The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Please help! Warranty and suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help! Warranty and suspension

Hello all! I am a fairly new owner of an 04 coupe with 37k miles. Wondering if any of you guys might be able to help with some (possibly) stupid questions.

1) I'm assuming I'm no longer under warranty, correct?
2) I bought the car from a dealer (not an exclusive Infiniti dealer) in Boston, MA and it comes with a 90-day warranty. Would this cover suspension/shocks? i.e. the ride feels pretty bouncy (which only became evident once I started driving the streets of Boston) and I suspect it might be the shocks or springs.

Thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much.

p.s.
Would you think it wrong if I said I think I'm positively in-love with the sound of the engine at start-up? Or is it just me?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Should say in any warranty info the dealer gave you what it covers.

Usually it's just powertrain only. In other words you buy the car and the engine or tranny blows up 2 weeks later they cover it.

I don't think the 90 day warranty covers little issues that might come off like a peice of trim working loose 2 months later.

Boston roads are pretty rough in any car. We've had an outbreak of potholes. Is it a jarring ride? Or does the car actually bounce over bumps? Is it lowered or stock suspension-wise?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first of all, don't assume something as important as your factory warranty being expired. Find out for sure.

Secondly, did you test drive the car before you bought it?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the replies. I suppose I should correct myself and add that it's not significantly bouncy that I feel as if I'm riding an MBTA bus. Maybe I'm just not used to the sport springs...

Anyway, to answer the questions above:
1) Suspensions are stock sport
2) I did test drive it but frankly did not notice the bounce then (probably because I was too busy admiring everything else. lol. )

Regardless, I was just hoping for some insight before I contact the stealership IF incase it's not just in my head and I do need new shocks and/or suspensions, whether it'll be covered by the 90-day used car limited warranty. That's all. Thank you! =)

Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
1) I'm assuming I'm no longer under warranty, correct?
Our cars have 4 year, 60K, fully transferable factory warranties. You need to find out when your car was first purchased in order to determine when the factory warranty expires. I have an '04 and mine expires the end of this month, for example.

2) I bought the car from a dealer (not an exclusive Infiniti dealer) in Boston, MA and it comes with a 90-day warranty. Would this cover suspension/shocks?
You'd have to verify with the warranty verbiage, but typically wearable items are not covered by warranty unless they wear out or break well before their time. I would doubt suspension/shocks would be covered 4 yrs+ after the car was put into service (assuming they're OEM).

Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
The date your warranty expires depends on your ISD.. In Service Date

Old 01-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks everyone!

I called Infiniti and the ISD is Nov 2004. Dang! Missed it bya month! Ha!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Seymore
Our cars have 4 year, 60K, fully transferable factory warranties. You need to find out when your car was first purchased in order to determine when the factory warranty expires. I have an '04 and mine expires the end of this month, for example.

All the warraties are different. The one you cited is the bumper to bumper warranty. The 2nd most important one, powertrain, is 6 years/ 70,000 miles.