The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Do you guys get annoyed when ignorant people call your car a Nissan in a tuxedo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:35 AM
Overglorified Altima
I can hardly agree that that is the reason why the QX does so poorly.

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
There's a reason why the QX56 is a failure; Nissan thought it could add little details to the Pathfinder and stick an Infiniti badge on it, along with a $52,000 price tag. Which proves my other point in the prior post:

Nissan needs a whole new, completely different approach to the QX line up.

Its not a pathfinder, but I get your point. Infiniti has been doing it for a while though so its still the image most people associate with the brand which was my point. Couple that with the fact that nissan sells infiniti's all around the world as nissans, and the argument that there is some type of differentiation between infiniti's and nissans is nonexistant. Heck, the 07 maxima/altimas had more luxury features than the 07 g35 coupes

Old 03-30-2008 | 04:08 AM
Retired SuperMod
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by O RLY
I can hardly agree that that is the reason why the QX does so poorly.
The Armada is very unreliable, and isn't a seller. Now, the fact that the $52,000 dollar QX56 is based directly off of the Armada, what other reason is there for the failure of the QX line-up? It's logical to me, unless you have a better explanation.

Originally Posted by redlude97
Its not a pathfinder, but I get your point. Infiniti has been doing it for a while though so its still the image most people associate with the brand which was my point. Couple that with the fact that nissan sells infiniti's all around the world as nissans, and the argument that there is some type of differentiation between infiniti's and nissans is nonexistant. Heck, the 07 maxima/altimas had more luxury features than the 07 g35 coupes
My mistake; I confused the Armada with the Pathfinder. But, you got my point.

And I agree with the rest of your point.

Old 03-30-2008 | 08:56 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I think a lot of people on this site drove Maximas or Nissans prior to purchasing their G, including myself. They bought their Gs because of their love of their past Nissans. This is the next step up in the family.
Before I purchased my first G, I was driving a 2003 Altima. It was a fantastic car IMO, but it was love at first sight when I saw the G.

Old 03-30-2008 | 11:30 AM
Our cars are rebadged Nissan Skyline 350gt's. It's not a 4 door 350z. It's the same 350gt sold throughout the world and throughout the world, the quality is no different. I have no problem with my G35 being a Nissan. I love Nissan vehicles. Nissan service sucks. Infiniti service is better. The upcoming 2k9 Maxima has an Infiniti dash and seats. It's every bit as luxurious as an Infiniti badged vehicle. I personally do not care what others think about my car. I love it and that's good enough for me. The QX56 isn't selling well because it faces stiff competition and it requires premium gas.

There was a video that was out about 6 months ago showing a race between the 335i, G35, IS350 and the Subaru Legacy. The G35 came in first, the 335i second, IS350 3rd and the Legacy last by a mile. I've driven the 335i extensively (friend owns one). My G handles better than his 335i. When the G's rear end slips out it's very easy to deal with. The 335i takes a little more talent to keep under control. His 335i's build quality is better. Hardly any rattles and the car is quiet as hell inside. It's quite a remarkable vehicle, but I still prefer my G.

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:21 PM
Last time a customer came in with a porsche, he was looking at the EX for his wife.

I asked him why he's not trading in his carrera for a G37... the G has more hp with a smaller engine.

He responded by saying that it was just a nissan in a tuxedo.

Needless to say, I responded to that by saying his Pcar is just a vw bug in a tuxedo.

His wife looks shocked... (and the other sales guy looks at me like I just lost the deal by saying that ) and he starts telling her the history of how the original VW bug was designed and how Porsche carried that design over when he started his own company.

GG.

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Last time a customer came in with a porsche, he was looking at the EX for his wife.

I asked him why he's not trading in his carrera for a G37... the G has more hp with a smaller engine.

Needless to say, I responded to that by saying his Pcar is just a vw bug in a tuxedo.

His wife looks shocked... (and the other sales guy looks at me like I just lost the deal by saying that ) and he starts telling her the history of how the original VW bug was designed and how Porsche carried that design over when he started his own company.

GG.

very nice Mike!!!!

Old 03-30-2008 | 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by caltender

very nice Mike!!!!
X2!!

To the guy who asked what the difference between the G35 and the 350GT, the steering wheels on the other side and the 350GT has an available 8-speed auto. Oh, and the clock is digital, not analogue.

Old 03-30-2008 | 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Carlito
X2!!

To the guy who asked what the difference between the G35 and the 350GT, the steering wheels on the other side and the 350GT has an available 8-speed auto. Oh, and the clock is digital, not analogue.
Say it isn't so. A Nissan has more tech than Infiniti?

Old 03-30-2008 | 08:59 PM
EZZ
Originally Posted by Virus
Say it isn't so. A Nissan has more tech than Infiniti?
Actually...waaaay more tech. Its called the GTR

Old 03-30-2008 | 09:34 PM

GG.

hahaha good response

Actually is it surprising I never heard of "Nissan in a tuxedo" before

Old 03-30-2008 | 11:02 PM
Retired SuperMod
Staff Alumni

GG.
I could only imagine the look on his face. It would have been priceless

Old 03-31-2008 | 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by BlueDevilBAMF
Haha never heard it put that way, but doesn't bother me at all - after all, that's essentially what it is.

Now if I drove a Benz and someone said I was driving a Chrysler Sebring in a Tuxedo, then I'd be pissed
lol!

Old 03-31-2008 | 02:50 PM
I was looking at the altima before the G35. But I did some side by side comparisons.

Look at the G35...wipe drool from mouth
Look at the Altima....wipe vomit from mouth

Drive the Altima...ask "are we there yet"?
Drive the G35...ask "can't we go someplace farther?"

G35...6MmmmmT
Altima...we have a manual transmission....if you don't want any extras on the car. wha?

So then i was looking at the Maxima. After putting all the extras on the Maxima to try and pump it up to a G35 I realized I was at the base price for a G35.

Oh and you left out...
Jaguar --ford
volvo --ford
Land Rover --ford

Old 03-31-2008 | 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by thanmad
I was looking at the altima before the G35. But I did some side by side comparisons.

Look at the G35...wipe drool from mouth
Look at the Altima....wipe vomit from mouth

Drive the Altima...ask "are we there yet"?
Drive the G35...ask "can't we go someplace farther?"

G35...6MmmmmT
Altima...we have a manual transmission....if you don't want any extras on the car. wha?

So then i was looking at the Maxima. After putting all the extras on the Maxima to try and pump it up to a G35 I realized I was at the base price for a G35.

Oh and you left out...
Jaguar --ford
volvo --ford
Land Rover --ford
I understand your point, but the Altima and Maxima are much larger vehicles insdie and out. Especially the Maxima. I would like to drive the 2009 Maxima to see if they did anything for the steering feedback. It is so numb on these cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you guys get annoyed when ignorant people call your car a Nissan in a tuxedo?