The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What are ricers? Defind what's to be Ricey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Gday
1) Rebadge such as (Infiniti Skyline) wtf is that?
- Infiniti GTO? or GTR? wtf is that? Badgeless is ok, but any mixtures of Infiniti and the JDM badge is a nono.
2) fiberglass nismo replicas, or anything fiberglass
3) 20+ rims on a G
4) Overlays
5) widebody, fender flares, M3 gills on a G
6) Lambo doors
7) VVEL stickers on a g35
1. Check
2. Check
3. Check

Painted wheels check
Red and Black paint scheme. Check
Vented hood check
Damn I'm ricer......oh well
Better run out and get lambo doors
Looking into the widebody....

So all those who jumped on the Marty bandwagon were not being truthful? I'm not knocking Marty, but mocking the people who say one thing by giving props to someone, then turn around and trash them or make fun of their creations or mods... Same thing about Rookie’s custom work or Mitzer G, Sundeviljay, or Balla and quite a few other cars on the west coast, TTrank, Gthizzle from Tx and well Dem Florida boys.... Seems like everyone who gets props for their rides then get trashed in some other thread. I admit there a quite a few people on here that say one thing to a person's face then talk ridiculously wrong about a person's g behind their back. The excuse” I don't want to hurt his or her feelings". Why not be truthful? I know I’m guilty of this from time to time. I do however try to be truthful if I don’t like something or some one.

My car if it is rice it is rice means to me my car is more Japanese looking. There is nothing wrong with rebadging a car if it is done right. It is more like a personal journey for my car. I share my ride to get ideas or comments good or bad. I don't think my car is the car of all cars but damn we all spend good money trying to make it OUR CAR.

Sheesh...threads like these just give a reason to post pics of some one’s g and then trash it under the premise it relates to the topic..Sorry to vent...

Rice and Fvking Ugly I’m cool with mine. WTFE

Last edited by 2drwild; 10-17-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
brb getting cut
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dofu
I'd have to disagree here... the ricer will always be the one to pull up to you either on public roads or in the middle of heavy stop and go traffic, reving at you, wanting to race. Normal people will take a look at the ricer's car and be the ones laughing... Those of us that are older or have been around long enough to see the tragedies caused by ricers street racing go to the tracks to have our fun.
tell that to the guy who wrote it at urban dictionary

Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn bro u car looks soooo much better than before. I really do like how the car looks now!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads

Damn bro u car looks soooo much better than before. I really do like how the car looks now!
thats shiiittssss RICE.

jk

Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by M.I.A. BlazinVQ
tell that to the guy who wrote it at urban dictionary
He must be a ricer too

Old 10-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
So all those who jumped on the Marty bandwagon were not being truthful? I'm not knocking Marty, but mocking the people who say one thing by giving props to someone, then turn around and trash them or make fun of their creations or mods... Same thing about Rookie’s custom work or Mitzer G, Sundeviljay, or Balla and quite a few other cars on the west coast, TTrank, Gthizzle from Tx and well Dem Florida boys.... Seems like everyone who gets props for their rides then get trashed in some other thread. I admit there a quite a few people on here that say one thing to a person's face then talk ridiculously wrong about a person's g behind their back. The excuse” I don't want to hurt his or her feelings". Why not be truthful? I know I’m guilty of this from time to time. I do however try to be truthful if I don’t like something or some one.

My car if it is rice it is rice means to me my car is more Japanese looking. There is nothing wrong with rebadging a car if it is done right. It is more like a personal journey for my car. I share my ride to get ideas or comments good or bad. I don't think my car is the car of all cars but damn we all spend good money trying to make it OUR CAR.

Sheesh...threads like these just give a reason to post pics of some one’s g and then trash it under the premise it relates to the topic..
i have to agree...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSkylineGT
1. Check
2. Check
3. Check

Painted wheels check
Red and Black paint scheme. Check
Vented hood check
Damn I'm ricer......oh well
Better run out and get lambo doors
Looking into the widebody....

Sheesh...threads like these just give a reason to post pics of some one’s g and then trash it under the premise it relates to the topic..Sorry to vent...

Rice and Fvking Ugly I’m cool with mine. WTFE
I've been more than upfront on how I feel about certain people's cars on this site, and I've never changed my tune in different threads. The problem I addressed was that peole here are holding "lesser" cars to a different standard of "rice" than the G35. It seems if it is done on a G, then people should let others do what they want because its theirs, yet alot of those same people are quick to throw out the "rice" term one a *insert FWD economy japanese car here* is mentioned. A widebody G with a big wing is okay, but the same thing done to Civic is rice? Tacky paint jobs on a G? Unique. On a Neon? Rice. Do you see the hypocrisy? Notice I didn't call out any single car in this thread, I simply made a point

Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree with the guy who said the kenstyle rear is rice...That thing is ugly as hell, and would definitely be looked down on if it was on a honda, eclipse, etc...Im not feeling the whole "jdm" movement as well...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe to each their own. Everyone has their own style and like RedGT said, we all try to mod our cars to what WE LIKE PERSONALLY. If a guy wants to put a huge wing on their car and look like a shopping cart...let him.

I just don't like the term "ricey". I mean WTF does rice have to do with a car? I've seen mods that make european cars look cheap...is that "ricey" too?

To me there is tasteful modding and tasteless modding. But of course that is very subjective. If you like a car, give the owner some props for his effort. If you don't like the car, don't say anything to him at all. I think our mothers all taught us how to treat others at an early age...I hope.

JMHO.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
rice is when u hook up a ugly as poniac,civic,tiburon etc etc and put BIG *** SPOILERS AND SHIET..haha thats what i think rice means

Old 10-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pghG35
rice is when u hook up a ugly as poniac,civic,tiburon etc etc and put BIG *** SPOILERS AND SHIET..haha thats what i think rice means
This is exactly what I'm talking about Why is the G immune from rice?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
face it anything modified on a japanese car is gonna be called "rice" by someone.

Rice to me as far as products go is anything from pep-boys or anythig added when using ricer math including:

windshield stickers, fake vents, NOS stickers, spray painted crazy dash boards, those square asian air freshner's on the dash, THE CHROME FIRE EXTINGUISHER LOL LOL, fart can exhausts, whistle exhausts (whoo whoo if anyone knows what im talkin about on youtube lol), stretchy seat covers, fake suede interior, the hood prtector shield on scion xb's,

ELECTRIC "BLOWERS" TAKE THE CAKE!!!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by badassflip
Im currently considering doing some exterior mods, but i don't want it turns out to be a ricer. but then what determines a G to be a ricey G?
please post pictures of non-ricey Gs and ricey G if posible.

FUNNY AS VIDEO AND SONG OF ALL RICER CARS:

Old 10-18-2007, 12:43 AM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
I've been more than upfront on how I feel about certain people's cars on this site, and I've never changed my tune in different threads. The problem I addressed was that peole here are holding "lesser" cars to a different standard of "rice" than the G35. It seems if it is done on a G, then people should let others do what they want because its theirs, yet alot of those same people are quick to throw out the "rice" term one a *insert FWD economy japanese car here* is mentioned. A widebody G with a big wing is okay, but the same thing done to Civic is rice? Tacky paint jobs on a G? Unique. On a Neon? Rice. Do you see the hypocrisy? Notice I didn't call out any single car in this thread, I simply made a point
Wasn't referring to you...

Old 10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone may have mentioned this already, but:

you're a ricer if you put a wing on a front wheel drive car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are ricers? Defind what's to be Ricey