G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

gas tank issue *clarify on parts name*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2009 | 02:00 PM
|
Exclamation gas tank issue *clarify on parts name*

hi guys

I've been researching and seen a lot of G35 owners with the same issue. Some with CEL, some without CEL. But commonly, everyone has difficulty filling tank up property and/or having gauge reading errors. So anyhow, I'm also one of the victim. The fill-up is not so bad, it would fill up beyond 1/2 a tank for sure before it click, and the occurance is random. I've overfill twice before since it click too early and my needle was near E, so I figure it should take some more gas and proceed to pump some more, it did pump for a good 10 more litres, but it wouldn't click and just went overfill and splash out. Also, the gauge would fluctuates all the time and only go 7/8 full.

So after doing all the necessary research before posting a thread to ask more useful questions. I figure out the common replacement parts like like: fuel sender, vents, vent brackets, shutter valve (no idea what's this), filler hose, "flapper" in the filler neck (don't even know what is that), etc. Most of those terms I'm not familiar with because I never had fuel system issues in my past vehicles. So I was looking up the parts name and price on "infiniti parts online" (The link will be included below that has the diagram and parts name with #s). Most of the terms mentioned doesn't match the terms on that diagram/parts-list.

So my main question is, what did you guys really replaced/repaired? I am trying to get the parts, but local dealers in Canada is way too experience compare to that site. And since I'm not too knowledgeable in fuel system components, I want to prevent ordering the wrong parts as much as possible. So for those that is knowledeable or have a great deal of experience with fuel system components (especially towards G35), can you please goto that link and let me know if you know exactly which parts was needed or did you had to replace? Is it something very labour intensive that I have to pay my private mech a lot of $ (he charges me $50 cdn/hr).

Here's the link:

http://www.infinitipartsonline.com/p...layCatalogid=0

Last edited by G35-M6; 02-12-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-19-2009 | 01:41 AM
|
nobody?

Old 02-19-2009 | 09:53 AM
Brother I feel you pain and there are lots of threads on this matter. I can't help you specifically with your request but I am pissed. I've had this car for 1 month and it is out of the time warranty portion by a few months.

Local dealerships won't repair the problem and I've called Infiniti consumer affairs and they told me TFS, (tough fvcking sheet).

Old 02-19-2009 | 09:46 PM
http://https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/243942-gas-gauge-weirdness-2.html

Post #25 includes the nomenclature and part #s directly from my invoice.