The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Did I get ripped off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I get ripped off?

EDIT: EVERYTHING HAS BEEN SQUARED AWAY, THE SELLER HAS AGREED TO THE REQUESTED REFUND AND I AM NOW HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THIER SUPPORT AND TO JEFF FOR HIS TIME AND RESEARCH TO HELP ME GATHER SOME HISTORY ON THIS SITUATION.

ERIC THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING... THE WAS JUST A BID MISUNDERSTANDING / MISCOMMUNICATION

I need everyone's opinion. I bought a used Ztube and JWT pop charger from a member of this forum. When the package arrived, here's what I noticed.

Z tube - good shape, very happy with it.
JWT heat shield, foam was ripping off, but hey, it was used what can you do.
Air filter... it is red and says BOMZ RACING on the end. (cheap e#ay filter)
Connector to the MAF looked cheap and two of the "threaded" holes were stripped.

I contacted the seller and he agrees to give me 30 dollars toward the purchase of a real JWT filter (60+shipping) (I figure I was expecting a used filter, 30 dollars was more than fair to both of us).

When the new filter arrives, I realize it has a 6 inch opening... the MAF adapter and old filter is a 3 inch opening... hmmm... not a JWT MAF funnel I thought... I called JWT again and asked why it didn't fit and I found out that not only the filter was fake, so was the adaptor / funnel piece.

I contact the seller again. He says that he thought it was a real JWT popcharger, he helped me out with the filter and he doesn't think he is responsible for helping with the purchase of a real JWT funnel that attaches the filter to the MAF. He says, because he didn't know the difference, he shouldn't be held accountable. I responded that this was nonsense... he has yet to reply.

I am not getting into specifics on "who" yet, because he still has a chance to make this right... if not, I will make everyone aware of who this is... even if he doesn't rip people off unintentionally... you will most likely end up with crap.

What do you think... am I in the wrong for wanting more money back, after finding out that what he sent me was a JWT heat shield and a cheap imitiation filter and funnel?
What else can I do... Can I contact paypal about this?

Last edited by pennektj; 07-20-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You should know what you are buying but on the other hand, the seller should know what he's selling. You should have just returned the stuff for a full refund vs trying to make it right.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You should know what you are buying but on the other hand, the seller should know what he's selling. You should have just returned the stuff for a full refund vs trying to make it right.
+1

BTW, I commend you for not puting this user on blast, You are right for asking for a refund since you did not recieve the product you were believed to be buying. the seller has no excuse for saying "I thought it was..." you should know what you're selling before you sell.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I told him that I would like to return the stuff for a refund and he said that I could send it back, but he wouldn't refund the money. He thinks I am unhappy because it is in used condition... I could care less about that, I am unhappy because he sent me a cheap imitation.

If you order Oakleys from me and I sent you FOakleys and you found out about it when you tried to order new lenses or something... should you be to blamed for not recognizing before you ordered it?

Old 07-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Red Card Crew

If he refused, I'd be wiping his **** all over these forums.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Time to recover........!

Now that you've jumped thru all the hoops let's try to get the balance of
you $ back from the pop-off. At least the Z-tube works, positive thinking!
I love my Stillen CAI and it's top quality all the way, plus it contains a giant
K&N filter. Maybe buying used parts isn't always a good idea if you can't
see them prior to purchase......we live....we learn! I've sold two exhaust
systems and my chrome OEM wheels without any issues but the customers
could always see what they were buying. You can buy the Stillen CAI I
referred to at either www.everythingg35.com or from my buddys at Riverside
Infiniti at 1-800-919-8130.....Jason or Tony are stand up guys!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I sent him an IM this morning... I am going to give him until end of the day tomorrow to respond... If there is no response, I will make everyone aware of the situation and who to be wary of before buying from.

Do I have a leg to stand on with paypal? Can I get money back or have his account dinged? ( I am not sure of the what paypal can do in this situation)

Old 07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Gary, Thanks for the information on the CAI. Unfortunately, I originally only thought the filter was the issue, so I bought the JWT filter from JWT... now that I have the filter, I had to buy the adapter (just order yesterday)... so I basically have a complete pop charger... (I bought everything new but the heatshield and that is in rough shape. I am pretty much married to this combination for now.

I figured... how used could in intake be... the answer... so used that it isn't even the intake you though you were buying!

Old 07-17-2007, 02:51 PM
did u pay with debt or credit. File a claim asap to hold the funds first before he withdraws them. then paypal can't do anything. If you paid with credit, ask your CC company to cancel transaction or hold funds. They will take it out from paypal directly, and its either paypal that eats the loss, or they'll find some way to make the seller pay up.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately enough time has passed that the funds have been taken out of paypal. I really wished he would just man up and make this right. Unfortunately he lives all the way across the country (Cali vs. Ohio) or I would drive over there and try to talk things out

Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I already apologized to him for not knowing what I've sold(Filter only). When I listed the product, it was described "As IS."

Originally Posted by mixturepinoy
+1

BTW, I commend you for not puting this user on blast, You are right for asking for a refund since you did not recieve the product you were believed to be buying. the seller has no excuse for saying "I thought it was..." you should know what you're selling before you sell.
Just to make it clear, The only product he DID NOT receive that he intended to buy from me was Pop Charger filter, which I gave him the partial refund back as requested by the buyer.

Last edited by badlittleboy007; 07-17-2007 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Red Card Crew

I looked at your for sale. There's no way from that one pic to tell it wasn't a TRUE JWT unit.

You have to realize that w/o the pop's maf adaptor, the filter is useless. So what he "actually" bought is different than what he intended to buy. What he INTENDED to buy were parts to make the sale complete and to make the sale a "JWT intake". Which at this point is not.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by pennektj
I told him that I would like to return the stuff for a refund and he said that I could send it back, but he wouldn't refund the money. He thinks I am unhappy because it is in used condition... I could care less about that, I am unhappy because he sent me a cheap imitation.

If you order Oakleys from me and I sent you FOakleys and you found out about it when you tried to order new lenses or something... should you be to blamed for not recognizing before you ordered it?
The product I sent you was made by JWT except the filter.

If he refused, I'd be wiping his **** all over these forums.
Jeff, There are always two sides of a story. I bought this combo from another member on this forum about a year ago. I kind of blame myself for not knowing the difference between popcharger filter and regular filter. I believe I already made up with him for that. If you look at my itrader rating as compare to seller's rating, I have already established myself in this community. What do I get out of this for ripping some stranger off for measly $30 bucks?? If I didnt list it "as it", I already would have refunded another $30.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:48 PM
What you supplied me was not a MAF adaptor from JWT... it absolutely could not have been from JWT, as their filter has a six inch opening and the one you sent had a 3 inch opening (filter and MAF adaptor).

As is... means no warranty implied... it does not cover you from selling someone something that isn't as described... regardless of whether you knew or it not. Just because you thought it was a JWT pop charger, doesn't give you the right to pass it off as one.

If it is a measly $30 to you... refund it to me... it will make this whole thing better. When I get my new MAF funnel, the right one, I will take pictures side by side and show you there is no way this came from JWT.

You aren't going to win this be having another side of the story... you sent me two pieces of crap and only made up for one of them.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:53 PM
BTW, I had every intention of keeping your identity private and would have been more than happy to have continued to provide positive feedback on your iTrader, had you just made this right...

I still will be positive about this, if you make it right. I am just asking you to cover half of the cost for me to buy an item that I already paid you once for and didn't get.

If you give me 30 more... you will have refunded 60 total... which means you made 65 selling a JWT Heat Shield, Ztube and a cheap filter and non JWT MAF adapter. I don't think that is too one sided.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Did I get ripped off?