The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Dealer tried to screw me big time!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006 | 06:02 PM
Wow...that is unbelievable unprofesional! I cannot believe an Infiniti dealership would install some cheap bullcrap knockoff on a brand new ride and pass it off as the real deal. You definitely should take this right up the ladder until you're talking to the owner of the dealership. Keep us posted on what happens.

Also, if you're even considering getting a lawyer involved, be sure to document dates, times and every conversation you had with the dealership or with Infiniti. Good Luck.

Old 07-10-2006 | 06:22 PM
Do you mind telling us which dealer it is?

Old 07-10-2006 | 06:29 PM
I'd try remedying the situation and getting what u want before posting the name of the dealership..Go straight to the gm/owner of the dealership. Some dealers do check these boards...

Old 07-10-2006 | 06:31 PM
|
Thanks for all your support guys! I will definitely keep all of you apprised of the situation as it develops. This dealer can still make good on this, if they replace the trunk lid, install the REAL infiniti aero package, remove the 3rd brake light replacing the shelf.

However, although, I will be satisfied with the above resolution, it still doesn't change the fact that I feel they were dishonest with me. And if they are dishonest with me, they must be dishonest with others. I'll definitely post the name of the dealer as soon as I get some type of resolution.

I took pictures of the spoiler with the holes in my trunk lid, but I'm kind of a newbie here, so I don't really know how to post pics within the file size limits...so please wait while I figure it out.

Last edited by wcs23; 07-10-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2006 | 07:57 PM
I'd love to see a pic of the cheap fake spoiler.

Old 07-10-2006 | 08:09 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Originally Posted by gspotter
I'd love to see a pic of the cheap fake spoiler.
+1 on the pics!

Old 07-10-2006 | 09:42 PM
If you do everything that people have mentioned, Infinity America, BBB, Lawyer, GM at the Dealership then I am confident in the end you will have them kissing your ***. As a matter of fact, type a statement, make a few copies, put them in addressed and stamped envelopes to the BBB, your lawyer(make one up if need be), and Infinity America, and whoever else you can think of. Hell, throw in a few competing dealerships in the area, whatever. The more the better. Go to the GM, let him read a copy of the statement, then show him the addresses and stamped envelopes and read the addreses to him/her. Tell the GM to make it right or you are dropping those in the nearest mailbox you see. When his face turn either white or red depending on his personality, tell him the additional items you want on top of just getting what is right. THEY OWE YOU, YOU CAN OWN THEM!!!! Oh, and give them a link to this thread

Old 07-10-2006 | 09:48 PM
P.S. I got my 2006 6mt brand new at cost! I don't f*ck around with dealerships.

Old 07-10-2006 | 10:10 PM
Staff Alumni
I hate to say this but you sure you haven't confused the 05 and 06 spoilers? I trust you know the differences but we can all make some stupid mistakes. You didnt mention if you got an 06 or 05 but I'm going to assume its an 06.

Old 07-10-2006 | 10:32 PM
Premier Member
Premier Member
Umm...I don't think they replace the rear shelf for the aero kits...They just disconnect the harness and install the spoiler. Correct me if infiniti does it a different way. The third brake light will remain there but its just inactive. Take a picture of the spoiler. If you have an 06 then it might be the newer version of the spoiler which doesn't look like the Ironing board on the 05.

Old 07-11-2006 | 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by dofu
+1

Do you have this in writing? Call BBB, take it to court, etc... if you do.
BBB wont do anything. They just document the case and IF there are several cases opened during that quarter then they will take matters into hand.

Old 07-11-2006 | 01:06 AM
Yes BBB does nothing especially with infiniti. They even tried to close the case before I had the chance to respond to infiniti's first response to my case. In the end nothing was resolved.

Old 07-11-2006 | 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by wcs23
All,

Here is my situation.

I bought a brand-new 6mt coupe black 3 weeks back. When I went to the dealer, I told the guy I wanted the aero package. He says that they have exactly the one I want with aero package, navi, premium package, etc.

So they bring out the car, and I think ok. But then I realize wait, it doesn't have a spoiler. So they say they are sorry and they have started on all the paperwork already and could I just get this one and they will install the aero package later?

Fine so I do it.

Last week I get the "aero package" installed. It is just the spoiler and it looks like the factory spoiler. I have doubts so I compare it to another car, and guess what! It is a cheap imitation spoiler! And not only that! In order to install this crappy spoiler, they had to drill these two huge holes to the under my trunk which they cover up with black tape!

So now I am negotiating with the dealer to get my trunk completely replaced and the OFFICIAL aero package put on. HOWEVER, they REFUSE to remove the rear-deck, 3rd brake light. They say that in their 30 years in business they have NEVER done this and will not do this.

My argument, is that I want the exact same car I would've gotten if I had gotten it from the factory with the aero package.

Why are they refusing to do this? Are there any dealers out there that can verify this? Is this procedure absolutely unheard of? Please help!

Talk to Damayor hes one of the best inside guys on the forum...his dealership is geared toward the enthusiast, Im sure he would def be able to set you straight on what the dealership can and can not do!

Old 07-11-2006 | 01:41 AM
I wouldn't push the swapping on the 3rd brake light. Yes, it's annoying, but I was also told by my dealership that they never replace this. That was the reason that I insisted on a factory-installed aero package (no extra disconnected brake light). If they replace your trunk and put on a factory spoiler and diffusers I think you'll be ahead of the game. Then again, they should throw in the correct rear decklid for your trouble!

Old 07-11-2006 | 08:30 AM
|
Originally Posted by hai109
Umm...I don't think they replace the rear shelf for the aero kits...They just disconnect the harness and install the spoiler. Correct me if infiniti does it a different way. The third brake light will remain there but its just inactive. Take a picture of the spoiler. If you have an 06 then it might be the newer version of the spoiler which doesn't look like the Ironing board on the 05.
It's definitely 06, which is what I want...I don't want to get into the whole 05 vs. 06 debate since I honestly like both but since I'm getting an 06 car, might as well get the 06 spoiler. The way this aftermarket spoiler looks is that on the surface, if you were to just see it on the street, you may think it is an 06 spoiler. But then when you look at the details especially the plastic housing for the leds, it is very far off. I do have pics and will try and post them later this afternoon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to screw me big time!