G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

lease end returns

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lease end returns

Hi

As the title says, I will be handing my car back in 2 months. Yesterday, some f'ing idiot backed into my car and left. Now I hv a small dent on the
the back wheel well on the passenger side. It is nothing big. Just a dent
the size of a nickle and some minor scratches.

How's Infiniti with lease end returns? Are they pretty strict? Any experiences? I don't plan to re-lease with infiniti (335i, baby!).
Should I just get it fixed or just wait until the inspector says something?
But if he notices, will he force me to get it fixed at a stealership instead of
doing it outside?

Old 08-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a similar ding on my qtr panel, some a$$hat with an suv dinged it, about the size of a quarter with a small scratch in the center. I plan on releasing another infiniti, and I've heard that they give you some slack when you lease another car from them, if not, IDK, depends on the dealer.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by WRXXX
Hi

As the title says, I will be handing my car back in 2 months. Yesterday, some f'ing idiot backed into my car and left. Now I hv a small dent on the
the back wheel well on the passenger side. It is nothing big. Just a dent
the size of a nickle and some minor scratches.

How's Infiniti with lease end returns? Are they pretty strict? Any experiences? I don't plan to re-lease with infiniti (335i, baby!).
Should I just get it fixed or just wait until the inspector says something?
But if he notices, will he force me to get it fixed at a stealership instead of
doing it outside?
The nickle size's dent shouldnt be a issue, if its only one on that panel, I would wait till pre-inspection and Infiniti usually allow up to $500 on wear and tear...Other option, check what BMW dealership willing to give you on the trade, if its same as your "payoff" amount? just trade it in then and you dont have to worry about any wear and tear or over mileage chages.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
The nickle size's dent shouldnt be a issue, if its only one on that panel, I would wait till pre-inspection and Infiniti usually allow up to $500 on wear and tear...Other option, check what BMW dealership willing to give you on the trade, if its same as your "payoff" amount? just trade it in then and you dont have to worry about any wear and tear or over mileage chages.
I didn't know you could trade in a lease to a different dealer

Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by kyazh
I didn't know you could trade in a lease to a different dealer
Yes sir, you most certainly can, you could do same as if you had finaced, sell it/trade it to whomever you like.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
not true... most dealers only let you drop off your lease if you bought it there. you only get $500 damage waiver if you lease or buy another Infiniti...

call up IFS and schedule a free preinspection. if you are leasing through a third party bank they most likely will charge for every pretty ding especially curb rash. that's why I don't deal with HANN or other banks...they'll rape you bad... $200 for a wheel with curb rash, charge u for ripped undercarriage plastics....u get the point.

IFS 18006274437 and ask for lease maturity department

Old 08-15-2007, 01:25 AM
nsv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am returning my lease in August. They will waive my damages as I plan on purchasing another Infiniti.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by da mayor
not true... most dealers only let you drop off your lease if you bought it there. you only get $500 damage waiver if you lease or buy another Infiniti...

call up IFS and schedule a free preinspection. if you are leasing through a third party bank they most likely will charge for every pretty ding especially curb rash. that's why I don't deal with HANN or other banks...they'll rape you bad... $200 for a wheel with curb rash, charge u for ripped undercarriage plastics....u get the point.

IFS 18006274437 and ask for lease maturity department
??? not sure if it was direct to my reply, if it is? I wasnt talking about where you can return it to when the term is up, when the term is up? you are no longer "own" the car so you can not trade it or sell it. I was point it out to OP that he can avoid some possible high excess wear and tear charges or over mileage charges, by trade it or sell it to anyone anywhere before the term is up.

When the term is up? you have no option but return it and faces those extra charges and the lease end disposal fee of 295 or higher with certain company or buy it out for the residual amount, even by doing that? some dealerships will still try to charge you for some "inspection" fee to check your car at their service dept.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by limeg35
??? not sure if it was direct to my reply, if it is? I wasnt talking about where you can return it to when the term is up, when the term is up? you are no longer "own" the car so you can not trade it or sell it. I was point it out to OP that he can avoid some possible high excess wear and tear charges or over mileage charges, by trade it or sell it to anyone anywhere before the term is up.

When the term is up? you have no option but return it and faces those extra charges and the lease end disposal fee of 295 or higher with certain company or buy it out for the residual amount, even by doing that? some dealerships will still try to charge you for some "inspection" fee to check your car at their service dept.
the dealership doesn't do inspections.... Infiniti Financial Services sends out their own inspectors... and the dealership doesn't own your leased car -- IFS does... IFS doesn't have a disposal fee... most outside banks do.

if you plan to buy out your lease you would have to contact the bank to get the payoff amount then buy it, and pay tax on that amount.... you can't have someone that isn't on the lease contract to buy out your car-- i hope that answers your questions