The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Infiniti has no "Infiniti" loaner program?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverII
I have always gotten G35's as loaners....however, if they are out of loaners, it is not un-common that they send you to a rental place

yup.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STEVE-O
In Indy I get a G w/ free gas no matter what I am there for (as long as I make an appt).
I believe it's only for customers WHO bought their Infiniti on that dealership, otherwise, it would always a rental car imo...

Unless of course, if you do some major service on that dealer which gonna takes 2+ hours.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Greatwars
I believe it's only for customers WHO bought their Infiniti on that dealership, otherwise, it would always a rental car imo...

Unless of course, if you do some major service on that dealer which gonna takes 2+ hours.
See my two posts in this thread. I bought my car at Glendale Infiniti, and taken my car to Infiniti of South Bay. I think they may give you a hard time if you did buy it some where else, but so far, not Infiniti South Bay. In fact, I told them I didn't buy it there and they said "Oh, no problem, we'll give you the 7500 tune-up free of charge". Well, maybe they just wanted me to start going there instead of Glendale?

Old 02-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
See my two posts in this thread. I bought my car at Glendale Infiniti, and taken my car to Infiniti of South Bay. I think they may give you a hard time if you did buy it some where else, but so far, not Infiniti South Bay. In fact, I told them I didn't buy it there and they said "Oh, no problem, we'll give you the 7500 tune-up free of charge". Well, maybe they just wanted me to start going there instead of Glendale?
Each dealer is different. My reply was to steve-O who also lives in Indy.
I always go to another dealer in Greenwood, IN since it was closer to Bloomington, IN and I was from Bloomington, IN before I move in to Indy... I know some people there hence I prefer to drive it there (Greenwood) plus it's smaller than the one in Indy thus I can get faster service ... the owner of both dealers is the same (same dealer name "rainbold").... both dealers also sell BMW and my friend owns a X5 in which he bought before he moved to Indy .... when he got a major service for his X5, he got a loaner from Hertz also (Malibu).... his dealer said, "only BMW owners who bought their BMW from this dealer is going to get BMW as a loaner".

On my Greenwood dealer, I usually also get Hertz loaner ... only when I do major service then I would get another G35 , but that maybe because I've already known some the the people over there.

edit- I dont get a loaner with just an oil change.

Last edited by Greatwars; 02-05-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:23 AM
I dropped my car off last week to get the transmission looked at and I ended up with a brand new 07 G Sedan for 2 days.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Not only did I get a loaner--the delivered it to my office and picked up my car. The only issue I had was when I picked my car back up it had some scratches on it...they wanted me to bring it back to have them buffed out. I told him when they do my first 3000 mile oil change they could do it then.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Nissan/Infiniti here say you get an Infiniti as a loaner...but i went for my 3 and 6 month service and both times an Altima...I have my 9 month next week...we'll see if they give an infiniti....

Old 02-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by topramen78
Hmmm ... if that's true it would have been nice if they just communicated that to me. This is my first major service with Infiniti and they made it seem like this is standard practice.

All they needed to say was "I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are all out of Infiniti loaners today. But we'd be happy to take you to Hertz and have someone there help you get into a car while we work on yours."

Done. And I'm happy.

My dealer has always asked if I want the loaner to come to my house? I say no thanks. I can see it now. Some young man banging gears in my G..nope..thats for me to do

Old 02-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Well, I just dropped off my car at the Stealership (Infiniti of South Bay, in Southern California). So, here's my Story:

So, I called the Stealership on Saturday 02/03/06 at about 10:30 in the morning, since my car got the Service Engine Soon light (drove fine, don't know what is wrong with it) on Friday Night. So, they said they are all booked for Saturday (which I expected). I asked if I can drop off my car and have them look it on Monday, since I usually come home after the service dept. is close on weekdays. They said they have no loaners since they were booked for Saturday (makes sense, since they shouldn't have any loaners if they can't fix your car on the same day for being completely booked). So, I said thanks and will try and make it in on Monday before it closes and have a loaner available too. She said, "Well, what I can do is give you a call if I get a loaner coming back today so you can drop off you car". I said that's nice.

At about 4 pm on Saturday afternoon, they called and said they got a couple of loaners that were returned and I can drop off my car before 5 (since that is the time they close). I dropped off my car, and lo-and-behold, I got a loaner. Get this, it's an 07 Diamond Graphite with premium with only 1300 miles. Man, how I miss the nastolgia of the smell of new leather I said "Hey, let me make sure it has enough gas" and was plesantly surprised on the car (even had premium package on it). Kinda cool walking up to the car, having the keys in my pocket, and just pressing the little button on the doorhandle and it opens with a little *beep beep*. Also, pressing the start to start the car is kinda cool too (don't know if I would pay 2K for all this though). I would give you guys a detailed Impression of the car, but I'll leave it on another thread.

The service guy said he won't be back until tuesday so if that is ok for me to keep the loaner until then, I said Sure and that it'll give me time to try out the new car. He said "yeah, it's a nice car...have fun with it". Yes, it did have enough fuel for 4 days for me. The 07 has this "miles until empty" on the LCD screen and it had 80 miles til empty. So, that was fine.

To sum it up, it's all dependent on the dealer. This isn't Infiinti's fault if you don't get a loaner. Once again, Infiniti of South Bay came through. Although now, I'll have to wait to see what the SES is all about.

Haha, samething happned to me. I took my car in for service last week and they gave me an 07 black g35 sedan as a loaner. The smart key is so cool, you don't even have to take your keys out of your pocket. ANyways, I've been driving it for the past 4 days and it's such an awesome car.