The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Do you guys get annoyed when ignorant people call your car a Nissan in a tuxedo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never had anyone call my G a nissan in a tuxedo lol..

i mean Infiniti's are made by Nissan.. i don't really care.. hence, nissan skyline 350gt

Old 03-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I can tell who the real nissan euthasists are.. I mean i dont mind it all..in fact I got the g because its a nissan...my previously cars were nissans...

I had a mits eclipse (just to build my credit on monthly payments) and I hated that thing (it was the second to last gen model).... buttttt it did have a sport like feeling and room in it haha...that car was indeed a good car for been a DD

All in all i think those who get offended by people callin it a nissan is someone whos trying to be something they not...IT IS A NISSAN... infiniti is just a cover up to jack the price up. Like that one other memeber posted.... its a smart way of a scheme by the japanese with USA... haha your just suckers that believe it lol

Old 03-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I don't know where this came from (a mag I suppose) but the 335i is in a class above the G... It smokes 'em at the track and is overall a better car.
Yeah ive seen a mag stating that about the new g beating a 335i...but where'd you get your info from? i'd like to see it... i know the 335i is fast on quarter mile but around a track... im still looking..

which means the new upo coming M series is gonna have to way more then this 335i in handling and we kno the powers coming... other wise thatd be bad on the bmw marketing(specially since the new ones beats the not so old version of the M)

Old 03-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Does this crap **** you off? Especially when they think your car is a rebadged Altima?
Our cars ARE Nissans. They just happen to carry a more prestiges badge.

Now, if someone told you your car was a rebadged Altima, that's a good time to laugh at their face for being so completely ignorant and not knowing anything about cars.

The end...

PS. Im a college student, and I have never heard anyone tell me such a thing. Maybe you are hanging out with an immature crowd.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by OCG35
I don't know where this came from (a mag I suppose) but the 335i is in a class above the G... It smokes 'em at the track and is overall a better car.
I would not say the 2nd generation G's "beat" the 335i. But they are definately competitors.

You pay a little more in the 335i, and get a little more.

Originally Posted by redlude97
You realize its a nissan just about everywhere else in the world right?
I think you completely missed his point. His argument wasn't about whether its a Nissan or not in the rest of the world.

I think the ignorant ones are the people who think having it badged as an infiniti somehow makes it better. That was one of japan's greatest marketing ploys ever for the gullible american public
Yes, Infiniti's are obviously Nissans. But for anyone to imply that having the Infiniti badge is the only difference between an Infiniti and Nissan is ignorant.

Sure, a badge is just a badge. But try throwing in rebadged Sentra into the Infiniti line-up. Let's see how it does

Any Infiniti can have the Nissan badge and do fine (as seen in many other countries), although I don't think its appropriate. But the opposite is not true. You cannot just rebadge any Nissan to an Infiniti. Standards for luxury cars are set pretty high these days.

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 03-29-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Does this crap **** you off? Especially when they think your car is a rebadged Altima?
Hahaha, our cars are Nissans. Besides, when someone says my car is a rebadged altima, I laugh and tell them they're wrong, its a rebadged 350z with a few more doors.

I have this thing with a good friend of mine. I call his Benz a Chrysler, and he calls my G a Nissan. Either way, I'm not offended, and he is (as he should be). So I'm not too worried about the whole Nissan thing.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Ive had my car called a Nissan before which i dont mind since i had a integ it tech was a "honda" even had the honda engine stamp haha...then think to my self my car looks sexyer and its worth more then your pos so you can be jealous all u want

Old 03-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
I think you completely missed his point. His argument wasn't about whether its a Nissan or not in the rest of the world.
How did I miss his point? Whether its badged as a nissan or an Infiniti, the quality on the g35 is the same isn't it?

Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Yes, Infiniti's are obviously Nissans. But for anyone to imply that having the Infiniti badge is the only difference between an Infiniti and Nissan is ignorant.

Sure, a badge is just a badge. But try throwing in rebadged Sentra into the Infiniti line-up. Let's see how it does

Any Infiniti can have the Nissan badge and do fine (as seen in many other countries), although I don't think its appropriate. But the opposite is not true. You cannot just rebadge any Nissan to an Infiniti. Standards for luxury cars are set pretty high these days.

QX56?

Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
LOL, I couldn't give a rats @ss what anyone calls my G. Whether someone calls my G a rebadged Alty, a Datsun, or a Ford won't make me enjoy my car any less.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:07 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
LOL, I couldn't give a rats @ss what anyone calls my G. Whether someone calls my G a rebadged Alty, a Datsun, or a Ford won't make me enjoy my car any less.
The man makes good sense. I don't care if anyone calls it something else but I will correct them if they are vastly wrong and being an *** about it. If they appear to have no clue about cars and are just trying to be nice then I wouldn't say anything. Why be mean in that case?

Old 03-29-2008, 11:20 PM
i dont have a g35 but my cuzzo has a fully badged nissan skyline with the jdm dash and clock and wheel and chairs and side step. people just ask "OMFG IS IT REALLY A SKYLINE?" and he simply says yes and watches the person taking pics of it. so yeaaaaa it basically is a skyline. i am taking my business to riverside infiniti to get a g35 asap!!!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by gEE805
Yeah ive seen a mag stating that about the new g beating a 335i...but where'd you get your info from? i'd like to see it... i know the 335i is fast on quarter mile but around a track... im still looking..

which means the new upo coming M series is gonna have to way more then this 335i in handling and we kno the powers coming... other wise thatd be bad on the bmw marketing(specially since the new ones beats the not so old version of the M)
from the track. Racing them - seeing what ETs they pull... and having driven all versions of the G sedan. And I am refering to the 1/4 mile... Top end? I don't know... I noticed the new gen sedan pulls strong to 60 but seems to taper off, so I don't suspect it to smoke a 335i even on the top end.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 AM
It only matters if you're ashamed to drive a Nissan. Fact is the G35 is a stretched 350z which is what I correctly tell people and Nissan could get the same price for this car if they brought it in as a Skyline. In general people buy this car for the performance, appearance, or value, not for the badge. The car speaks for itself.

Now what GM did with the "Cadillac" Cimmaron, that's rebadging injustice.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I think a lot of people on this site drove Maximas or Nissans prior to purchasing their G, including myself. They bought their Gs because of their love of their past Nissans. This is the next step up in the family.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Retired SuperMod
QX56?
There's a reason why the QX56 is a failure; Nissan thought it could add little details to the Pathfinder and stick an Infiniti badge on it, along with a $52,000 price tag. Which proves my other point in the prior post:

Nissan needs a whole new, completely different approach to the QX line up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you guys get annoyed when ignorant people call your car a Nissan in a tuxedo?