The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just got a ticket violation (California)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2006 | 05:43 AM
|
Just got a ticket violation (California)

I went to a club and i was parked in the parking structure. when i got back i noticed that on my wiper was a yellow paper, which was a parking violation. The parking violations was for not having a front plate. If i got the violation while driving i would have understood the situation, but since it was parked it seems to me that the police didnt' have anything to do but to look for some type of violations on the car. It's not the money, but it is the principle.I got the car without a front plate from the dealer. By the way i have my car badged to a Skyline, i dont' know if that is what made my car visible to these cops or not. Something funny i did notice on the violation is that the make of the vehicle is marked as a Scion.

Old 10-15-2006 | 05:50 AM
Your probably off the hook with the error. Take it down to the courthouse and say you found that on your car, but they got thr wrong car on it. But the cops can give you a ticket for not have your front plate while parked just like they can give you a ticket for being parked in a red zone or handicap when your not.
Where did you get your car from? I know metro infiniti makes you sign a form saying you acknowledge that you been informed that no front plate will result in a ticket and they won't be responsible. That form is pretty much BS since all the cars there already have the bracket on.

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:03 AM
|
I got the car from a Toyota Dealership in Antioch, Ca. I know i can probably fight it, and i think i will. it's not the money its the principle. Thanks for the quick reply. By the way its marked as a Scion Skyline, Then under the Scion writing it says "infi". Talk about confusion on his part. This was at 1:39 am, and it even specifies that it was in the paid parking lot.

Last edited by DRT_S14; 10-15-2006 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2006 | 06:27 AM
i got a ticket like that once, but it wasnt from a cop. a parking enforcement officer cited me. i saw him write me up and i knew i had parked in the right time. turns out its an no front license plate when i called.

Old 10-15-2006 | 06:38 AM
|
To be honest i don't know if it was a cop or a security who gave me the ticket, but i do intendl to find out. Before i wasn't able to fight my tickets due to my busiy schedule. Now i am, so i guess i will fight this ticket.

Last edited by DRT_S14; 10-15-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2006 | 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by prelude555
i got a ticket like that once, but it wasnt from a cop. a parking enforcement officer cited me. i saw him write me up and i knew i had parked in the right time. turns out its an no front license plate when i called.
Yeah, it might be common. I read up on here a while back that meter maids were the main ones giving out these types of tickets on Chicago street parking.

Old 10-15-2006 | 01:47 PM
|
Man, I hate these Cali Laws. I just read the back of the violation. All it says is to pay the fine which according to this it is 99.00. It doesnt say to have an officer sign it off or anything like my previous one on a different car. I guess its just the governments way of saying pay us you minions.

Old 10-15-2006 | 02:13 PM
I got the exact same thing while parked on the street in hollywood. I wasn't violating any parking rules, but they gave me a $27 (I think) no front plate ticket. At least it isn't a fix-it ticket and make me waste my time at the courthouse. I don't want a front plate, and until it becomes too commonplace, I'm just gonna eat the cost...F uck the front plate.

Old 10-15-2006 | 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by DRT_S14
To be honest i don't know if it was a cop or a security who gave me the ticket, but i do intendl to find out. Before i wasn't able to fight my tickets due to my busiy schedule. Now i am, so i guess i will fight this ticket.
Security cannot cite you for vehicle code violations.

Old 10-15-2006 | 02:32 PM
|
This ticket isn't a fix it ticket either. It's just that fact that i paid to have my safe in a parking building and instead i get a ticket. it seems as if someone there was going from car to car giving some type of violations. Doesn't these parking building have some type of rules to avoid this? i could simply pay the ticket like i always do,but its not the money it more that face that i wanna make a point to these guys.

Old 10-15-2006 | 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by 5150DS
Security cannot cite you for vehicle code violations.
yep. pay it and forget it.

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by DRT_S14
This ticket isn't a fix it ticket either. It's just that fact that i paid to have my safe in a parking building and instead i get a ticket. it seems as if someone there was going from car to car giving some type of violations. Doesn't these parking building have some type of rules to avoid this? i could simply pay the ticket like i always do,but its not the money it more that face that i wanna make a point to these guys.
Most license/registration laws apply to off highway parking facilities also. The owner's rules don't negate the state laws.

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:30 PM
No front plate...........so?

I don't understand how you can receive a ticket for
not having a front plate while your parked in a
secured structure. Damn metermaids anyway! I've
had notes from security personnel lift on my G for
not parking straight on an end spot....$8 per hour
jackasses!

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:49 PM
i thouhgt u couldnt get a ticket on private property???

Old 10-15-2006 | 04:51 PM
|
That's my point exactly. im gonna complain on monday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got a ticket violation (California)