The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Serious about bying a used G - questions follow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious about bying a used G - questions follow

Looking at buying a new or used G35 and keeping payment around $400 a month with about $3,000 down payment. I have a newborn son so wondering about room in coupe for car seat, stroller, etc.

Used is probably the way I'll go, so what years coupes/ sedans are best to buy?

Oil problem - what models are affected?

What is REVUP and what models is/was it offered?

First mod will be wheels. Would like wheels with about a 2-3 inch lip on rear, is this possible with X sedan and how big can I go on X sedan?

Car audio is a hobby, any problems with new head units and integration?

I have searched on here and answered some questions not listed.

Located in Eastern Kentucky, anyone with a G on this board close and anyone know best dealership to buy from within 200 miles of zip 41514?

Thanks in advance for answers/suggestions.

Last edited by next; 08-17-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Mannnn, i keep suggesting to get a better search engine in here but nOooooOo

Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Did I post in the wrong part of the forum?

Old 08-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Did I make someone mad? Or am I just looking in the wrong place

Old 08-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably just wrong forum...I am not very knowledgeable on your questions, search bit more on each sub section of the forum, would produce more/better anwsers...

The oil issue tend to effect more on 05 and on, but there has been post that few 03 have that issue as well.

The Rev up motor is on 05 and later's 6MT, as they bump up the red line by 2~300 RPMs? not sure if its on sedan tho. check out either coupe or sedan section for more answers.

How big of rims you can go? check out wheel section or sedan section and post that question there, you will get more answers. by the way, when you first post it, you were asking for 1 inch lip, I was like WTH? whats the point, cus the stock rims already have 1 inch lip.

To put new or aftermarket HU in stock location? you would need an double din converson kit, basically an stand alone AC contraller and new trim bracket/face plate, you can also add another HU in that center cubby hole, without buying DD kit, few ppl here have done just that, check out audio section for where and how to get those parts.

For which dealership to go to in your area? post that question in regional (southeast?) section.

Sorry I could not give you more precise answer for your questions.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
As for the newborn seat, I had the same issue. It steered me to the sedan. I tink a seat will fit in the rear of a coupe depending on how tall those in front are and how far back they keep their seats. It'll be a pain in the rear though bending over to get the child into it. Test drive a coupe and see what I mean. There is plenty of room and it's easy to deal with a child seat in the rear of a sedan.
I have a 2005 with no oil issues at all at 35k miles.
As for dealers, go to the www.infiniti.com site and type in your zip code. I'm pretty sure there's one in Lexington. If buying used, search at www.cars.com and through www.edmunds.com and make the search radius pretty wide- call them or e-mail them and they will let you know when they get a car in like you want.
I live in western KY and found mine by web searching at the dealer in St. Louis but there were plenty of used car dealers with them all over.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
If I were you I'd look at the overall cost of the vehicle as opposed to or perhaps in addition to how much it will cost per month. My preference is to have the vehicle paid off as soon as possible.

A couple years ago I put down half the cost of the vehicle and financed the rest for 3 years. Because it was used, my monthly payments weren't that high so I was able to save up and pay it off within a year.

My car had 1 year new car warranty and 3 years left on the power train so I felt comfortable buying it. I also had it inspected by a 3rd party and ran a carfax.

The older the car, the less features you'll get but the older Gs are also significantly lighter in weight depending on how they are equipped.

I have not had any oil consumption issues thus far.

Good luck!

Last edited by Woblin_Goblin; 08-17-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:24 PM
There is room in the back for a baby seat, and my 10-year old fits fine back there so there is room for your child to grow into the car. However, getting him in and out every day would be annoying. I'd get a sedan for that reason.
Don't forget Ebay and Autotrader.com when looking for your cars. Many dealers sell on these sites also.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Sedan is great for a baby/toddler. I keep our 40 pound graco stroller in there - to better balance the weight distribution (wink). Fits with a little fanagling and if you pull the top clips off of the cargo net. The seat fits fine with plenty of room for our growing machine. I wouldn't put the seat in the middle however. Forget the coupe unless bringing junior along is a rare thing.