Horrible Fever WRX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Interesting perspective.

I always thought the man made the car, not the other way around.

There is plenty of evidence right here, right now of G Coupe owners falling into the 'speed racer' or 'racer boy' image you describe. There are plenty of WRX STi owners who enjoy their rally cars without driving like complete toolbags.

I love the WRX STi but it isn't for me. Too harsh. I'd likely go with the Legacy GT myself. Very similar performance, just as easy to mod, easier on the backside, and likely a less obvious target for the police.
Let me get this straight:

As of now, which car (G35 coupe / STi) has the better image? By better image, I mean a more mature, less teenage speed racer type of image.

It's not an interesting perspective if you face the facts.

There's a reason why insurances are so high for that vehicle... and the price of the vehicle is not the main factor.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would my G with a basic Vortech SC kit beat the STI?

Old 01-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by r6chiro
With 10 minute research, you'll find out that a Vortech G35 would easily embarrass any EVO, STi, M3, etc.

The question is, do you really have the money to buy a G35 coupe and spend around 6K for the Vortech?

Old 01-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Don't feel bad bro I think I had that bug too. I was thinking about an EVOIII but I am not a four door guy.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Let me get this straight:
As of now, which car (G35 coupe / STi) has the better image? By better image, I mean a more mature, less teenage speed racer type of image.
Honestly? In my opinion?

They are neck and neck. With the average content in the coupe forum degrading by the day, you could change the banner at the top to STiDriver and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I talked about how driver attitude and actions behind the wheel influence the insurance rates WE ALL have to pay yesterday. I was told 'that was part of life..' I love it when people half my age tell me what 'parts of life' are.. Hilarious.

I just called my agent (Allstate) just to see what the numbers looked like, and the cost for me to insure a WRX STi and G coupe are within spitting distance of each other, with the G on the high side. That corresponds with its slightly higher initial cost.

I think the only reason you don't see more street racing bull$hit here is because the moderators aren't as tolerant of it. I'm very appreciative of that, although most aren't.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

I rest my case. A slight adjustment and you have the average post in an STi forum..

Old 01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Retired SuperMod
Honestly? In my opinion?

They are neck and neck. With the average content in the coupe forum degrading by the day, you could change the banner at the top to STiDriver and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I talked about how driver attitude and actions behind the wheel influence the insurance rates WE ALL have to pay yesterday. I was told 'that was part of life..' I love it when people half my age tell me what 'parts of life' are.. Hilarious.

I just called my agent (Allstate) just to see what the numbers looked like, and the cost for me to insure a WRX STi and G coupe are within spitting distance of each other, with the G on the high side. That corresponds with its slightly higher initial cost.

I think the only reason you don't see more street racing bull$hit here is because the moderators aren't as tolerant of it. I'm very appreciative of that, although most aren't.

Here's the problem with your assumption:

Your in a "Enthusiast Forum"

It doesnt matter whether it's a G35 Forum, STi Forum, or Ferrari Forum; Your always gonna have "Speed Racers" in an enthusiast forum no matter what car.

I rarely get any G35 Coupe's trying to race me, or rev at me during a stoplight.

Without exageration, atleast half of the STi's that see me either tail gate me ,or rev at me.

In the real world, meaning not in Enthusiast forums such as this one, STi's and G35's are not even close in "Speed Racer" terms with comparison to an STi.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Retired SuperMod
Def. not a huge fan of the styling of the WRX. My g is a beautiful car. But performance wise it seems to pale in comparison. I am a doctor so I think the ricer teen image is the biggest issue i have with it also. But I am married and really shouldn't care what people think right?

BTW my G is just barely above the WRX in terms of teen ricer image according to the crowds we hang with. To escape that image, apparently you need to go Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Z06.. etc.

r6chiro,

I wouldnt go as far to call the STi a ricer.

I have also never heard anyonec all the G35 ricer, unless it was riced out by the owner.

The only thing im confused about is the fact that you're looking to chose between a G35 and an STi; Both of these car's are in such different markets. I understand buyinh both, one as your daily driver and the other as your "Fun" car. But to cross-market between both of these is odd.

It seems to me that performance is the main factor in your decision. I suggest you go for an STi in that case.

Both are great cars, but have totally different personalities.

Good luck with your decision, and I hope I helped.

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 01-26-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Here's the problem with your assumption:

Your in a "Enthusiast Forum"

It doesnt matter whether it's a G35 Forum, STi Forum, or Ferrari Forum; Your always gonna have "Speed Racers" in an enthusiast forum no matter what car.

I rarely get any G35 Coupe's trying to race me, or rev at me during a stoplight.

Without exageration, atleast half of the STi's that see me either tail gate me ,or rev at me.

In the real world, meaning not in Enthusiast forums such as this one, STi's and G35's are not even close in "Speed Racer" terms with comparison to an STi.

I barely see any G35 coupes where I live. I see STis all over the place. I don't even bother to notice if anyone 'revs' at me regardless of what they drive. I take pleasure in ignoring them - it bothers them far more than losing a race ever could. Really, who gives a fvck? Rev away, a$$hat. I'll race you to your next ticket, have a nice day.

You asked me MY impression. Rarely does a day go by when someone isn't posting about their street racing bull$hit over in the Coupe house. There's a freshie up right now about a guy in his coupe and Mustang GT.

If you try to equate this behavior with enthusiast forums in general, why don't you see the same population of BS racer boy posts in the sedan forum? The car is equally as fast if not faster, has the same pedigree, and is known for its above average performance by anyone who knows anything about imports.

I equate it to the mindset of the people behind the wheel.

I say again, the MAN makes the car, not the other way around. I know people (and I bet you do too) that own cars that will absolutely destroy a G35 who never act a fool on the street or worry about some teenage clown 'revving' at them (Oh god, someone revved at me! Let me whip out my tiny dick and defend myself.. )

Explain that one please, and we'll call it a day.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Retired SuperMod
I barely see any G35 coupes where I live. I see STis all over the place. I don't even bother to notice if anyone 'revs' at me regardless of what they drive. I take pleasure in ignoring them - it bothers them far more than losing a race ever could. Really, who gives a fvck? Rev away, a$$hat. I'll race you to your next ticket, have a nice day.

You asked me MY impression. Rarely does a day go by when someone isn't posting about their street racing bull$hit over in the Coupe house. There's a freshie up right now about a guy in his coupe and Mustang GT.

If you try to equate this behavior with enthusiast forums in general, why don't you see the same population of BS racer boy posts in the sedan forum? The car is equally as fast if not faster, has the same pedigree, and is known for its above average performance by anyone who knows anything about imports.

I equate it to the mindset of the people behind the wheel.

I say again, the MAN makes the car, not the other way around. I know people (and I bet you do too) that own cars that will absolutely destroy a G35 who never act a fool on the street or worry about some teenage clown 'revving' at them (Oh god, someone revved at me! Let me whip out my tiny dick and defend myself.. )

Explain that one please, and we'll call it a day.

I could also care less about anyone reving at me; But when someone starts tailgating me, im taking it personal, as it could endager me and any of my passengers.

Both of us know, that even though "The Man Makes The Car", it's gonna attract a certain crowd. Im not here stereotyping, saying that ALL STi owner's are the same.

But let's be realistic

I myself know a ton of STi/WRX owner's at my University Campus and elsewhere, and there seems to be a trend within them (not surpricingly).

There's also no need to show that much emotion on a civilized debate/argument (Chill Out! )

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 01-26-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

I could also care less about anyone reving at me; But when someone starts tailgating me, im taking it personal, as it could endager me and any of my passengers.

Both of us know, that even though "The Man Makes The Car", it's gonna attract a certain crowd. Im not here stereotyping, saying that ALL STi owner's are the same.

But let's be realistic

I myself know a ton of STi/WRX owner's at my University Campus and elsewhere, and there seems to be a trend within them (not surpricingly).

There's also no need to show that much emotion on a civilized debate/argument (Chill Out! )

You know me SB. For me, this is about as calm as it gets.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Retired SuperMod
You know me SB. For me, this is about as calm as it gets.
Biography:
Stubborn, Opinionated, Argumentative, Cynical

Yes! It is!

(Note to myself, beware of GeeWillikers )

Old 01-26-2007, 03:23 PM
you should most definetly look into a legacy. its a great car that can be made very quick and very nice with a lot less than what it takes to do the same with a g. theres even the spec B to look into. i was really close to getting a legacy but the g just looked better and looked more exclusive (at least where i live)

Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Skaterbasist wrote:
The question is, do you really have the money to buy a G35 coupe and spend around 6K for the Vortech?
I already own a G. Read more carefully. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it and go FI or get an STI, and if its a big mistake.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Biography:
Stubborn, Opinionated, Argumentative, Cynical

Yes! It is!

(Note to myself, beware of GeeWillikers )

LMAO. The truth hurts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horrible Fever WRX