The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Fuel Tank won't take any gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009 | 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by electricjer
A gas tank shouldn't just go bad and they have given no possible cause other something in the tank, but it is almost empty and they can't see anything. It really sounds like a design problem or a defective part. Is there any way that I can try to get Infiniti to pick up the cost? Can I make a warranty claim directly or does it have to be through the dealership?
You can always write to Infiniti Canada and explain that you have heard that this is a common issue and would like to see some good will on Infiniti's part. Due to this not being an issue that very many different vehicles have I think it must be a design flaw.

The worst they can do is say no.

Old 01-20-2009 | 05:29 PM
|
Originally Posted by shakin
You can always write to Infiniti Canada and explain that you have heard that this is a common issue and would like to see some good will on Infiniti's part. Due to this not being an issue that very many different vehicles have I think it must be a design flaw.

The worst they can do is say no.
I did get a no from Infiniti over the phone on any warranty or recall claim. They said that since it was out of warranty they wouldn't do anything. Not too surprising. When I mentioned that I thought it could be related to the recall on the fuel filling tube, it led to another painful exercise in futility. They called up the dealership where it is getting serviced and talked to the service manager. Of course they are going to say everything is unrelated, they already have my money from the initial repair attempt. I ended up just formally filing a complaint even though I was told it wouldn't be addressed.

Old 01-21-2009 | 09:03 PM
I have the same problem as well. I can only fill my tank 7/8 of the way, which seems minor to you fellas problems, but when i fill up, i can smell gas in my cabin till i pass 3/4. It is horrible to smell, and kinda humiliating when i have friends in the car. I have no leaks near the gas tank, so i am confused as well!

Old 04-08-2009 | 04:12 PM
It's happened to me once... I left the keys at the "on" position so that my HUD would light up for me to take the mileage reading while I was fueling up. The trigger on the gas pump kept clicking off so I stood there and tried doing it manually to no avail. I don't know if this causes the pump to shut off, but as soon as I pulled my keys out, it started fueling like normal (I was gonna go in to complain to the gas attendant because I thought the pump wasn't working normally since it never happened to me before).

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:59 PM
SEC > Big 12
Staff Alumni
There was a recall on this, check with Infiniti to see if it was done on your car.

I didn't know about it until a few weeks ago when they gave me a call to schedule an appointment. It doesn't matter if you are out of warranty either.

Old 04-09-2009 | 09:18 AM
im familiar with this problem.. it doesnt often give me a problem and it seems like its just a couple of the gas stations i use where it will happen, but i can f*ck around with it and get the gas i need.. ^ i will check out the recall, and the status of any others because i havent checked the recalls since i bought the car a year or 2 ago.