I am really liking your reply.

Old 11-15-2008 | 12:27 PM
thanks

Old 11-15-2008 | 01:41 PM
"Coupe and Sedan are two different animals"

Yep, that's true.

Sedan has better weight distribution.

Sedan has less weight.

With a set of sway bars, it will out run the coupe on the track too.

You can't put 5 people in a coupe unless three of them are midgets.

You can get more than a change of clothes in the trunk of a sedan.

Old 11-15-2008 | 02:14 PM
were did you get your sway bars?
thanks

Old 11-15-2008 | 02:33 PM
Hotchkis from PerformancePartsPro.com in Houston.

Old 11-16-2008 | 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by kodg man
were did you get your sway bars?
thanks
You can always look in the marketplace up top... do your research on pricing and maybe even the vendor, and pm them for a price. If it's higher than other sites, I'm sure they're willing to beat or at the very least match the price of the other site if they can.

Old 11-16-2008 | 11:37 AM
PerformancePartsPro.com will do the same. Just show him the price you found (website) and he will match or beat it. I just ran into the problem of taxes. If I have bought it out of state, I wouldn't have had to pay them.

Old 11-16-2008 | 11:49 AM
Never have quite understood why folks prefer fwd in snow. I much prefer to have my controls spread over 4 wheels, rather than 2. Slide in fwd, and you have no brakes, or steering. Slide in a rwd car, and you will, on the whole, have some modicum of control.

Old 11-16-2008 | 01:13 PM
Awd > Fwd> Rwd in the snow. You give it too much gas in a RWD, you have spinout potential. You give it too much gas in a FWD, you just go nowhere.

Old 11-16-2008 | 01:14 PM
FELLOW LOYAL MEMBERS!

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE SWAY BARS!

KODG MAN.

P.S. BLUE MEANIE MAYBE YOE SHOULD SEEK HELP "TINA FEY"

I'VE DRIVEN IN THE SNOW MY WHOLE LIFE FRONTWHEEL/REARWHEEL & THIS IS GOING TO BE MY 1ST W/ALL WHEEL. BUT I THINK IT COMES DOWN TO THE DRIVER. BE SAFE & LEAVE SOME DISTANCE BETWEEN CARS!

EVERY YEAR I HEar a story of somebody killing themselves in the snow in an suv. the vast majority of suv's give you more ground clearance not better performance in the snow! it common sense! if the weather sucks drive appropriately!

Old 11-16-2008 | 02:18 PM
i have a rwd sedan and i live in a canada and it is not that bad in the winter with a good set of winter tires. this car is heavy so its like a tank

Old 11-16-2008 | 03:03 PM
Here's my $.02

The 03-04 G35 (both coupe and sedan) interiors is where most of the "poor quality" complaints come from. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't pick up a G during that time. Then the 05s came out. MUCH better. Enough to change my mind. For the sedans, the 05 and 06 are the same. The 07 sedan, though, is when they did a redesign. The interior in that is even that much better. I would say the 07 sedan and newer are on par with Acura TL. You don't get those annoying clicks and rattles in the new interior. At least I didn't notice any at all in my 08 loaner.

As for performance. If you compared the 06 g35 sedan with the 07 tl-s, then the tl-s is faster. But you need to compare it with the 07 g35 sedan. The motor was also a redesign, with a 306hp rating on the revised american hp rating method. I had an 08 g35 sedan loaner (same engine as 07) and that thing was heads and shoulders faster and stronger than my 05 coupe (same engine as in 06 g35 sedan).

Safety in the snow. If you properly equip your car with the right tires and traction control, then anything can work. FWD, RWD, AWD. Of course, AWD > FWD > RWD when it comes to snow and ice, but how often will you run into those conditions and how fast do you really need to go in those conditions?

For driving pleasure, there's just something about RWD that beats out AWD and FWD. Even if you're not power sliding, or running lap times on a track. Even in normal everyday driving, there's a difference. Must be the way the steering wheel feels or how the power delivery changes the dynamics of the car. It is more gratifying in a RWD car.

Maybe I'm biased because I love my G35. In honesty, if you compare the 06 G35 sedan with the 07 TL-S, then get the TL. It's a better car. But if you compare the 07 G35 sedan with the 07 TL-S, then I'll say the G35 hands down.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-16-2008 | 03:24 PM
Your Right On! I Used To Have Some Fun W/my J30 Rwd In Empty Parking Lots Covered W/snow! That Car Handled Like It Was On Rails!

But One Thing The Gx Gives You Is A Snow Mode. It Allows The Engine To Apply Less Torch When Pressing The Gas Pedal. Its A Great Feature In The Snow It Keeps The Tires From Spinning When Starting From A Dead Stop.

Kodg Man

P.s. This Potentail Honda Owner Is Taking Over Our G Site! Go W/ The G Or Leave Us Alone!!

Once Again If You Are Going To Go With "the Wrong" Acura Way/buy A 6 Cylinder Accord Same Exact Car W/out Some Of The Interior Trim!! For 5 Grand Less!

Old 11-16-2008 | 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Awd > Fwd> Rwd in the snow. You give it too much gas in a RWD, you have spinout potential. You give it too much gas in a FWD, you just go nowhere.
I agree if you are a dithering idiot with no idea about what car control is. I've driven awd, fwd, and rwd in snow since I learnt to drive. FWD is fine, BUT, as I said, all your control surfaces are on the front 2 wheels. If I do have a drift in the snow in a rwd car, odd are I will still have steering ability, as well as braking ability. This does, and i know from experience, that if you slide in a rwd car around a corner, you can just steer it round, as long as you have good tyres. In a fwd you just keep going in that direction, which could be oncoming traffic, or a ditch. Give me the slide any day of the week. As for off the line, you are right. FWD will just spin, but in rwd you will still have control via the front. Just my tuppence worth.

Old 11-16-2008 | 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by kodg man
Your Right On! I Used To Have Some Fun W/my J30 Rwd In Empty Parking Lots Covered W/snow! That Car Handled Like It Was On Rails!

But One Thing The Gx Gives You Is A Snow Mode. It Allows The Engine To Apply Less Torch When Pressing The Gas Pedal. Its A Great Feature In The Snow It Keeps The Tires From Spinning When Starting From A Dead Stop.

Kodg Man

P.s. This Potentail Honda Owner Is Taking Over Our G Site! Go W/ The G Or Leave Us Alone!!

Once Again If You Are Going To Go With "the Wrong" Acura Way/buy A 6 Cylinder Accord Same Exact Car W/out Some Of The Interior Trim!! For 5 Grand Less!
The guy isn't a troll, or being odd in any way. Hats off to him for coming to ask our opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unbiased opinions