The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

how often do u get keyed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:51 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are a ton of G35s in So-cal....never seen one keyed. Why key it...its like keying a camry.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recall pissing anyone off that day?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The cars that I've seen get key'ed quite often (not being key'ed, but been key'ed) are cars that are parked where they take up two parking spaces (yes, this annoys me too), far away from other cars (this just yells "Hey, look at me! I'm special and need to be away from the other cars!"), and cars that are parked too close to other cars where they can't into their cars. Imagine how annoying it is when you get into your car and the guy next to you barely leaves enough room for you to get out? Anyways, I haven't gotten key'ed ever *knocks on wood* since I don't do any of the above and I have no door dings either.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
The cars that I've seen get key'ed quite often (not being key'ed, but been key'ed) are cars that are parked where they take up two parking spaces (yes, this annoys me too), far away from other cars (this just yells "Hey, look at me! I'm special and need to be away from the other cars!"), and cars that are parked too close to other cars where they can't into their cars. Imagine how annoying it is when you get into your car and the guy next to you barely leaves enough room for you to get out? Anyways, I haven't gotten key'ed ever *knocks on wood* since I don't do any of the above and I have no door dings either.
I cannot agree more, especially when its a Giant SUV- "I am going to take two spots cuz I drive a boat!" At my last apartment, my roommate used to take up two spots with his Navigator. I used to tease him that one day someone is going to key your car for parking in to spots like an ***. Later that month instead of keying his car they pissed on his drivers side door handle! I laughed for weeks!

Here in San Diego where most vehicles are SUV's combined with the "look at me I am better than you attitude" of southern California you see this all the time.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Damn dude, that's terrible!

I've never had my car keyed, but I park as far away as possible.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SanDiego
I cannot agree more, especially when its a Giant SUV- "I am going to take two spots cuz I drive a boat!" At my last apartment, my roommate used to take up two spots with his Navigator. I used to tease him that one day someone is going to key your car for parking in to spots like an ***. Later that month instead of keying his car they pissed on his drivers side door handle! I laughed for weeks!

Here in San Diego where most vehicles are SUV's combined with the "look at me I am better than you attitude" of southern California you see this all the time.
Yes, I agree too with regards to the Giant SUV's. Basically, anything that draws attention to your car will get you keyed, egged, etc. You don't even have to have an expensive car either. I've seen more SUVs that gets key'ed the most though. People just really hate those big bohemeth

Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
its not as bad as getting shot at least. i never got keyed, but got shot at -_-

Old 01-30-2007, 11:30 PM
ok i recently got keyed as well (passenger door). my keying looks like the pics posted by the op...how bad is it? like is that down to the metal? my body shop is insisting that it needs to be completely repainted but i keep reading that its possible to wetsand it and stuff...mine looks exactly like those pics except on my passenger door. can someone help and give their opinions. i wanna find away to avoid repainting. oh yeah, they also slashed my rear tire

Old 01-31-2007, 12:49 AM
bump! any help would be great..sorry if im thread jacking, too lazy to start a new thread

Old 01-31-2007, 01:30 AM
^yeah it's down to metal. and my mechanic says it's gonna cost 300 to repair it. man do i hate this. why does it have to happen right when my local meets start up for the semester? such gayness

Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
HA. i remember few years back at local college, took a summer class. I parked in the back where were not many cars. Everytime we walked to class, there was a corvette we would pass on the way, and he always took 2 parking spots. So few weeks later, we decided to leave a note "You might drive a Vette, but you cant part for ****". Havent seen him for week+ after that. And then BAM, he came back and still kept on taking 2 spots

but yea, moral of the story, we left a note

Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G35SanDiego
Do they intentionally take up two spots or they just can't park well? It's not easy seeing the lines from the driver's seat in these things.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:29 PM
OMG that's horrible! That's enough merits to commit murder!

-E