The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What are ricers? Defind what's to be Ricey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M@rCo
The funky grills and the funky wide body fiberglass bondo add ons.

I'll agree that the grill looks bad...but how the fvck is a widebody kit rice?
because asking the question IS the answer.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
there are very few "rice" G's on this site

and very few rice body kits

just get a properly fitting body kit/ and grill

no neon
and no huge *** wing

Old 10-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
That Widebody G Looks So Nice But Not Feeling The Grill

Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
ricers usually have 9 gears. the top gear only tops out at 87 mph.
hahhaa, this is so true!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
I love how the definitions of rice don't apply if its done to a G, if half of those mods in the above posts were on a Civic, you guys would be very quick to call it rice. Oh the hypocrisy...

I'd have to agree. It's amusing.

I maybe wouldn't go as far to say that the above pictures are "ricey" but definitely no taste IMO.

2 tone never looks good unless it's on an old muscle car.
That wing is TERRIBLE.
The white one's front end isn't too bad, but wtf is that trunk?
Lambo doors? Enough said.
Widebody kit wouldn't have looked too bad if it had stock fenders, hood, and different grille and bumper.
Never a fan of rims that were the color of the rainbow.

I'll throw in one more.

Not feeling this at all. I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say if a Civic, Accord, Eclipse, etc, had that type of rear bumper on it the picture would be plastered with rice everywhere.

The color is ridiculous the rims don't fit the car at all. Not my taste.

But I will say looking through the pictures on this forum there are a lot of CLEAN Gs, but there are an occasional few WTFs.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I love how the definitions of rice don't apply if its done to a G, if half of those mods in the above posts were on a Civic, you guys would be very quick to call it rice. Oh the hypocrisy...
So very true.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:03 AM
You guys are forgetting that 60% of this forum is no different than your typical Fast and the Furious ricer. They will defend those ugly riced out G35s until the sun comes up :lol:

Old 10-17-2007, 01:11 AM
brb getting cut
Originally Posted by AdamJ
You guys are forgetting that 60% of this forum is no different than your typical Fast and the Furious ricer. They will defend those ugly riced out G35s until the sun comes up :lol:
I don't defend any riced out G's. I don't call them out either, but I definitely know of a couple of riced out G's.

I'll just keep that to myself, though.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 AM
teamsolo.net im-integline
Oohh no. You guys will for sure think my new G will be rice then. Ohh well to each is their own. If its made for the car, installed properly and isn't hideous sounding/looking, then its not a big deal.

most kids don't have 50K+ or 100K+ jobs to buy anything they wanted, so they make due. Its when they go to pepboys and F$$$ up their cars with BS mods. Tasteful civics are just as nice as G's, muscle cars etc. I just enjoy all things that move if they are done properly.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by M.I.A. BlazinVQ
Also, here are two different definitions for your reading pleasure:

1. RICERS

Any teenager or young adult who takes a japaneese import car, ususally a Honda, and adds relitivly cheap aftermarket parts that have no effect on engine performance. Such parts are aftermarket exhaust, intakes, wings, lights, and stickers. Most commonly added are NOS and VTEC Sitckers. When the hood is lifted however the engine isn't a VTEC and there is no Nitrous Oxide system Installed.

When challenged to a race ricers will almost always and laugh and drive away with there exhaust making you deaf for a tempary amount of time. On occasion a ricer will make the mistake of pulling up with the Rap blaring and ask a guy in a small low powered car to "rice" becasue they can't say race. The person will almost always decline the "rice" but if they accecpt they will win because the ricer drives his car in first gear only becasue it is louder than the higher gears.

I could beat any ricer in my rusty old corsica. Execpt I wouldn't wake up the neighboorhood with my exhaust.[/I]
I'd have to disagree here... the ricer will always be the one to pull up to you either on public roads or in the middle of heavy stop and go traffic, reving at you, wanting to race. Normal people will take a look at the ricer's car and be the ones laughing... Those of us that are older or have been around long enough to see the tragedies caused by ricers street racing go to the tracks to have our fun.

Originally Posted by M@rCo

I'll agree that the grill looks bad...but how the fvck is a widebody kit rice?
For reals... I'm sure that fancy version of the ricer vents in the fenders combined with that hood and grille adds like a couple hundred horsepower!

Originally Posted by Gday
1) Rebadge such as (Infiniti Skyline) wtf is that?
- Infiniti GTO? or GTR? wtf is that? Badgeless is ok, but any mixtures of Infiniti and the JDM badge is a nono.
2) fiberglass nismo replicas, or anything fiberglass
3) 20+ rims on a G
4) Overlays
5) widebody, fender flares, M3 gills on a G
6) Lambo doors
7) VVEL stickers on a g35

This Wing on a G

This paint scheme, lambo doors, and Fender vents or gills or wtf you call it
Originally Posted by socalv35
what u talking about those g's look nice not rice
Sure they do... That spoiler on the first car looks like it's getting the G ready for take-off. To add to the damage, how are you gonna kit out a car and leave the stock wheels on? And it shows the sh*tty stock wheels too (no offense meant to those rolling on those wheels). If you're going for a factory look, that spoiler isn't the one. If you're going for the agressive track/show look, those wheels aren't the ones. And if you're going for something in between... WTF???
The lambo doors... if you like these, you are a ricer, period. The paint schemes... mixed feelings here. For a show car, as long as it's done nicely on a modified body and the colors look good together, then IMO, it's ok. Just not for a street car.

I do have mixed emotions about over-sized wheels. Too big where they don't fit the car right is definitely bad, but bigger wheels with less sidewall is not bad on turning. You'll lose out on turning radius and acceleration, but steering response is definitely better with bigger wheels, or thinner sidewalls at least.

And widebodies... IMO properly and cleanly done, they are fine. Some cars don't give you the option of wider wheels, so a widebody would be the only way to do this. Wider wheels can be a plus for performance. It's just when the widebody kit either looks hideous or is just a slap on fender kit that it is bad.

Originally Posted by SCoupe
because asking the question IS the answer.
+100000000!!!

If you must ask, then it's rice. And just because the part you bought has a good name like Top Secret, Junction Produce, Nismo etc... on it and cost a lot of money, it doesn't mean you have good taste.

Oh, and btw... wheels that cost more than the car is worth or cheap imitation wheels like Stern, Rota, etc... are rice too. I'll let Rotas get away as track only wheels on a Honda or other cheap car since they are light, sturdy and affordable for the weekend warrior. But just not for the show car or commutes. Those bling bling chromes are rice too.

Also, IMO... Clears are ok, not my taste, but ok... but the blue bulbs underneath has got to go. And just because your underbody lighting kit is not neon does not mean it isn't rice.

This thread has inspired me to debadge my car like I've been thinking about doing for a while...

BTW, I remember a thread bashing ricers somewhere and someone was bashing on clear corners when he had clear corners with blue leds underneath himself!
I have no problem with people wanting their cars to look different with the kit and lights, Nike swoosh, etc... no matter how hideous some say the car or parts is. It's you're car, do whatever the f*ck you want to it. But just know you are a ricer yourself before you start bashing on someone else for being a ricer because of his/her mods.

Ricers looking to race in the middle of traffic with kids running around ahead of us and soccer moms all around us is a different story.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:47 AM
- Infiniti GTO? or GTR? wtf is that? Badgeless is ok, but any mixtures of Infiniti and the JDM badge is a nono.
3) 20+ rims on a G
4) Overlays
6) Lambo doors

This Wing on a G

Don't know WTF this is

Grills that don't fit properly and bumpers that make the car look like its missing something.

This paint scheme, lambo doors, and Fender vents or gills or wtf you call it

Color matches rims, chrome handles and dark vador hood

Bad taste

More color matching
I'm with you! Those are rice, but I like JDM/USDM (OEM). I agree with the Infiniti/Skyline thing. If you want to do that change everything to Nissan then.

I feel ya!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Very true!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by dofu
Ricers looking to race in the middle of traffic with kids running around ahead of us and soccer moms all around us is a different story.

Totally agree with ya

Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Rice is such a lame word to use.

I just group all cars of this nature into one large category...trashy cars driven by retards.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
3) 20+ rims on a G
4) Overlays
6) Lambo doors

Not sure what you're refering to regarding nismo replica and fiberglass. I believe the authentic nismo front bumper is fiberglass whereas the replicas is urathane.

I personally give more props to people who try to be unique, even if they get some unwarranted rice thrown at them. Why mod your car to everybody else's standard? are they helping you out with the payments? Don't get me wrong, there is a fine line of being unique and crossing over into the retardedly rice catergory. Honestly, to some people, anything non-oem is rice. You can't please everyone nor should you try to when it comes to modding your car. to each his own

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are ricers? Defind what's to be Ricey