The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

3M Clear Bra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello. I saw this post and just wanted to add my 2 cents. I've been installing clear bras for over 6 years in the Tampa area and sell online as well just like Invisible Mask, (same kits at same prices). I wouldn't recommend doing the install yourself on this particular car. The Hood and Bumper are both very difficult to do for a first timer.

I would stongly recommend getting a professional to do the install, but I wouldn't spend 1k either. Usually for an Xpel kit fully installed with Headlights I charge $600. For other areas you might spend +/- an extra 100-200.

However if you still think you can do this car yourself I will be happy to forward you guys a video on how to install the kits on a G35.

Thanks
Ryan

Old 09-10-2006, 05:08 PM
I paid $500 locally to have it put on my 05. I would have agreed about them being almost invisible until about a month ago. Getting older, I had to get a pair of perscription sunglasses for distance vision. They are polarized. First doy I walk up to my car wearing them shocked me. It looked as if my front end had been hit - I was seeing stress marks in the bumper. Got closer - could still see them. Took off the glasses (since they are for distance) to closely inspect, and the marks vanished. Turns out that any areas that were stretched now show up as brownish on my BS G35. Kind of makes me not want to wear the sunglasses! I'll have to try photographing the effect with a polarized filter.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mine show up clear and i wear polarized sunglasses all the time....

premier came out to my garage to install mine when they were mobile... whenever I go to the meets, very few will spot my g as having a clear bra on....

i saw clear installed on certain g's by certain installers and they look like crap.... even i could have done as good or better job....

Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Getting it installed tomorrow at noon by a 3m certified installer... $695 (Includes leading edge coverage on the hood, front fender end caps, mirrors and front bumper) http://www.pro-finish.com/currentspecials.html , only one complain by the BBB, so hopefully he's good...

Old 09-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by G35_RJ
Getting it installed tomorrow at noon by a 3m certified installer... $695 (Includes leading edge coverage on the hood, front fender end caps, mirrors and front bumper) http://www.pro-finish.com/currentspecials.html , only one complain by the BBB, so hopefully he's good...
Be careful with this company. My detailer has told me about some horror stories about this guy. PM me if you want to know details.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Well now, I wished I had read this last night. Anyhow, the guy came out, and 3 hours later it was installed. My only complaint is that the piece for the front spoiler doesn't line up at all (ends and middle), as well as a tiny razor cut. Aside from that, it looks great.

He said he'll make good on the install, and I just spoke with him a few minutes ago.

If he doesn't... I am hoping I won't have to pursue any legal action against him. Won't cost me a dime to ask my brother-in-law of a lawyer to serve him. Or report him to 3M and the BBB.

If you don't mind, post the horror stories up here. This way the rest of the forum can benefit. If this guy is good, hopefully, everyone else in the bay area can get a good install at a moderate price.

Attached Thumbnails 3M Clear Bra?-image_00397.jpg  

Last edited by G35_RJ; 09-12-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Well, the story goes like this. My detailer does mainly high end cars, and a few years back decided to give this guy from Profinsih, your installer, a try. He recommended him to two customers of his, both owners of Ferrari F355s. The first one came out pretty bad and was rescheduled to be redone at a later time. When he was working on the second one, in the middle of the installation, he gets up, yells to my detailer (and the customer) that he was done. Next thing they knew, the guy just threw his things into his car and drove off without taking payment. When my detailer and the customer came up to the car, they noticed the film on the hood was misaligned and was not straight. They took the film off only to find multiple razor cuts that were down to the primer. When they noticed this, they contacted the owner of the first car, and when the film came off, there were similar razor cuts everywhere.

I've never used or seen their work before,....but from what I've heard, I'm not too impressed by his skills or business ethics.
Well now, I wished I had read this last night. Anyhow, the guy came out, and 3 hours later it was installed. My only complaint is that the piece for the front spoiler doesn't line up at all (ends and middle), as well as a tiny razor cut. Aside from that, it looks great.

He said he'll make good on the install, and I just spoke with him a few minutes ago.

If he doesn't... I am hoping I won't have to pursue any legal action against him. Won't cost me a dime to ask my brother-in-law of a lawyer to serve him. Or report him to 3M and the BBB.

If you don't mind, post the horror stories up here. This way the rest of the forum can benefit. If this guy is good, hopefully, everyone else in the bay area can get a good install at a moderate price.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:00 AM
BTW... in the Bay Area, there is only one company to go to IMO. Premier does the best work around.

email: sam@premiermobilegroup.com

Old 09-13-2006, 02:06 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i'd buy that for my G, but another G parked in my building has it and its starting to peel off. so i'm kinda sketchy about it now.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:49 AM
Thanks... i sent sam an email to see what he charges. if its close to $700, I'm going after a refund.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:03 PM
I am wanting to get this done on my new G, but am nervous about having it done now. I rather get it done with a shop that does not have to use a razor! Some shops seem to have it computer cut, should I go with that? I was also contemplating on doing this myself with kits online. Prices are from $200 to $800. I wonder how much of a PITA it is to do for the first time.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by gDriven
BTW... in the Bay Area, there is only one company to go to IMO. Premier does the best work around.

email: sam@premiermobilegroup.com
Like i said, premier is the ONE....

Old 09-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks... i sent sam an email to see what he charges. if its close to $700, I'm going after a refund.
better to call him. Not to knock on premier or anything but the last time i emailed them about window tint (twice), i never got a response.

i paid $650 for mine back in dec 05 when they came to my garage.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Autopaintguard

I would stongly recommend getting a professional to do the install, but I wouldn't spend 1k either. Usually for an Xpel kit fully installed with Headlights I charge $600. For other areas you might spend +/- an extra 100-200.

Thanks
Ryan
Agreed. Glad mine was done professionally. I just bought a small roll of 3M on ebay to trim the door sill nameplates with, after removing the chintzy thin plastic the factory put on.
I was able to get both sides OK, but I can't say it was easy. There is a lot of experience in knowing how much you can stretch it, and how to take out all the bubbles. And to think I was working on two small flat surfaces. Came out nice though.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:59 PM
No refund, only an offer to redo the work. The catch: he wants me to drive my car 50 miles to his house and leave it overnight.

HeLL NO.

I filed a complaint with anyone who would listen... 3M, XPel, BBB, California Automotive, etc . For $700, I am also filing against him.

What crap... looks fine from far away. come close and your like wtf happened

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0

On a better note, I spoke with Sam at Premier. Pretty cool guy and lots of great info. I'll be heading over there on the 21st...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 3M Clear Bra?