The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

There it is, the G got hit, then other side not admitting 100%

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There it is, the G got hit, then other side not admitting 100%

Why o why the headache man??!?! Yesterday, Rachel was backing up looking back ofcourse, she only needed 2 feet more so she can drive forward, then out of nowhere the other car started backing up so Rachel honked but it was too late, the cars were so close so she couldn't do anything.

Ofcourse they exchanged registration/insurance etc and the lady admitted that she wasn't looking, and that she's very sorry that she hit her. I was on the phone with her when the lady was saying sorry, so I instructed Rachel to get all the info, and back in my head I was thinking, maybe I should ask her to call the police. Boy oh boy, I wish I did.

Today, the other lady's insurance called and they said that they will only cover 75% of the damages, 25% to Rachel's insurance. Ofcourse we don't want that, we weren't at fault and the other driver admitted that. This is the part where I wished we called the cops. Rachel actually did try to ask for phone numbers of witnesses, but none of them gave their numbers.

So now Rachel's insurance is involved and they have a case and we have to bring the car to an adjuster this Friday. This means that we may have to wait for awhile to get all this thing settled. Rachel is very excited to go the Monterey meet and now so dissapointed because her baby has a big *** dimple in the ***.

We may just pay the deductible and use our insurance just so we can get this thing fixed asap, and hopefully 100% of that will get back to us. What I'm worried about is her record, I don't want anything on her record saying she's partly at fault with the accident. That's just BS.

I just don't understand why they're making such a big deal out of this too, the lady said she's sorry and admitted she wasn't looking. There it is, end of story right??!?! I hate these greedy insurance bastards.

Sorry for the long post just had to vent.. Rachel has a headache, I have a headache. this sucks. The sways came in today, the skirts are coming in tomorrow, the bumper this thurday, even with all these goodies, we still can't keep a straight face..

Here are some pics:

niM

Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lessonlearned: always call the police. no matter how minor.

i hope you get this worked out...

Old 06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear that, bro. I hope it works out for you.

C.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I wouldnt have even claimed it. Your deductible is probably 500. I had to replace the rear bumper on my car including paint and hangers and labor it was under 900. By the time you have to worry about your insurance company upping your rate you could have been done with it. The difference would have been 400. All in all... I feel your pain. Good luck with it.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:18 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just know that it might not be insurance changing the story to claim only partial responsibility... it may also be the other driver.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:20 PM
gl with it..... if it's not your fault call the cops..... if it is, run like the wind......

Old 06-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm confused...

The G was backing up, then another car started backing up, and the damage was to the rear of the G...so were they backing up towards each other, as in the rear ends were facing each other?

Old 06-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hear that.....I just saw the PDR guy today to take out a couple dings. Hope you get a new OEM bumper.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by madchef
I'm confused...

The G was backing up, then another car started backing up, and the damage was to the rear of the G...so were they backing up towards each other, as in the rear ends were facing each other?
yes. Rear ends facing each other. It happened on a parking lot. She basically parked on the other side to where I parked. My G backed up first but needed more space before it can move forward. So before i back up again, I looked on my rear view mirror and looked back and saw this other car backing up so I honked but it was too late. She then hit me already. According to her, she didn't see me co'z she was just looking on her left.

I got a quote from the body shop and they were asking $1089 to fix my bumper and I don't understand why i should pay 25% of this amount. Paying this 25% is like admitting that I am partially at fault which is absolutely NOT TRUE at all. I think State Farm Insurance is trying to get away with this 25%. She admitted that it was her fault so why should I pay???? It just sucks co'z I have to pay $1000 deductible ( yeah i know, I should have increased my monthly payment to have a lower deductible but I never had any record since I got my license that's why I chose a higher deductible instead).

CODEFLUX - yeah I know, now I learned my lesson... next time I get into this situation again, first thing I'll do is call a cop.

raYch

Last edited by nimdivino; 06-14-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:46 PM
The bumper is plastic, why not just pop it out to make it prettier while you sort out the insurance stuff?

Even if you called the cops, they probably wouldn't show up if they were in a parking lot. Parking lots are private property.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Banned
That sucks, good luck ! Hae to see that G, its the same color as mine =T

Old 06-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Cops would only file an incident report but assign no blame in this situation because it is a parking lot. A lot of times the insurance companies will go 50/50 in a parking lot accident.

File a small claims law suit if you really want them to pay for the whole thing.

Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
you can file a police report 48 hours after teh incident. tnhey'll just write both parties moved their vehicles from the scene. also i would have the insurance company arbitrate the situation. i hope that helps. worst case get a lawyer involved it has helped with me.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 AM
In my experience working for an insurance company you will be very hard pressed to get them to pay for 100%. I would say they were very nice to give you 75% and not hold it at 50%. No matter what when you are backing up you will have a duty to watch what is behind you and since both are backing both have the same duty and therefore both evenly responsible. I would take the 75% and walk away. Small claims will probably give you a worse outcome than the insurance has offered. Best you could do with the police is a counter report and those are basically worthless. Ask for them to cash you out 75% of a rental and that will maybe cover some of the unpaid portion of it. They should say like $40-50 a day by maybe 5 days. Or just go through your insurance and let the carriers fight it out. GL with it man, don't get too worked up over it.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Heat it up and pop it out for now so it won't look so bad while you drive around until you get it fixed. Just be glad they had insurance.

That happened to a buddy of mine in a parking lot. The guy didn't have insurance. Almost the same exact damage. He came right over as soon as he left the parking lot. I poured a huge pot of boiling water on it and it popped right out. Still had some paint damage but better then making a full claim. Eventually he switched to an aftermarket bumper anyways.

Hope you get it sorted out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: There it is, the G got hit, then other side not admitting 100%