The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35 Car Won't Start - Tried JUMPING !!HELP!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Car Won't Start - Tried JUMPING !!HELP!!

Okay fellas I am new here and have been told to post my question on this wonderful forum.

I own a 2004 G35, and it hasn't been started for a week. I have noticed that when you try to unlock the doors with the keypad, it does not respond, knowing my battery is dead.

We tried to jump start it with jumper cables and that did not work, although after trying that many times I did find that now I can unlock my car doors with the keypad.

The very next day we tried to jump it again with a battery jumper cables, as soon as we clamped the things down on the batter, my car alarm went off, and it continued to sound as long as the clamps were on, the only time it went away was trying to start the car, however that never worked.

I then reliezed I haven't change my oil in the summer and I am located in Boston (the northeast) and it has been really cold the past week. I relezed I was using the thin oil, 15 or 5w one of them but was 100% it was the thinner version because it was temporarily for the summer.

- Would the thin oil be the problem of not starting because it's too cold?

- What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help a bunch.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:22 PM
just wanted to update...now the car doesn't responde to the unlocking and locking button, have to unlock it with the car key.

HELP

Last edited by ddk997; 12-09-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
It kind of sounds like your battery is completely dead. But I'm not expert, just a guess. It sounds like it is taking on an extremely minimal charge, enough to do stuff like alarm and car unlock, but not starter. You would need to get a new battery if this is the case.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
that what it sounds like to me. Also, check your alternator that plays a major part in the starting on the car and keeping it running. I don't think the oil would stop the car from starting.. that would be a starter problem.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Get your battery tested.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Most likely the battery is frozen and now will not take a charge. Remove the battery and take it to your local auto parts store for free testing.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by ddk997
Okay fellas I am new here and have been told to post my question on this wonderful forum.

I own a 2004 G35, and it hasn't been started for a week. I have noticed that when you try to unlock the doors with the keypad, it does not respond, knowing my battery is dead.

We tried to jump start it with jumper cables and that did not work, although after trying that many times I did find that now I can unlock my car doors with the keypad.

The very next day we tried to jump it again with a battery jumper cables, as soon as we clamped the things down on the batter, my car alarm went off, and it continued to sound as long as the clamps were on, the only time it went away was trying to start the car, however that never worked.

I then reliezed I haven't change my oil in the summer and I am located in Boston (the northeast) and it has been really cold the past week. I relezed I was using the thin oil, 15 or 5w one of them but was 100% it was the thinner version because it was temporarily for the summer.

- Would the thin oil be the problem of not starting because it's too cold?

- What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help a bunch.
you described exactly what happened to my 04 g35x, TWICE. I dont have a keypad thou. everything will work but it will not start..
i even bought a fully charged battery.. the dealer that fixed it said that it was a wiring issues, i never got the full detail on the problem because this happened after 2 weeks of getting the car.

does it make a light click when you turn the key? mines did

hope you get it starting soon

Old 12-12-2008, 08:11 PM
PlayboyHD....They probably just replaced your negative battery cable. This is actually a good time to remind everyone to check your battery cables for corrosion. Make sure they are clean especially if you live in a cold climate as the freezing temps drain batteries easily!!

Old 12-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Same problem fixed

Alright, same thing happened to me. I had my 03 g35 coupe towed to the dealership after buying a new battery and after recharging my car for several minutes. The problem was the boss radio which was shorting out with the temperature control unit. I was told that many of the factory radios were faulty and they were able to fix this problem by changing the radio head unit with a new one (but it looks refurbish).
My car was out of warranty, but they change the radio at no cost, because it was a problem that is happening to many g owners. For a long time I was having problems with my car not being able to hold a charge, but since the radio head unit was change I have never run into the same problem (which also fixed the problem with my ac controller).

Old 12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by PHOX 2
Alright, same thing happened to me. I had my 03 g35 coupe towed to the dealership after buying a new battery and after recharging my car for several minutes. The problem was the boss radio which was shorting out with the temperature control unit. I was told that many of the factory radios were faulty and they were able to fix this problem by changing the radio head unit with a new one (but it looks refurbish).
My car was out of warranty, but they change the radio at no cost, because it was a problem that is happening to many g owners. For a long time I was having problems with my car not being able to hold a charge, but since the radio head unit was change I have never run into the same problem (which also fixed the problem with my ac controller).

what he said, it's a big problem for 03's, for a while i would disconnect my positive terminal everywhere i went, then i upgraded my head unit and that fixed it,

Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Run some test on your battery and cables...your observing a loss of charge in this battery due to a parasitic drain....In other words there's probably a short in your circuit or something that is stayin on somewhere....If you just get a new battery it wont ever hold a charge till you solve the problem which is probably somewhere in the Boss factory sound system....Could be deck or amp in back.

P.S- try an avoid jump starting your car in freezing conditions....battery could explode if gassing

Old 01-15-2009, 03:31 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Change battery, it's probably dead and you won't be able to keep it charged for long. Replace it with a new one and like others have said check your alternator is working correctly

Old 01-15-2009, 04:16 AM
yap dead bat

Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, not dead battery.. there's a special order you have to connect the clamps from your car to the other car. It says it in the owner's manual.

Check under the index.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Car Won't Start - Tried JUMPING !!HELP!!