The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Remote Start....but

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best thing you can do if you want functionality and conveniance with a boatload of cool is get a really good shop to install a Viper 5900. Two way information so it can tell you what the car is doing or what is being done to the car. A good shop will charge you to do clean work like using 3M Super 33 to cover all wires so it is hidden alot better than the rainbow under the dash. They would route the wires so that the dealerships would have no problem working on the car and just cutting your wires as I have seen done before.

To give you an idea of the average cost to do a pretty macked out alarm is about 600-800.

Thats alot huh? Well what you would get from me is the 5900 with all zones covered (hood, trunk, doors), trunk pop, factory alarm arm/disarm, the 556u to place your valet key in to allow r/s, battery back for the alarm in case the battery for the car dies, digital tilt sensor for towing and rim theft, audio sensor for glass breakage. Also whatever windows were auto up/down from the door key would work from the remote.

You can add other features to bring up protection and cost, like realtime gps tracking and field disturbance sensors.

Some thing like this would take me about 5-6 hours, possibly longer. I like to take my time and do it right. I know I have done a good job of making an install dealer friendly when the service writer for a customer calls my shop and tells me that if all installs were done this way, the dealer/aftermarket relations would be better and less blame thrown around.

Getting an installer that cares about the quality of the job and considers every car his own once he starts is the best way to get a car done.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I was going to make a thread about this myself, but what about the G owners with Intellikey, who want to keep the intellikey?

Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 AM
I gotta dig around at work, I have heard from a couple of people that say they have been able to do it with some weird wiring or setup, but have accomplished it. Will repost in a few days. Have hope!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:24 AM
So I talked to a buddy of mine and he said you can do one on an intellikey car. It gets wired like the toyota prius. You will need to have three intellikeys total as you are going to lose one of them for the install. He said its some funky wiring to trick the car and the remotestart so that the keys do not fight each other. Also your car will not automatically unlock or anything in a parking lot while its remotestarted. You have to tell it to unlock with remote. He said it took him about 5-6 hours since it is NOT a quick/rush job. Just contact some of your $good$ shops and you can probably find someone who can do it. Just don't show up with 2 keys or you will be sent away most likely.