G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Your opinion on customer service ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your opinion on customer service ???

K I need to vent...

I did a whole bunch of mods to my 04 sedan in a short amount of time, but fully researched every decision and every shop I brought the car to..

Had the car @ several shops, but to make along story short had the biggest problem with the last shop I brought the car to

first tinting - the tinting shop burnt my drivers side window sill with the heat gun - tried repairing, but now have whole door panel ordered - 4" section was burnt

second infiniti dealership scratched my newly installed nismo/aero kit (side sill)- there solution was to "touch it up" - dealing with them now - should be repainted

lastly and the one that kills me the most -

researched a well-known performance shop - made appointment and ordered tein basics coil-overs and HKS rear section - day came for the appointment and before I passed over the key I explained my recent mishaps and politely asked for extra due care and attention...
Time comes to pick up car and the guy explains everything turned out great BUT - we dropped your wheel ( brand new Enkei G37 wheels ) scratched it or Id call it gouged in 2 or 3 different places - Im pissed off, but sh** happens.. he tells me that he will fix it - I tell him ok how long will it take?? he says 5 days - I say I only have a 17" full spare - he says ya just use that and it will be fine - I say **ck No - I cant drive on (3) 19" and (1) 17" for a week..plz rent me a car - any car..he says he will not do that, it is not there responsibility!!! - I turn red and wine and wine till I get what I want..

Am I correct in this situation - even with a rental I still have to jack up my G peel the wheel off - drive 1 hour to wheel finishing shop - drive back when ready - jack my G again and return rental - I figured the rental being covered is the LEAST they could do..

opinions??

Thx - grammar prob bad..srry I am choked

my mods - https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-progress.html

Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Thats BullS**t ! you were wronged ! so wronged !

hey wait a sec - this is my thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Better option?

Can the performance shop buy you a wheel and they can keep the damaged wheel?

How the hell do you drop a wheel? I worked on cars for 6.5 years and never dropped a wheel and this was not at a performance shop.... Sorry, but I would not go to that performance shop again. I thought performance shops would be extra careful on cars since owners are more strict.

Overall get the rental car from the shop. Why would it be ok to drive on three 19 inch wheels and one 17?

Just my opinion.

Floyd in AZ

Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Why didn't they just buy you a new wheel?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Sounds like you're spot on to me.

I've had 2 cars tinted, no burns, so I don't know what that's about. Obviously they made a mistake. They should make good on it.

If the dealership scratches your car, they should repair it to at least the condition that it was in when you gave it to them. If that means painting the car, then so be it. If anyone should take care of your car, I would think it would be the Infiniti dealer. If they need it for a few days to repair their error, they should provide a loaner.

If the performance shop damages your wheel, they should fix it. If that leaves you stranded, they should provide alternate transportation until it's fixed. If they even had another 19" wheel that they could loan you, so that you could get around while your rim was being repaired, I'd accept that.

The problem that you run into these days, is companies that just don't do the right thing. Frankly, it will likely cost you more in time and attorney's fees than it would to take the car to a reputable establishment and have it repaired, and that's what they bank on.

That's why when you find a good shop, that really cares, and makes good on their work, it's worth it to keep going back even if they do cost a little more. I've actually always had the best experience at the dealership, believe it or not. Any maintenance I can't do myself, I have them do even if it costs a little more.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i think the least they can do is get you a rental car... but they really should replace the wheel

G/L man...

Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Ya didnt think of askin to get the wheel replaced... guess cauz the damage was relatively minor.. Ive never had a wheel refinished - is it not as good as new????

I will try and get a pic up - damage was a few gouges - probably 1-2" each

Originally Posted by Seymore
Sounds like you're spot on to me.

I've had 2 cars tinted, no burns, so I don't know what that's about. Obviously they made a mistake. They should make good on it.

If the dealership scratches your car, they should repair it to at least the condition that it was in when you gave it to them. If that means painting the car, then so be it. If anyone should take care of your car, I would think it would be the Infiniti dealer. If they need it for a few days to repair their error, they should provide a loaner.

If the performance shop damages your wheel, they should fix it. If that leaves you stranded, they should provide alternate transportation until it's fixed. If they even had another 19" wheel that they could loan you, so that you could get around while your rim was being repaired, I'd accept that.

The problem that you run into these days, is companies that just don't do the right thing. Frankly, it will likely cost you more in time and attorney's fees than it would to take the car to a reputable establishment and have it repaired, and that's what they bank on.

That's why when you find a good shop, that really cares, and makes good on their work, it's worth it to keep going back even if they do cost a little more. I've actually always had the best experience at the dealership, believe it or not. Any maintenance I can't do myself, I have them do even if it costs a little more.

This is exactly how I feel...its upsetting that some people who run these shops dont look at the big picture of lost revenue from word of mouth business - Ive had the car lowered 1 day now and have had many compliments on the road already and rather than give a good recommendation about there shop I'm cutting them down cauz Ive got a sour in my mouth...

Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If you're modding, **** happens. Remember, if you go FI, and the shop blows your motor while tuning, its still YOUR cost, not theirs.

You signed a release of liability; any good shop will have one to cover themselves.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 AM
[QUOTE=Mike@RiversideInfiniti]If you're modding, **** happens. Remember, if you go FI, and the shop blows your motor while tuning, its still YOUR cost, not theirs.

Hey bud nobody said S**t doesnt happen - if you read my first post I said S**t happens - when all of these mishaps happened I said exactly that S**t happens - now take care of me as a customer and all things will be fine...treat me as if Im somehow liable and this is why we bitch - no liability forms here - not tuning just tinting, lowering and @ infiniti it was an oil change...

Last edited by Chevis; 09-19-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
dropping your wheel, ya replace the wheel, i mean when u take ur car to a shop, ur expecting that they will TAKE CARE OF YOUR CAR with no worrys, but ur out of a car and what can you do? its their fault so you cant drive anywhere, takes more time, money and gas for this situation and they should own up to it.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
1. Ask the tint shop to replace the door panel. Take them to small claims if necessary.

2. Always find out if your dealer is friendly with lowered cars. We are, but some cars are just plain too low, and we will not do alignments on SUPER low cars, because they cannot make it onto our machine.

3. The shop should own up, if they're really a "reputable" shop as you said.