The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Horrible Fever WRX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible Fever WRX

Tell me why I shouldn't do it and that I'm hallucinating from a fever or something!

I guess I'm just really bored of the G? I thought about adding a supercharger and or upgrading to an 06 but then I started looking at other cars and...

I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT TRADING THE G FOR AN '07 STI NOW!

I really loved my G and it is in great shape but...Everything I've read about modding STI's and comparisons sound so fun and exciting. I know they are little boxes on wheels but man do they handle and move!

Reasons I want one. I am tired of seeing a ton of G's here(El Paso). Mostly driven by girls BTW. There are no EVOs here. I like to ski-AWD. Better financing and interior than EVOs. Easy to mod and fast as hell. Fun tinker toys. 4 door for my little boys SPARCO car seat. Am I an idiot for even thinking about it?

Last edited by r6chiro; 01-26-2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:30 AM
The G35 is not meant for speed anyways and modding cost a cr@p load compare to a lot of either cars. However, if you do trade your g for a STi, you ll lose a lot of comfort.

I say trade it in for a STi, because this car clearly does not suit your needs.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Coupe
2bad LanEvo is better :shrug:

Old 01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
2bad LanEvo is better :shrug:
It is more expensive. Cheaper interior. Higher financing 6.99 vs 4.99 for 60 months. If you are gonna mod either one whats the diff. Every brand new evo engine I've looked at is all rusted just from sitting outside the dealerships. I hear its better handling and slightly faster stock, but a few mods should fix that?

Old 01-26-2007, 02:18 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Go drive one and see if you like the STI. Hell you're only young once. If you want something nicer, a Legacy GT turbo might do and you can perform nearly all the same mods.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
youre trippin dude. people with WRXs and STIs end up gettin Gs. lol go sell your G and get a STI... youll be back.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Wow... you said G35's in your city are driven by mostly women.

Im guessing your city population is 90% female then, because, TRUST ME, 9 out of 10 G35 Coupe driver's I see are males.

And im pretty sure that my city has the most G35's than any other city... by far (Los Angeles).

If you're looking into an STi, then you probably got the wrong car in the first place.

Personally, I'd never get an STi/Evo. I hate the image they carry; An image of a typical teenage "Speed Racers" and "Racer Boys".

I got the G35 Coupe 6MT because it's so damn good looking and has good performance for it's class. I'd rather be driving a man's car than a teenager's car.

Good luck with your decision anyway.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow so harsh, get the STi, if thats what you want the go with it, hey we are not going to be making your payments, so do what you want with your money.

I would get one but I don't like 4 doors. maybe if they come out with a 2 door in the states.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:35 AM
Drive one, if you like it, go for it.

If you regret it, then come back and get 2008 G35 coupe. It's simple

We only get to live once

Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Wow... you said G35's in your city are driven by mostly women.

Im guessing your city population is 90% female then, because, TRUST ME, 9 out of 10 G35 Coupe driver's I see are males.

And im pretty sure that my city has the most G35's than any other city... by far (Los Angeles).

If you're looking into an STi, then you probably got the wrong car in the first place.

Personally, I'd never get an STi/Evo. I hate the image they carry; An image of a typical teenage "Speed Racers" and "Racer Boys".

I got the G35 Coupe 6MT because it's so damn good looking and has good performance for it's class. I'd rather be driving a man's car than a teenager's car.

Good luck with your decision anyway.

Interesting perspective.

I always thought the man made the car, not the other way around.

There is plenty of evidence right here, right now of G Coupe owners falling into the 'speed racer' or 'racer boy' image you describe. There are plenty of WRX STi owners who enjoy their rally cars without driving like complete toolbags.

I love the WRX STi but it isn't for me. Too harsh. I'd likely go with the Legacy GT myself. Very similar performance, just as easy to mod, easier on the backside, and likely a less obvious target for the police.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
Interesting perspective.

I always thought the man made the car, not the other way around.

There is plenty of evidence right here, right now of G Coupe owners falling into the 'speed racer' or 'racer boy' image you describe. There are plenty of WRX STi owners who enjoy their rally cars without driving like complete toolbags.

I love the WRX STi but it isn't for me. Too harsh. I'd likely go with the Legacy GT myself. Very similar performance, just as easy to mod, easier on the backside, and likely a less obvious target for the police.
"Legacy

Legacy GT ?? I'm 62 and wouldn't be seen in one of those. Too GAY, but that's just me ( Guess I'm not thinkinking much of "lips" or "bums" either, HaHa)

Old 01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigguy2000
"Legacy

Legacy GT ?? I'm 62 and wouldn't be seen in one of those. Too GAY, but that's just me ( Guess I'm not thinkinking much of "lips" or "bums" either, HaHa)
What's gay about this? I prefer my G, but there isn't anything wrong with the GT IMO. Especially if you're looking for a car that's easy to modify (unlike the G - tons of money in = jack$hit out) and has a pretty impressive list of features. Decent price too.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by r6chiro
Tell me why I shouldn't do it and that I'm hallucinating from a fever or something!

I guess I'm just really bored of the G? I thought about adding a supercharger and or upgrading to an 06 but then I started looking at other cars and...

I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT TRADING THE G FOR AN '07 STI NOW!

I really loved my G and it is in great shape but...Everything I've read about modding STI's and comparisons sound so fun and exciting. I know they are little boxes on wheels but man do they handle and move!

Reasons I want one. I am tired of seeing a ton of G's here(El Paso). Mostly driven by girls BTW. There are no EVOs here. I like to ski-AWD. Better financing and interior than EVOs. Easy to mod and fast as hell. Fun tinker toys. 4 door for my little boys SPARCO car seat. Am I an idiot for even thinking about it?
if you can stand the look, the harsh ride, and the interior, I would say go for it! The look and the interior are the things that turned me off

Old 01-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Greatwars
if you can stand the look, the harsh ride, and the interior, I would say go for it! The look and the interior are the things that turned me off

Agreed! Looks like a "grocery getter" to me.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Def. not a huge fan of the styling of the WRX. My g is a beautiful car. But performance wise it seems to pale in comparison. I am a doctor so I think the ricer teen image is the biggest issue i have with it also. But I am married and really shouldn't care what people think right? I am getting rid of a Jeep Rubicon and the G35 to scale down car pmts for awhile. So my problem with just keeping the G is that I ski and rally so the AWD is def. a bonus.

BTW my G is just barely above the WRX in terms of teen ricer image according to the crowds we hang with. To escape that image, apparently you need to go Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Z06.. etc. I think it would be fun hanging with or beating those guys at the track in a car that costs half as much. Especially with them knowing I could afford a more expensive car but chose not to. I agree the WRX will def. attract a lot more police though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horrible Fever WRX