G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Earthquake in Japan halts Infiniti production

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Earthquake in Japan halts Infiniti production

Hey guys,

I have ordered an 08 Garnet Amber G35x with premium/nav/tech/wood package to be delivered from Japan at the end of september/beggining of october of this year. A few days ago I called my dealer up to get an actual date of its arrival and he told me that there was an earthquake in Japan and it halted production of the G all through out August and there is a definite two month delay on my car.

I traded in my car two months ago becuase they were giving me a good price becuase the new model of that same car started at just $2000 more so before its value depreciated even-i thought id trade it in as a down payment and pay the remaining balance upon delivery of the car. Now im fighting the dealership to give me a loaner for the period of the delay and they gave me a flat out "NO."

This is probably a long shot but do any of you know an ETA of the 2008 G?

Thanks guys I really appreciate it.....

Old 09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
I have no official information but I have a friend who wants an 08 and he has been told it'll be Oct/Nov before they will be in dealers.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Taiwan Hit By 6.6 Earthquake

9/6/2007 1108 PM An earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale hit northeastern Taiwan early Friday morning, followed by an aftershock of 5.7 four minutes later, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage, seismologists said.

The first quake struck at 1:51 a.m. local time, with the epicenter in the sea 74.6 kilometers to the southeast of Ilan, a city on the northeastern coast, and 27 kilometers below sea level, according to Central Weather Bureau statistics. At 3:32 a.m., a tremor measuring 3.9 rocked Taitung in southeast Taiwan.

Taiwan lies on the circum-Pacific seismic belt, where 68 per cent of the world's quakes occur. Most of the earthquakes which hit Taiwan occur off the east coast because of friction between the Eurasian Plate and the Philippine Plate, but generally cause little or no damage. Taiwan can experience more than 200 quakes each year, with several of them measuring 6 or even higher on the Richter scale.

Typhoon Fitow Wreaks Havoc In Japan

9/6/2007 1029 PM One of the most powerful typhoons to hit Japan in recent memory has brought Tokyo to a standstill as Typhoon Fitow continued to cut a path of chaos across the western Pacific Ocean.

Fitow made landfall in the Kanagawa prefecture, just south of the capital, shortly before 2:30 a.m. Friday local time. It then shifted north and through Tokyo, creating downpours and violent winds.

Accompanied by winds clocked at 85 miles per hour, the storm has toppled trees, scattered branches and caused power outages as it moved across the region. On the west side of Yokota, a large tree fell on a van parked across the street from Yokota West Elementary School. More than 8 inches of rain have fallen on Yokota since Tuesday night, including some precipitation from before Fitow's arrival, causing rivers to swell and overflow. Local media reports say dozens of people have been injured.

Fitow has thoroughly disrupted airline and train service. Nippon Airways canceled all flights between Tokyo's Haneda airport and airports in the Izu island chain in the Pacific. Also, the Central Japan Railway Company has temporarily halted runs on the Tokaido Shinkansen Line between Shin-Fuji and Kakegawa stations in Shizuoka Prefecture.

The typhoon also had an effect on Friday's market trading as the Nikkei 225 got off to a slow start because so many commuters and traders were delayed.

In addition, high waves and strong winds stopped petroleum shipments by refineries near Tokyo Bay. Idemitsu Kosan Co., Japan's second-biggest oil refiner, halted shipping operations at its 220,000-barrel-a-day Chiba refinery. Cosmo Oil Corp. also stopped berthing operations at its 240,000-barrel-a-day facility in Chiba.

Fitow's power has been compared to Typhoon Tokage, Japan's deadliest typhoon in a quarter century, which killed dozens of people in October 2004. A record 10 tropical storms and typhoons hit Japan that year, killing more than 60 people and causing billions of dollars of damage.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
my '08 was scheduled to arrive 11/7 as of 2 weeks ago. My call wasn't returned today however when i asked about an updated delivery date.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went in to order a Blue Slate/Graphite X with the sport package and was told that there hasn't been an official release date for that package on the G. I wasn't in a hurry to get rid of my DG 05X, but after learning of the X with a sport package, I couldn't resist.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by RichK
I went in to order a Blue Slate/Graphite X with the sport package and was told that there hasn't been an official release date for that package on the G. I wasn't in a hurry to get rid of my DG 05X, but after learning of the X with a sport package, I couldn't resist.

The ordering window, I was told from my dealer this month, was 9/6/ to 9/9. I also was going to order a G35x with sport but he said it was not offered this time around. Maybe next month.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Just an update...

my delivery date jumped UP to 10/7/07 from 11/7/07. 1 month LESS wait... woooo!!. Possibly even less the dealer said.

It appears the information you were given was false.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's great news. I hope I don't have to wait too long for the 08 X sport. Really looking forward to the new ride.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by KCMO
Just an update...

my delivery date jumped UP to 10/7/07 from 11/7/07. 1 month LESS wait... woooo!!. Possibly even less the dealer said.

It appears the information you were given was false.

You have a G35x (AWD) with sport package coming in on 10/7/07?