The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Need to know failrly quickly - OEM spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Need to know failrly quickly - OEM spoiler

Does the 06-07 spoiler use the same mounting holes as the 03-05 spoiler for the coupe?

Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
No...

Old 02-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
thanks..there is an ebay ad that says it does....go figure right?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
thats ebay for ya...

Old 03-02-2008, 06:52 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
No...
I thought they had the same mounting points, this is the coupe we are talking about right?

Also if you switch spoilers have the dealer do it, people have messed up the paint because of the glue on the underside.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by TURBOTOM
I thought they had the same mounting points, this is the coupe we are talking about right?

Also if you switch spoilers have the dealer do it, people have messed up the paint because of the glue on the underside.
yes the coupe...

as for the glue it could have been what they used to remove the glue...

Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Coupe mounting holes are identical...

Old, but I found this digging through old posts. Also decided to do a quick write up because I couldn't find a single post telling me the "gotchas" about spoiler installing (and I actually read EVERY post that a search for "spoiler" returned.)

I installed an 05 "ironing board" on my 06 coupe. Mounting holes were identical. But I cant even begin to describe how much of a PITA it was!

Took about 1-1.5 hours to get the damn thing off with all the grommets and double sided tape on the stock spoiler. Never did find a way to "correctly" remove it, just lots of upward force. Eventually one of the grommets snapped and I realized that was the route (snapping all the grommets) I was going to have to take. I strongly advise others to look for another method to deal with the grommets before starting. Also managed to put a small dent in my trunk lid while using some cloth covered wrenches to pry the damn thing off. luckily its covered by the new spoiler. I recommend you use a strong fishing line + goo-off to get rid of as much of the perimeter double sided tape as possible, before you start with the grommets. If only the grommet rears were accessible from the inside...

Also, took me a couple of hours of work to get all the residual tape/glue off. Goo-off and rubbing alcohol are great, but it still comes down to detail work, as anyone who has debadged can attest.

On a positive note, after I had cleaned the residue off and clayed the surface, the new 05 spoiler went on in less than a half hour and looks beautiful.

I'm glad I swapped spoilers, but if I were to do it again, I would look around for a shop with experience in this. You could always try the dealership and hope they care enough to do a good job. Perhaps the best way is to find someone local on the boards who has done a couple, plan a meet and bring a 12pack of their favorite.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I can testify that he is correct. PITA to get off. I took it to Infiniti, who ended up taking it to another shop...it took them almost a day to get the damn thing off. But I absolutely love the look of the 05 spoiler on my 07. I never liked the 07 one. Post photos of you new look!