The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Windows and power locks arent working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Windows and power locks arent working

Sup everyone Im in need of a lil help for my 04g coupe. took it to a body shop so they could change the skin on the door. they took the door off and everything and one of the techs who worked there started my car up with no door hooked up to it(think this might have messed up the window somehow). They put the door back on and now the windows and power locks dont work. when you pull the switch you can hear a relay click but nothing works. They called the dealer and the dealer said that they have to reset the window motor(wouldnt tell them how to though). Ive searched and it says that the window regulator maybe bad, but when they hook the window up to a direct power source, it still goes up and down. Oh forgot to mention, the sunroof doesnt work either.

Does anyone know how to reset the window motor setting? Or is there another possible cause?

Please help me out, been out of my car for almost 2 months now and this is the las problem they need to fix.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Believe it or not this happened to me last week. A while ago I took my driver side door panel off to get rid of some rattles and from that point on my windows and doors would work on and off intermittently from time to time. So what I did was I pulled up the whole piece that holds the windows and lock buttons up (you can pry it off with your fingers by lifting it straight up, no need to take off your door panel) and noticed that the harness that's plugged into it was not plugged in all the way (I heard a few clicks after pressing on it). My guess is that they didn't plug it in all the way. Give that a try and let me know if it works. After I did this, I no longer had the problem.

I highly doubt your windows need to be reset, but another way you check if you're getting power is to turn on your headlights and see if the buttons illuminate. Mine didn't so I knew it wasn't getting power. Not sure about the sunroof though, as I never checked to see if it worked when my windows didn't. Hopefully this will solve your problem, good luck.

Last edited by Mike_Deezy; 04-29-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crazy, I just noticed you have a TB too. First the driver side door seal and now this? I'm telling you, us TB owners are jinxed.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks man, Imaa tell them to give it a try. Man, its an on going battle with my car. I got rear ended last year and my car went to the body shop for repairs.. Took almost four months and during that time at the body shop one of the employees sideswiped my driver side(hence I brought it back to them to replace the skin on the door). Was supposed to be a simple fix, but its turning into a nightmare for me. Here is the link of my accident: https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/172492-check-out-my-new-mod.html

Oh year forgot to add that when the windows are up and I open the door, the window drop a bit. Close the door and open it again and the window comes down some more.

Not to mention I have a set of bbk and new rims I bought in the meantime that are sitting up in my garage waitng to be put on