The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Noob! Need advice just like the others!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob! Need advice just like the others!

So i just got an '03 g35 sedan (black) with 30k miles (not bad right?). Anyways so here's where I need you respectful opinions:

My head lights are kind of foggy so I was considering getting the black headlights you see on ebay but in some of the listing they look sort of cheap. Anyone have these or recommend them or is there a way to get my headlights cleared out again?

Next I wonder about the front corner bumper lights, do the black ones look any good? I got my windows tinted 5% on all the windows (yes illegal) and just think the black corners might look cool but once again worry about it looking cheap.

I also want to know what your guys experience have been like with sound systems. I would like to put in maybe 2 10" subs, nothing crazy just a lil extra bass but for those of you that have subs, do u get a lot of rattling noises and what not? what do you recommend?

And last but not least, i want to do the ipod hook up where it goes through the satellite radio or whatever but want a clean install. I really dont want the ipod to be showing so where do u guys have your ipods installed? Any recommendations on what to do with this?

Sorry to be so random, I've been kind of creeping around on these forums for a while and you guys really seem to know your **** and I could really use your knowledge. Lemme know and thank you so much for your thoughts!

Old 12-19-2007, 03:11 AM
..... I WIN .....

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rockmadness187
So i just got an '03 g35 sedan (black)
03 B.O. Sedan FTMFW !!!

My head lights are kind of foggy so I was considering getting the black headlights you see on ebay but in some of the listing they look sort of cheap. Anyone have these or recommend them or is there a way to get my headlights cleared out again?
PlastX.. There's a bunch of threads on it... https://g35driver.com/forums/search....archid=4033382

Next I wonder about the front corner bumper lights, do the black ones look any good? I got my windows tinted 5% on all the windows (yes illegal) and just think the black corners might look cool but once again worry about it looking cheap.
Black ones look good with amber bulbs, or you can get the JDM Clear Corners and get the bat overlays... https://g35driver.com/forums/members/10659-blue_batmobile.html

And last but not least, i want to do the ipod hook up where it goes through the satellite radio or whatever but want a clean install. I really dont want the ipod to be showing so where do u guys have your ipods installed? Any recommendations on what to do with this?
If it's an 03, you don't have a source button or a sat button, so you won't be able to do the OEM ipod adapter... I might be wrong, but someone will chime in. I have the FM modulator in the center glove box so it's still plugged in. Here is some threads... https://g35driver.com/forums/search....archid=4033387

Sorry to be so random, I've been kind of creeping around on these forums for a while and you guys really seem to know your **** and I could really use your knowledge. Lemme know and thank you so much for your thoughts!
Welcome And by the way... search will be your friend J/K with ya!!

Last edited by NathanJax; 12-19-2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
dont buy the cheap ebay lights use PlastX or

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/193262-headlight-work-matte-black-cleared.html

as for the blacked out corners... do what ever you like/looks best to you

if your stock...

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=factory+ipod

this can be used on 03's as well and can be bought at www.everythingG35.com

Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Some 03's have a SAT button and are satellite ready. There are about 3 options for connecting an iPod to the OEM HU.

The cheap black headlights on eBay are for halogen bulbs, not the HID's that you probably have. Some early 03's do not have HID's though.

To polish my sedan headlights, I used a headlight restoration kit from the auto parts store and a drill. It worked pretty good, but the fogging came back. I most recently used Zaino Z-PC and a 5 inch buffing pad on my drill and it worked great. http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Count=6

Old 12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the help guys and real quick any word on subwoofers? Sound good in the G or will it rattle too much?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Most cars will rattle with a sub and the G is no exception. There are things you can do to dampen the rattles, such as application Dynamat or a similar product.

Last edited by Gilley; 12-20-2007 at 05:04 PM.