G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

unbiased opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2008 | 06:25 PM
FIA
|
Originally Posted by chord42
dude, have u read acura forums to see what ppl hate about those? I love my G, but there are goign to be little things with EVERY car that u hate. Ultimately, the G will drive better, as a RWD. But, the Acura's interior is probably better, plus I like that they have white interior LED lighting vs orange. G is sleeker, while Acura is a little more boxy, with a more chopped up bumper. A big thing would be if you plan to mod the car, how the Acura responds to mods. The G gets very little power from bolt ons. I dont know about the Acura.

dude, thanks for the post. Believe me, I am on pretty much every acura forum out there. Remember, I have been an Acura fan boy for life starting with the vigor and legend.

The biggest complaint with the TL is the rattles. But then again what do you expect with a car that has a suspension set-up like the TL type S. I have driven both cars and you are wrong, the TL drives better. The 6MT on the G is pretty bad, the 6 spd maney on the TL is a dream to go through. The only thing wrong with the TL is that freaking torque oversteer. But it is pretty much easy to overcome, just feather the throttle.

Old 11-12-2008 | 06:27 PM
FIA
|
Originally Posted by tragedycat
Between an 06 G35 sedan and 07 TL-S, the TL wins on every count in my opinion. Especially on interior and overall build quality. Pre-07 Infiniti's are nice cars but the newer Acura's are just in an entirely different ballpark.

This is coming from the owner of an 05 G35 coupe, but don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my car because I bought it for the exterior looks alone, which I think the COUPE is nearly unrivaled. Not a huge fan of the sedan personally. But sedan or coupe, the car as a whole is pretty reliable, but not compared to what I'm used to from the Toyota and Honda's I've owned in the past.

So if you are going for performance or looks, get the G35. If you are just looking for a solid daily driver, go with the TL.
I think you just sold me on the type S, as all cars are daily.

Old 11-12-2008 | 06:32 PM
FIA
|
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
The G's reliability and resale value are PROVEN to be superior to the Acura.

The G's performance is PROVEN to be superior to the Acura.

The Acura does have a more plush interior. It is, afterall, a spruced up Accord.

The G's interior is a bit more snug, but then again, this is the same platform the 370z is based on.

I asked for an unbiased opinion, not a car sales person. Thank you anyways for your input. BTW please explain to me how the G has a better resale value than an ACURA, this I need the hear.

Old 11-12-2008 | 06:33 PM
FIA
|
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
G35 sedan vs TL, I'd go with the TL

G35 coupe vs TL, coupe hands down.

G35 coupe and sedan are 2 entirely different animals

Merci mon ami.

Old 11-12-2008 | 07:59 PM
I come from a few acura's too... Acura's have way better build quality, fit and finish, and reliability than infiniti's do hands down...

Old 11-12-2008 | 08:02 PM
G35 reliability mechanically is fine.... but things break down on these cars like clockwork an RESALE value is heavily dropping. I'm finding G sedans going way under 10K and 06/07 coupes going for 21-24K

Old 11-12-2008 | 11:11 PM
Just to add my 0.02 here. If you have been happy all your life with the Acura, and as stated are looking for a DD inthe snow, probably the TL. I drove a- 04 I think- TL (nonS) 6spd in Dallas, it was REALLY nice inside. Very nice exterior too. But the G just called to me in ways a lover calls. It fit me. It had everything, some more than others, that I wanted. Also, we have little or no snow. Have you checked out the "love" thread for the G yet? It just started, so it's not 50+ pgs yet. And I still woulda bought the SEDAN even if I didn't have a kiddo
Amanda

Old 11-12-2008 | 11:41 PM
BTW, if you made this thread 07 Acura TL Type S vs 07 Infiniti G35x sedan, I guarntee you almost everyone is gonna say the Infiniti, unbiased.

Old 11-13-2008 | 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
BTW, if you made this thread 07 Acura TL Type S vs 07 Infiniti G35x sedan, I guarntee you almost everyone is gonna say the Infiniti, unbiased.
^+100

Old 11-13-2008 | 04:19 PM
You're on an Infiniti forum.. Automatically biased here

Old 11-13-2008 | 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by FIA
I asked for an unbiased opinion, not a car sales person. Thank you anyways for your input. BTW please explain to me how the G has a better resale value than an ACURA, this I need the hear.
If you had done your research, you'd know that I'm on here first and foremost, as an enthusiast.

I just happen to sell cars.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/aut...d_value_a1.asp

www.alg.com

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewsAndReview...=1&YearId=2008

Also, since you probably don't have a Consumer Reports account:

And, the breakdowns:

Old 11-13-2008 | 07:29 PM
Why you're comparing a 06 G vs 07 TL is beyond me, other than the price points.

It is clear to me that a 06 G is the superior choice, unless you have a specific reason for getting the Acura, E.G. FWD, extra room, or looks.

Old 11-13-2008 | 11:39 PM
TL-S for looks, quad exhaust looks sweet, gunmetal wheels, aggressive stance..other than that...it's another fwd car...

Old 11-15-2008 | 09:35 AM
I Like Infinities I Have Owned Four Now. No Problems Same As The Tree Saabs I Owned(very Under-rated) Lexus Sucks! They Should Put Some Of Their Advertising $ Into The Cars! & I Hate That Dudes Voice On The Lexus Commercials9 (iam A Superior S.o.b)

I Never Owned Or Will Ever Own A Bmw For The Same Reason (status Symbol) I Know They Are Good Performers But, Whats The Difference Between A Pockpine & Bmw Owner? The ****** On The Inside!

W/acura-honda Accord.

If You Decide On The Acura Save A Few Thousands Bucks & Go With An Accord.

Old 11-15-2008 | 09:59 AM
The TL might be more trouble free, but the thing is ugly and extremely boring (but then I've never driven a Type-S yet either). The G might have it's annoyances, but it still puts a smile to my face when I get behind the wheel. Not to mention that although they cost about the same, the TL just never seems that classy...

Originally Posted by kodg man
I Like Infinities I Have Owned Four Now.

Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
G35 sedan vs TL, I'd go with the TL

G35 coupe vs TL, coupe hands down.

G35 coupe and sedan are 2 entirely different animals
Out of the box, when it comes to cornering, yes. Modded, the sedan chassis is not bad at all. And in the straights, the sedan will take the coupe.

Last edited by dofu; 11-15-2008 at 10:04 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unbiased opinions