The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Altered Atmosphere Angled Intake Plenum Spacer Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Altered Atmosphere Angled Intake Plenum Spacer Installed

I got the Altered Atmosphere Angled Intake Plenum Spacer installed this morning. Only took about 45 mins for them to install the spacer. Once done, I drove home and could immediately feel the difference. Can you feel the extra hp/tq? That's hard to say, but you can definately feel the difference. The G is more responsive and the exhaust note is a little deeper. Power is smooth throughout the rev band and the G seems very willing to rev. Needless to say, I definately think it was worth the price.

Other than the spacer, all I have on the car is the K&N panel filter.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrlesmd
I got the Altered Atmosphere Angled Intake Plenum Spacer installed this morning. Only took about 45 mins for them to install the spacer. Once done, I drove home and could immediately feel the difference. Can you feel the extra hp/tq? That's hard to say, but you can definately feel the difference. The G is more responsive and the exhaust note is a little deeper. Power is smooth throughout the rev band and the G seems very willing to rev. Needless to say, I definately think it was worth the price.

Other than the spacer, all I have on the car is the K&N panel filter.
Interesting...You need to get it Dyno'ed quick Also, how much does this set-up run ya? Also, why didn't you get the MREV+? I'm guessing price.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 PM
G&Z
o man, if there is finally a plenum that adds power all the way through the rev band i am on it tomorrow....

Old 01-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I know what you mean. I was a little skeptical of the hype. I've been through buying mods for my last car that didn't seem to make a difference, but I'm glad I bought this. Again, I don't know if it adds power (though it feels like it) but the car just feels like it breathes better, best I can say.

I got the AAM spacer because they're shop isn't far from me. It's funny because you read posts from others and some say the spacers are great, others say it doesn't do anything. All I can say is that it works for my car. It doesn't have any Iso thermal aspect, but it just makes my car breather better. I was also surprised that I felt it right away. I would have thought that the car would have needed some time to adjust. Maybe in a few days it'll be even better, or maybe worse. We'll have to see. Sometimes some mods are hit or miss, unfortunately.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
G&Z
a men brotha, you should post a dyno if you get a chance. there is so much talk about plenums on this site but only like 2 to choose from. you will be the first, just about with a dyno on this. do you have any other mods?