The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

got a damn fix-it ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a damn fix-it ticket!!!

On a tuesday night, just cruising down Moorpark at 12:00am I start to notice that there's so many pigs on duty. Seems they are on a hunt for ricers looking for a street race or something, just on my way back from my friends house going home, out of no where theres a CHP with his headlights off on the opposite lane made a complete U turn and decides to pull me over.

As he approaches my G coupe (which isnt heavily modified, just for looks), first things he says "Have you been drinking?". I was like "WTF?!?!?", umm no I haven't, so of course he asks for the usual, license, registration, and insurance. I hand him everything and the pig walks back to his barn. A good minute, he walks back to my car and says, "Sir, can you open your hood". So I did and he takes a look at it and says, "wheres your carb sticker on your intake?" Clearly it says it on the intake in front of his face and I pointed it out to him under his nose while he was looking. Next he asks "what's underneath that cover (my carbon fiber engine cover). I said the intake manifold, and requested for me to take off the cover because he wants to check for any modified fuel rail system. OK...... So I took it off for him, and he said, "well I'm trained to look for modified fuel rails and camshafts but I really don't know what I'm looking for on your car" LOL what an idiot.

He walks around my car checking for any other modifications, and my car looks completely stock because I swapped out all the carbon fiber pieces on my car to OEM. He looks at my Volk rims and says, "are those 22's?" I ignored him.... he walks to the back and sees my Fujitsubo exhaust, and he thinks it's an loud exhaust because it appears to be aftermarket. He tried crawling underneath my car (and my car is dumped!) to check if my cats are still there, as he was still on the floor he takes a picture of it... ok... He comes back to me and said "I'm going to cite you for have a loud exhaust and no front license plate".. at this point I was soooo furious because my exhuast is not loud at all!! I was driving 35mph and it sounded like nothing, even at high RPM's it doesn't growl. A stock exhaust is louder than my Fujitsubo.. I told him, how can you determine whether my exhuast is loud or not just by looking at it, you have to test it by the decibals. He said, "I dont have to test it for DECIMALS because I already know its loud and its aftermarket" I said you mean "decibals", and he said "yes, decimals"... LOL whatever... so he gave me a damn fixit ticket for license plate and exhaust.

So... now I'm looking for someone to kindly help me out if you do have a stock exhaust, I would like to borrow your stock exhaust to show them that I have made that fix. I'm located in Simi Valley/Reseda, CA, please..... can somone help me out? I'll meet you halfway and I'll let you borrow my exhaust. Thanks

Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
LOL that sucks.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry to hear that and hope it all works out. Thank gawd I dont live in Cali, Ive always had modded cars and that kinda garbage would drive me crazy....haha

Old 05-27-2009, 11:10 PM
if this ever happened to me, there would be a dead pig in my trunk
jk jk
but that sucks man, wish i could help u, but I've got an '03
good luck!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Two fix-it violations....=(

All is not lost....stick your front license plate on with double sided adhesive drive over to Pierce to the state checking station and have them sign it off. Present the ticket signed off when and were it tells you to go, shouldn't cost more than $20+....don't know what the checking station charges...I'm new! Don't use the terminology pigs that went out in the 70s....not cool!
Gary

Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Yes, it does suck.. I hope someone out there is nice enough to let me borrow their stock exhaust just for the mean time. SOOO damn ridiculous, they think my motor looks like a B16 motor and he was expecting to see a modified fuel rail just like on the Hondas.. What a douche, he even pulled out his damn phone and showed me what he was looking for. They are all pictures of Honda motors LOL.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:18 PM
5-0, POPO, whichever lol

Originally Posted by gary c
All is not lost....stick your front license plate on with double sided adhesive drive over to Pierce to the state checking station and have them sign it off.

Don't use the terminology pigs that went out in the 70s....not cool!
Gary
LOL some of us are still old school and still use that term, but when you say Pierce, do you mean Pierce College?

155MPH Since you have an 03, It would'nt fit on an 05? Can anyone confirm this? If it does fit 155mph, can you help out a fellow G? Thanks man.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
damn that sucks..if i lived in socal
id let you borrow my stock exhaust

Old 05-27-2009, 11:26 PM
THanks O hella, I appreciate it though. So hows your carbon fiber car coming along? lol I used to be a carbon fiber freak but I just got over the phase and went back to stock look.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:28 PM
I'll see what I can do, I've got finals until Weds., but after that I'l have some free time

Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
SWEET!! 155Mph youre awsome! but wait a minute.. on your signature it says that you have a sedan? or do you not?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
what a dumb ****** fuking pig, always hated the CHP, regular cops are okay, but they are true a-holes. But how do you check for upgraded cam shafts ? ???

Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by jutn35
what a dumb ****** fuking pig, always hated the CHP, regular cops are okay, but they are true a-holes
SERIOUSLY!! they got nothing better to do but to pull over people who didnt do anythign wrong. Whats soo f'ing messed up was, the two b1tches drove off laughing... GRRRRR!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
dont they have to check the decibals anyways?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
oh, right, the sedan
srry man

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a damn fix-it ticket!!!