get a corner
started with a razor blade and peel the sh*t off.
Most difficult part will be cleaning the windows
with alchol and wipe clean......10min tops! See
I just save you $50..........
the 50 is also to get the tint reapplied,

bu yes, if u dont plan on putting it back on its very easy to remove the tint yourself

Old 06-12-2006, 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
I have found that if you drive normally and obey the law, you will not be pulled over for having tinted windows.
over for it.
It depends solely on the jurisdiction you live in. If it's one of the things that they are looking for, then go with the flow and make sure your tint is legal.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
over for it.

Everybody's running tint here in FL

Old 06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just tint the two small windows and the rear window. Any tinting in the front is illegal and you know that. Just tint the back and be done with it. It's not like it gets that hot here anyway.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boxa87
Here is what you do...If you have a friends dad or know anyone that is a Dr. go to them and have them write you a note. In the note have the Dr. state that your eyes are sensative to sun rays (some bull**** like this) and that you can risk going blind if you dont protect them even when you drive. Then bring this with you to the court case...you never know what you can get around

You probably read of one of my earlier posts regarding California Vehicle code 26708.10 which basically states the person must be shaded from the sun due to visual condition if a note can be provided by a physician or optometrist. Ah but you didn't read the paragraph entirely because it also states it cannot be used during darkness. What does this mean? It mean you could only use those squarish removable shade blockers and not permanent tint.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
I thought you can get a way of just removing the front windows and leaving the back alone VANS/SUV's have darker tint on their back but no tint on the front. On my old Integra i had my front remove but my back (4door ) and rear window i just left it alone, I had been pulled over # of times for other issue but never gotten a Tint ticket

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tint ticket.