The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Salvage title recovery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salvage title recovery?

My G35 has a salvage title (registered to washington state) due to recovery from stolen status. It didn't really matter cause I'm not planning on selling this car. But now I'm having some of the problems listed on the TSB (clicking driveshaft, squeeking clutch, inop. window, etc..)
Since my warranty is no longer good, I guess I have to pay them out of my pocket.

Here is my question. I've moved to Alabama and will stay here for a year. Is it possible to transfer my title and get a normal title so that I can get my warranty back? If it's illegal, let me know and I'll erase this thread.
If it's possible, please let me know how. I really don't want to pay for all those TSB's.
Thanks

Old 07-07-2006, 02:44 PM
I thought warranty/TSB work was mileage driven. Why would a title status play a role?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 PM
There is no way to erase the salavage history of the title if it is erased than its illegal. The warranty goes because the car has the same title as a car that was hit by a freight train and rebuilt Infiniti does not know why its an S title theres no way around it sorry

Old 07-07-2006, 03:02 PM
My question is How the hell did they steal the car....either they had the key, or it got towed?

Old 07-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Yes infiniti voids the warranty if the title is "marked". Mine had an error that tooks months to fix. They would not touch my tranmission, I even threatened lawsuits. Infiniti corporate did not care.

I doubt you can get that off your title. Infiniti gets the title status from DMV, they will not listen to what you say only what DMV reports. Mine was a typographocal error on the title and it was rough enough getting them to believe me.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sub79
My G35 has a salvage title (registered to washington state) due to recovery from stolen status. It didn't really matter cause I'm not planning on selling this car. But now I'm having some of the problems listed on the TSB (clicking driveshaft, squeeking clutch, inop. window, etc..)
Since my warranty is no longer good, I guess I have to pay them out of my pocket.

Here is my question. I've moved to Alabama and will stay here for a year. Is it possible to transfer my title and get a normal title so that I can get my warranty back? If it's illegal, let me know and I'll erase this thread.
If it's possible, please let me know how. I really don't want to pay for all those TSB's.
Thanks
I don't think it's possible for "S" titles to become "A". I would try the dealer anyway, don't mention it, but if they ask don't lie. Talk and try to negotiate or at least ask them if you can talk to the technician who can explain the resolution to the TSB problems you are having, so that you can do it yourself. (or go to your local shop and have it done cheaper).

Old 07-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Won't work. Unless you have an awesome dealer that is willing to eat the labor and parts costs, it's pointless. When they key in your vin, the system will tell them if your car is under warranty. I have those printouts, shows them the date your warranties expire. If they perform anything on your car and it's not under warranty they won't get paid by infiniti.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gashed
Why would a title status play a role?

Because once the framework of vehicle has been compromised, it becomes a liability issue rather than warranty. Your car could've been in 5 accidents but no structural damage, you car would still be covered under warranty. Just don't even think about purchasing a salvaged title car.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^kinda confused here...your saying once your cars been in an accident and theres frame damage that you lose your warranty?
or did i just take that the wrong way?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Well for one thing if the car has a salvage title it means the insurance company declared it an entire loss.

There's tons of people out there that goto auto auctions and buy salvage title cars to repair and resell. Unless you know some people that are on the shady side, there's no way to clean your title.

On a semi related topic 9+ years back I bought an integra with a salvage title in NY. The guy was a friend of a friend of a firend, you know. Well he got the title cleaned and it came back with a clean deleware title. I went to try to register the car in NJ, no go. They said I had to go to DMV in trenton to register it. I ended up just giving it back to the guy, too much hassle. I'm thinking the guy knew someone at the dmv. Long story short, don't mess around with salvage title cars.

Last edited by conq; 07-07-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
My cousin had a 99' accord lx, which he paid $19k out the door. He got rear ended which also resulted in a frontal accident. $17k worth of damages. You'd think the insurance would give it a salvage title huh? Nopes...no structural damage, fixed it and is back on the streets. A buddy of mines got rear ended in his 00' Prelude. $5k worth of damages but the rear stablizer bar was damaged...salvaged title.

A vehicle with a salvaged title voids any warranty. If a dealer were to fix a car that sustained front structural damage and later that person died for whatever reason while driving, it could all go back to the dealer. They rather not take the chance. My Honda service advisor told me they'll never perform any services on a salvaged title vehicle even though the customer pays from their pocket.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
^oh okay i got it now...so if its a loss then the warranty is gone....I was wondering cause i was an accident back in april....yes my car is still in the shop(long story)...but the car did sustain frame damage. I was wondering cause i have a TSB due and dont want to pay out of pocket for it.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Did you insurance claim it salvaged tho?

Old 07-07-2006, 07:50 PM
^no its still being repaired...they said total loss was at 32,000...im only at 18,000 so i dont think so. I hope not. Ima check it out first thing monday to be sure.

Last edited by castertroy101; 07-07-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks for all your input !
I guess I'll have to fix those TSB problems myself...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Salvage title recovery?