The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

got a damn fix-it ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by NismoAnt
LOL some of us are still old school and still use that term, but when you say Pierce, do you mean Pierce College?
155MPH Since you have an 03, It would'nt fit on an 05? Can anyone confirm this? If it does fit 155mph, can you help out a fellow G? Thanks man.
Correct Pierce College, is there another Pierce in the SFV? haha I'm old school, rock and roll, hot rods and that never have headaches. My son is with the rock group "The Chop Tops." Is that old school enough for ya, the terminology pigs still isn't cool and stupid!
Gary

Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
find out what fuji rates the exhaust at and what the stocker runs....if it's lower, then fight it.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Typical pig. Fight it. Win. Tell him to fvck off.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM
i got pulled over for the same reason. except i told the officer that the exhaust came with the car under the sport package. he just started to ask questions about how much the car runs for and what not and just let me go.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:03 AM
^^Yea thats exactly what I told them also just so I can get easy from them, but they were just totally big douches because it's almost the end of the month to finish up on their damn quota. They just had nothing better to do, when there are others driving wrecklessly...

Yea, they are supposed to check the decibals regardless. I'm soo pissed off how scandalous they are. How else are they supposed to determine whether its loud or not? Instead they just look at it and say its loud....ARGH!!

Thanks for all the support, but do you think I can fight it and win? If not, I'll just borrow someones exhaust for now... PROMISE I'll give it back once I get my Fujitsubo back from whomever borrows it

Last edited by NismoAnt; 05-28-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by NismoAnt
^^Yea thats exactly what I told them also just so I can get easy from them, but they were just totally big douches because it's almost the end of the month to finish up on their damn quota. They just had nothing better to do, when there are others driving wrecklessly...

Yea, they are supposed to check the decibals regardless. I'm soo pissed off how scandalous they are. How else are they supposed to determine whether its loud or not? Instead they just look at it and say its loud....ARGH!!

Thanks for all the support, but do you think I can fight it and win? If not, I'll just borrow someones exhaust for now... PROMISE I'll give it back once I get my Fujitsubo back from whomever borrows it
Don't worry about swapping your exhaust. I had a referee ticket recently and as long as its a cat-back or less then all you need to do is pass a decibel test which is about 96db i believe in CA. Fujitsubo should pass with no problem. PM me if you want more info. BTW I got an exhaust ticket while my car was off. What is the citation CVC # on the ticket? Is there a referee sticker on the back of the ticket?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:28 AM
I was stopped two days ago while driving home from Glendale on the 2 freeway. I didn't know I was being trailed until I noticed this car tailgating (He started tailgating/following me in the underpass where it connects the 2 south freeway to the 5 south.

I thought he wanted to pass so I switched lines (Making sure to signal) and I pretty much drove like a saint. He tried tailgating me, so I turned on my cruise control and just relaxed. Finally after a mile he got pissed and turned on his siren and flagged me on the right. I rolled down my window immediately as I stopped, which he thought I was hiding my window tint because he came up on the passenger side to talk to me even though we had enough room on my left for him to stand without danger to the freeway.

He came up and told me that 1st. I had expired plates, which than I said 1st.. I barely got this car last week and the license is still inthe process. Which after that he shut up and immediately brought up the tints and how he would have been able to see my temporary identification sticker on my front mirror if my DRIVER SIDE AND PASSENGER SIDE window was not tinted. Okay, first of all that doesn't make since because he was behind me the whole time on the freeway, and the only window he was able to see through from his position was the back mirror, and mine isn't even LIMO TINTED which is legal, and if it was oh god he would not be able to see. I don't recommend this (I was kind of in a ******* mood myself), but I laughed at his statement and told him of his stupidity in his statement and how the driver side window has nothing to do with it as it is not even angled to show the front mirror if he is BEHIND me. He got offended by my laughing and immediately started telling me how he thinks I'm BSING him (His exact words) and than says that he'll "let" me off this time because I just got the car and that I have to go to the dealer to get it removed and that he will "make" sure I get my tint off. He didn't even hand me a ****ing ticket or a card to contact him or his police department about my tint removal.

Douche.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
damn that totally sucks man

Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 AM
*******s like this is what gives cops a bad name. Sorry to hear about the hassel. Hopefully someone local will let you borrow some stock exhaust.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
So glad i don't live in Cali. I'd get annoyed as hell if someone poked through my car every time i got stopped for stupid stuff like that.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
You gotta be prepared for some officer that's having a bad day, we all do on occasion. I keep that HKS sheet paper clipped to all the other items they'd ask for if I got pulled over. I'd definitely argue the point if they were going to write a ticket for anything except of course tint and front plate missing....
Gary

Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Not sure how it works in CA... but...
last time I checked the worst thing you could get from a fix-it ticket was a real ticket the next time they picked you up. I get pulled over all the time for no front plate, so far I paid a $45 ticket one time for not having it, which I think has so far been worth not drilling holes in the front of my car.

As you may also be aware, when the cop says "can you open your hood" or "can I look in your vehicle for xyz" or "let me look in your trunk"... that is actually just a request to search your vehicle, phrased so that it sounds mandatory. You are perfectly within your rights to say no, you cannot search my vehicle. I've done it before and they just sort of give you a weird look and continue asking dumb questions. If you say no and they find something you should not have (I don't know what that would be), then legally it cannot be held against you as evidence... see also the Fourth Amendment, or every episode of Law and Order ever made.

I also don't think it's reasonable for you to have to disassemble your car (removing the engine cover?) for him to search your vehicle. If my mom was driving, she wouldn't know how to do that.

If your aftermarket exhaust is actually quieter than stock, you may just take it down to the station and have them listen to the exhaust as-is... or maybe take a friend if you know anyone with a G with stock exhaust for comparison... who knows.

The front plate thing, I agree, you can use those high-powered magnets or some temporary solution if you really want to get the fix-it taken care of... but like I said, not sure how it works in Cali but out here a fix-it really doesn't mean much.

If you're super pissed about the loud exhaust thing, contest it and see what happens.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
I may have to take it to Pierce College and set up an appointment to prove to them that my exhaust is as quiet as a stock exhaust. As for my license plate, I know I cant fight that and it's my fault lol. I dissasebled my car because they wanted to search for a stupid fuel rail which is commonly found in a HONDA, but they couldnt find it on mine. If I didn't take off that cover, then its just another reason for them to ref the hell out of me.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Dude this Cop who was a total bitch who was having her period or something pulled me over infront of my HS when i was 17. First thing that bitch said to me was " who's car is this?" "where'd you get this car from?". Stupid bitch thaught i stole a ****ing infiniti and drove it to school. And she was cussing too. I was so poilte and said "Yes, Ma am" and everything but she just cussed at me and warned me that she will suspend my license if she catch me again and just left. WTF?!?

So yeah cops can be dousches but sometimes they are nice and helps you out.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
I'd lend you my exhaust if I lived in CA... I try finding whatever reason to take my car apart and put it back together... I used to love Legos, Tinkertoys, Kinex, etc as a kid, and now my car is the larger version of those =) Anyway, I'm sorry to hear CHP is such a PITA... Good luck with the ticket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a damn fix-it ticket!!!