Old 10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain
Someone may have mentioned this already, but:

you're a ricer if you put a wing on a front wheel drive car
Why?

Old 10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you got nothing better to say, dont say it at all! majority of us people came from a honda or something RICEY. just keep HATING!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:01 PM
teamsolo.net im-integline
http://www.importtuner.com/features/...gsr/index.html

I hope this is rice. Its my old car that I did from about 19 to 21 or so, give or take a year.

Was it rice? It had some of the top things on it, custom paint, body work, Wide body, bride seats, CF headliner etc. IS it rice? Wait, how ricey is it?

Don't worry new G will be wild too.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Your car isnt rice, it just isnt my style...

Old 10-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the intregra was pretty crayz looking....but the GTR logo, hopefully you know better now. Crazy work on an integra good job

Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by solopresident
http://www.importtuner.com/features/...gsr/index.html

I hope this is rice. Its my old car that I did from about 19 to 21 or so, give or take a year.

Was it rice? It had some of the top things on it, custom paint, body work, Wide body, bride seats, CF headliner etc. IS it rice? Wait, how ricey is it?
With those mods, all I can say is it better be fast, real fast.

You're clearly good in the garage. Nice work.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:49 PM
There are some tacky cars out there

Does anybody know how to get flames to shoot out of my tailpipes ?

Old 10-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by AbbotsfordG35
Does anybody know how to get flames to shoot out of my tailpipes ?
why?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...f+my+tailpipes

Old 10-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Lot's of reasons. It looks cool, I love the smell of burning bumpers and if you tailgate me we can BBQ Bambi. I like my "rice" fried.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i'd do it to start up a campfire but thats about it

Old 10-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Tru-G
I believe to each their own. Everyone has their own style and like RedGT said, we all try to mod our cars to what WE LIKE PERSONALLY. If a guy wants to put a huge wing on their car and look like a shopping cart...let him.
I completely agree.

Originally Posted by Tru-G
I just don't like the term "ricey". I mean WTF does rice have to do with a car? I've seen mods that make european cars look cheap...is that "ricey" too?
I don't like the term either, but it's just what stuck... the term came from the early days of import racing when everyone was hyped about rice rockets... modding them, putting stickers everywhere with insane looking bodykits.

And yes, a European car or an American car that is modded looking cheap and cheesy is rice too.

Originally Posted by redlude97
Why?
Because front wheel drive cars just need all that downforce back there to keep all that power to the rear wheels to the ground.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
Because front wheel drive cars just need all that downforce back there to keep all that power to the rear wheels to the ground.
contrary to popular myth, ALL race cars benefit from added downforce from a wing, just take a look at racing series with FWD vehicles like the SCCA SWC. Sounds like another ignorant fool spouting misinformation.

I guess thats a ricer as well?

Old 10-20-2007, 07:08 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Rice had to start somewhere. It did not just appear out of no where and became Rice.

Lets start at the beginning.

First there was a car.
Then began a process of pimping the car.
In this proses engine was modified which made it sound better
With more power there was a need to improve braking of the car
and with more power the suspension and aerodynamics of the car were needed to be improved.

But then. Bunch of kids who don't have money to do it right decided that instead of improving engine performance and as a result getting great sound out of it they would just put a huge exhaust on it.
Instead of putting better brakes on the car they would just put caliper covers on.
Instead of getting kits that actually improve aerodynamics of the car and handling they would just get some gay **** from ebay and call it a day.

Instead of improving suspension of the car they just clamp or cut the springs, making a JUMPER out of the car and brag to all that now it's lowered and handles better.

So in My opinion.

RICE is everything that is done to the car that does not improve the car.
It could be the exhaust system that most of us put on their Gs to improve the sound.........in most cases loosing the power.............What did you improve there?..............RICE

Cold Air Intakes that we put on our Gs using some cheep **** pipes and filters and put them all the way on the ground assuming that it sucks in cold air and forgetting about dust and water that is down there..................RICE

And much much more stuff.

Some rice things are well tolerated. They are not that bad. If done with taste they could even pass for none rice.

Every show car (import show car) is RICE
cuz this is what rice is. It's talk but no walk. It's bling. Useless mods that do absolutely nothing to improve the vehicle.

But they sure look DAMN NICE. And that's what they are. Show improvements. BLING, RICE.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
contrary to popular myth, ALL race cars benefit from added downforce from a wing, just take a look at racing series with FWD vehicles like the SCCA SWC. Sounds like another ignorant fool spouting misinformation.

I guess thats a ricer as well?
Nice track car you pictured. I know that any car can use downforce in the rear, but a wing is a bit excessive for a street car, a spoiler is more than enough. Anything under 70 can't really benefit from a wing, and I believe anything under 60 doesn't really benefit from a spoiler... something like that. But I'm sure you do need all that downforce back there when you're driving 140+ in traffic on the freeways in your street car...

Old 10-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Nice track car you pictured. I know that any car can use downforce in the rear, but a wing is a bit excessive for a street car, a spoiler is more than enough. Anything under 70 can't really benefit from a wing, and I believe anything under 60 doesn't really benefit from a spoiler... something like that. But I'm sure you do need all that downforce back there when you're driving 140+ in traffic on the freeways in your street car...

Thats funny, nothing was mentioned about whether the FWD car was being used on the street or track until now. Did you call the OP and ask for clarification before you made that determination? The ignorant statement was made about ALL FWD cars in general. So then wouldn't a "wing" be just as ricey on a RWD street car that doesn't go 140 mph+ in traffic, why does it only apply to FWD street cars? Why don't you define the difference between a wing and a spoiler also. IIRC, the term is interchangeable.

Last edited by redlude97; 10-20-2007 at 09:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What are ricers? Defind what's to be Ricey