The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Infiniti has no "Infiniti" loaner program?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason@Riverside
At Riverside INFINITI we offer Loaner cars (IF AVAILABLE) if not we offer Hertz as well... We have many Loaner cars but we do run out when lots of cars are in the shop...

We offer loaner cars if more then 2 hours of labor are sold at menu price (For Brake Jobs, Larger Services etc)... Not for Oil Change or basic service... Those generally take an hour or so at MOST...

With Warranty repairs, depending on what is being done, we offer loaner cars / rentals as well...

Feel free to message me about any service needs and I will be more then happy to help you out with an appointment etc!
And this is the reason why I like to go to Infiniti of South Bay: They give loaners with even oil change. Also, they always have a car available when I make my appointment too, which is nice.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
I always get a G35 sedan or a FX35. N/C. All they ask is I bring it back with the same amount of fuel when I left.
I'm offered their loaners even with a simple oil change. If they can do the oil in less than an hour, I usually say no that's okay, thanks, I can wait. Then I just hang out and check out the new models, drink coffee and shoot the breeze with the service consultant about mods and/or parts manager about JDM. Even told them last time my wife loves those M35's and they said maybe next time they'll try to make that happen with my next loaner.

I'd be quite disappointed if I got stuffed into a Effin dirty old Hyundai. That's low class for the caliber of what Infiniti's customers should receive. I'd expect a comparable rental to the class of vehicles Infiniti sells. I'd complain and/or go to another Infiniti Dealer.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Polyester Pileup FTW!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I got an Infiniti loaner last time i went for service

Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
In Indy I get a G w/ free gas no matter what I am there for (as long as I make an appt).

Old 02-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a 2006 M35 w/only 3000 miles last time I got a loaner... Next time Im gonna ask for a Q or QX. And as far as gas goes, they just ask me to bring it back with enough for them to make it to the gas station.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
that never happened to me. i had a g35 sedan as a loaner while they were replacing my windshield and some dents.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
If you call in ahead and set up an appointment and arrange a loaner car, does the person picking up the vechile have to be 21+?

I remember when I had my Honda and some recall work had to be done, I went in and they gave me a loaner Civic even though I was under 21.

Does that apply for only recall work or any other prior made arrangements?

Old 02-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Believe it or not, some dealers do not sign up with Infiniti for the loaner program. Infiniti supports the dealers if they use Infiniti's and they offer free loaners for most everything with an appointment and not just an oil change. If I go for an oil change I wait for it and it takes less than 30 minutes. If all the loaners are out they use Enterprise at N/C to me. Fair enough. They can't have an unlimited fleet of loaners.

Old 02-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Be thankful that they are willing to rent a Hyundai for you. Over here they just shuttle you to your home or office and after that you're on your own, even for extended warranty service (unless it'll take more than 5 days)

Old 02-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, the factory doesn't have an 'official' loaner program. That's up to your dealer. I've found that if you make an appointment, you'll always get a loaner. Mine does G35 sedans, (like most others).

Without that appointment however it's hit or miss. Sorry to hear you missed one that day.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:13 AM
i have always gotten a loaner new g35. Only if i have an appoitnment though, kinda hard to get a loaner on short notice, if they dont have a loaner without an appointment i think they can take you to w/e destination you need to be at...

Old 02-05-2007, 01:49 PM
g45
do really u have to be 21 years old to gat a loaner car ???

Old 02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
sorry about your experience. i had something similar happen to me. long story short... they had me held up for 2 hours. i have a job too... this kind of service is inexcusable in my mind.

here is infiniti's blurb on loaner cars:
When I bring in my vehicle for warranty service, will there be a loaner vehicle available?
When you make an appointment and drop off your Infiniti for warranty service at participating dealers, a complimentary Infiniti Service Loan Car* will be waiting.

* Subject to availability. Available only during the 4-year/60,000 mile Basic Coverage. The client must be 21 years of age or older with a valid U.S. driver's license. The client must provide proof of primary insurance. Other restrictions apply to loan car including mileage use and days use limitations. This program is subject to change without notice at any time.
http://www.infiniti.com/ownership/warranty_faq.html#AS4

if u'd like to see what happened to me... u can click here.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I just dropped off my car at the Stealership (Infiniti of South Bay, in Southern California). So, here's my Story:

So, I called the Stealership on Saturday 02/03/06 at about 10:30 in the morning, since my car got the Service Engine Soon light (drove fine, don't know what is wrong with it) on Friday Night. So, they said they are all booked for Saturday (which I expected). I asked if I can drop off my car and have them look it on Monday, since I usually come home after the service dept. is close on weekdays. They said they have no loaners since they were booked for Saturday (makes sense, since they shouldn't have any loaners if they can't fix your car on the same day for being completely booked). So, I said thanks and will try and make it in on Monday before it closes and have a loaner available too. She said, "Well, what I can do is give you a call if I get a loaner coming back today so you can drop off you car". I said that's nice.

At about 4 pm on Saturday afternoon, they called and said they got a couple of loaners that were returned and I can drop off my car before 5 (since that is the time they close). I dropped off my car, and lo-and-behold, I got a loaner. Get this, it's an 07 Diamond Graphite with premium with only 1300 miles. Man, how I miss the nastolgia of the smell of new leather I said "Hey, let me make sure it has enough gas" and was plesantly surprised on the car (even had premium package on it). Kinda cool walking up to the car, having the keys in my pocket, and just pressing the little button on the doorhandle and it opens with a little *beep beep*. Also, pressing the start to start the car is kinda cool too (don't know if I would pay 2K for all this though). I would give you guys a detailed Impression of the car, but I'll leave it on another thread.

The service guy said he won't be back until tuesday so if that is ok for me to keep the loaner until then, I said Sure and that it'll give me time to try out the new car. He said "yeah, it's a nice car...have fun with it". Yes, it did have enough fuel for 4 days for me. The 07 has this "miles until empty" on the LCD screen and it had 80 miles til empty. So, that was fine.

To sum it up, it's all dependent on the dealer. This isn't Infiinti's fault if you don't get a loaner. Once again, Infiniti of South Bay came through. Although now, I'll have to wait to see what the SES is all about.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:57 PM
wow.. so many dealerships seem very nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti has no "Infiniti" loaner program?!